Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #271
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It is a very nice walk, one which I took several times this trip, so I completely understand.

I forgot to comment that I also think Tower of Terror is the best attraction ever, from the outstandingly detailed queue, to the intriguing twilight part at the beginning of the ride, to the oh so fun random drops.

I finally tried the chocolate and peanut butter cupcake this trip. I liked it, but I still prefer the Red Velvet.
It is a really nice walk, it's just tiring after you have been walking all day!

Yay, the Tower of Terror IS the best ride ever!!! I love everything about it!

I love the Red Velvet too, I just like the peanut butter a tiny bit more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I have... I rode it once and will never ride it again! I'm glad to say I tried it though!
Awww...well at least you tried it! I still think you should give it one more try, though! You're missing out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Im joining in! You have me laughing about the dousing yourself in Laila and drinking the cheese fondue! Lol. The dousing thing is something I used to but I just got Laila for Christmas! I love smelling like that.

The Port Orleans Royal room is so pretty! You got a lot done in your first couple of days.

Looking forward to more!
Yay, so glad you're here!

OMG I love that Laila! I'm going back in a few weeks and I think I'm finally going to buy myself a bottle! I never do because it's so expensive, but whatever, I need it!

I loved the Royal POR room, it was so pretty and cozy! POR is such a great resort, so relaxing!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #272
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

Yay, so glad you're here!

OMG I love that Laila! I'm going back in a few weeks and I think I'm finally going to buy myself a bottle! I never do because it's so expensive, but whatever, I need it!

I loved the Royal POR room, it was so pretty and cozy! POR is such a great resort, so relaxing!
If you are worried about cost (which I was) buy it on Amazon. It is cheaper on Amazon!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #273
MEK
DIS Veteran

I noticed they changed Writer's stop.

I know what you mean about sweets in the morning. But once I have one I am hooked for the rest of the day.

Cool picture inside RnR. And yeah for your favorite ride EVER!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #274
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I think that all snack spots should have sweet and salty options. I like having variety! Sometimes I just don't want something sweet especially in the morning. I could totally go for that pb cupcake right now since it's 9pm though! When Howard and I got it during our April 2012 trip, we ate a little bit of it and then had to bring it back with us in the to go box to eat another time. We had just eaten one of those huge sandwiches from Starring Rolls too, so there was no way we'd be able to fit the cupcake! That thing eats like a meal on its own!

Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (Disneymoon TR in progress)
Saving Dole Whip Float Money - PTR for Feb 2011 // Delicious Indeed! - TR for February 2011
It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! - PTR for April 2010 // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon - TR for April 2010
A DISer's Trip of Firsts! - TR for Feb 2008 // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! - Living the Life Outside of VMK

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #275
Li Li
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm still a relative DISboards newbie. But I found your TR and got all caught up this evening (and totally drained my iPhone battery in the process, lol!)

I am loving the report; thanks!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #276
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
If you are worried about cost (which I was) buy it on Amazon. It is cheaper on Amazon!!!
Really? I had no idea! Thanks, I'll check it out! I do kind of want to buy it in Norway, but if it's significantly cheaper on Amazon, I'll get over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I noticed they changed Writer's stop.

I know what you mean about sweets in the morning. But once I have one I am hooked for the rest of the day.

Cool picture inside RnR. And yeah for your favorite ride EVER!
Yeah, I don't like it.

Haha, I know! That's why sometimes I don't like sweet things in the morning!

Thanks! Yay for Tot, it's the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I think that all snack spots should have sweet and salty options. I like having variety! Sometimes I just don't want something sweet especially in the morning. I could totally go for that pb cupcake right now since it's 9pm though! When Howard and I got it during our April 2012 trip, we ate a little bit of it and then had to bring it back with us in the to go box to eat another time. We had just eaten one of those huge sandwiches from Starring Rolls too, so there was no way we'd be able to fit the cupcake! That thing eats like a meal on its own!
Haha, yeah, I'd LOVE a Disney cupcake right now! I'm not a big breakfast person to begin with, so sometimes, I'm just not in the mood for anything early in the morning, never mind something sweet! Weird! I always forget that you can get those cupcakes to go, I think whenever I stay in an Epcot resort again, I'm just going to get a week long supply of cupcakes and keep them in my fridge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Li View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I'm still a relative DISboards newbie. But I found your TR and got all caught up this evening (and totally drained my iPhone battery in the process, lol!)

I am loving the report; thanks!
Yay, welcome! I'm so glad you like the TR, happy you're here! The DIS boards are great!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #277
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Pluto or Rapunzel?

Saturday, November 10, Part 2

Hi everyone! Can you believe I'm going back to Disney in 26 DAYS!!!! It just doesn't seem real, I'm getting so anxious! Once I find out more details I'll try to do a little pre-trip update here, since I've barely shared any details with you guys! But my sister seems to be a chronic ADR changer like I am, so I'm still not entirely sure where we're eating or what our plans are! That's fine with me though, it's going to make this trip really exciting! I can't wait!

Anyway, I want to try to finish up our morning at DHS, so update time!

We left off with Brandon and I eating our yummy baked goods at Starring Roles. When we finished, we were hoping to get into the next drawing class, since we got shut out of the first one! We walked over to the Animation building and...we found another huge group waiting! What was going on??

The class was starting in a few minutes, and the CM told us to stay because we would probably get in, so we did. They opened the doors and let everyone in...and finally they told us there were 2 seats left, yay! But guess where they were? Right in the front. We didn't even get to sit at a drawing desk, we sat on this ledge they have right in the front, and they give you a board to draw on in your lap! I was annoyed, because I didn't think I could draw very well like that, but I didn't want to wait until the next class, so whatever, we stayed.

The drawing instructor asked everyone what characters people have drawn before, and we got our choices narrowed down to 2 characters...Rapunzel and Pluto. The instructor made us vote...it was a tough choice for me, becaues I LOVE Rapunzel, but I've been dying to draw one of the Fab Five, so I voted for Pluto, and Pluto won! Brandon was actually one of the 3 people who voted for Rapunzel! Oh well, maybe next time!

It was fun drawing Pluto! I think our drawings came out pretty ok, considering we basically (that's for you Marissa!) had to draw on our laps!

Brandon's Pluto:

And mine:

I love the drawing class so much, because not only do you get awesome souvenirs to take home with you, but it makes me feel like I have SOME drawing talent!

When we were finished, we stopped in the villains store, where I bought a Vinylmation and got something weird from Disneyland Paris, and then we went to use our Tower of Terror FP's!

Isn't she beautiful? I put this next one on Instagram:

When we got to the FP line, we saw tons of people waiting in it! I guess it got pretty busy that day, because we actually had to wait about 15 minutes in that FP line, which was weird, because I don't think we've ever used FP's for ToT and if we have, it never took very long! It will be interesting to see how this new FP+ or whatever they're calling the new FP system now will work!

Once we rode ToT again, we decided we should probably go back to POR for a while, so we made our way out of the park.

I love the Christmas decorations there!

We got back to POR and I took pictures of my weird Vinylmation

and my very first Disney pin that I bought, a Christmas Agent P!

Brandon was kind of hungry, so we walked over to the Riverside Mill to see what they had. (Haha, like it was our first time there! And like I don't have the dining app on my phone! )

It is such a beautiful resort, I was really enjoying the walk over there!

When we got there, we went straight to the make your own pasta station! Brandon loved this the first time we went there, so I knew that's what he wanted! I wasn't really that hungry, but I decided to get my own pasta, since he likes weird stuff in his and I just wanted penne, alfredo sauce and chicken! I forgot to take pictures, but it was REALLY good! Not as good as the chicken alfredo at Pop, but close!

When we were finished eating, we went back to the room to sleep for a while! I absolutely had to sleep because the Magic Kingdom was open ridiculously late that night...3 AM to be exact! And i was hoping to make it until the very end!!

Up next...an amazing dinner and MK magic hours!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #278
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OMG I love your pluto drawings both of them,you guys did awesome!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #279
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow, hooray for just 26 days to go!!
Nice Pluto drawings!
LOVE make your own pasta stations!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #280
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

You're going back so soon! Lucky!

Both this trip and the one in 2011 I saw lots of people for the drawing class. It seems to be getting very popular now and not so much a hidden gem anymore. I find you either have to arrive 15-20 minutes early, or you will get a pad at the front. Or sometimes nothing at all and will have to wait another 30 minutes. I can see why so many people want to do it though, it's so much fun!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #281
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hahaha! Basically. I mean, basically. Ya know? Basically.

LITERALLY.

Aww, yall both did a great job on Pluto! So cute!

Darn those crowds!

I love your pin! That was your first? Oh man. I smell an addiction coming on... (Hahah, at least, that's what happened to me!)

YAY FOR EMH!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #282
DisneyKay
Earning My Ears

First time going on these boards, and I stumbled upon this. I love it! I'll be watching the thread with anticipation to read more!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #283
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Jen. LOVE LOVE LOVE your Pluto drawings...you guys did great.

We often get FP's for TOT, but I don't remember ever having to wait for the ride in the fastpass line.

One of these days we have to take a drive to POR and have the pasta at the pasta station.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #284
MEK
DIS Veteran

26 days????????? You are so lucky! I'm so jealous!

You guys did such a good job with your drawings. I'm impressed!!!!!

Cute Agent P pin!

Beautiful ToT pictures!

I love the "make your own" pasta at POR. So good and they give you practically enough to make two meals.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #285
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Man, I hope you had a good time at the 3AM EMH. It was PACKED! Did not have the best time there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: