Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #256
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

OK, I'm going to just say it...if there are no Disney cupcakes in Heaven, I'm not staying. But of course there will be Disney cupcakes there because it's HEAVEN! I haven't tried the peanut butter one, but it's on my list...it looks SO yummy!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #257
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm with you in missing that little seating area in the Writer's Stop! It was one of our favorite spots too!

That Peanut Butter Cupcake does look really good! I've only tried the Red Velvet one there, but I'd love to have more of them!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #258
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm happy to report that the walls in the Little Mermaid room are a nice grey-blue that fits very well with the room.

The friendship boat was not running to get to DHS from Epcot, or you guys just didn't feel like taking it? I think the walk takes about 25 minutes, which makes sense since you guys stopped to ask for directions and it took you 30 minutes total.

Great updates!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #259
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Great update. I actually saw it last night while I was holding the baby. I've heard that it's good to read to babies, no matter what the content, so I read the update aloud to her. It's kind-of awesome to do a dramatic reading of a TR update! Plus, she learned important lessons like: the chocolate peanut butter cupcake is the best (agreed!) and you have to get up early at WDW. I seriously want a Starring Rolls cupcake right now. I think I will have to settle for a (delicious) Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup instead.
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #260
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We were there that morning too. I swear we must've been walking by each other all the time.
We had one of those cupcakes this trip too. YUM! We split it 3 ways and it was still a lot!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #261
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

That is always my thought when I ride TSM... My arm cannot go any faster. How on earth do people get scores that high? Bionic arms I guess?

I agree! Soooo much love to Tot

Gahh that cupcake looks beyond amazing!!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #262
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow, great start to DHS that morning! ToT terrifies me, but other than that I loved everything!
I've still never tried the Writer's Stop. Must get in there next trip.
Mmmmmm Starring Rolls cupcakes!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #263
amazingact21
Upendi

Sounds like a fun morning in DHS. I love riding RNRC first thing in the morning; there's just something refreshing about getting such an adrenaline rush before 10am. and that's probably what made you crave that cupcake. Although, how you can be on Sunset Blvd and NOT stop at Starring Rolls is beyond me. The peanut butter cupcake is the best! Your pictures made me wish I could have one right now...
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 01-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #264
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
That cupcake looks fantastic last trip was oct 2011 and went there an got a butterfinger cupcake. That thing was Hugh. Can't wait to get back there. ( going nov 10, 2013 POR for moms 70th b-day) I guess we will be arriving the last day of food and wine but when do the Osborne lights begin? We are staying till nov 16
It was fantastic! I liked the Butterfinger cupcake, but nothing beats that peanut butter one! Yay, November is a great week to go! This year the Osborne Lights started on the 9th, but I'm not sure when they start this year...I'm guessing it will be sometime during your trip, though! We've gone 3 times in November before Thanksgiving and we have seen the Lights on every trip! They start them pretty early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Jen. Not a bad time for your TSM fastpass considering you walked while all the goofs ran.

I was upset they had taken the seats out of Writers Shop too; Mark and I loved sitting in there and having our morning coffee while waiting for our fastpass use.

You and I definitely agree on TOT...love it. It is probably my favorite ride in all of Disney.

I love all the chocolate on top of your cupcake. I wouldn't be eating the cupcake itself as I don't like peanut butter, but I'd be eating that chocolate and giving Mark the cupcake.
Haha, yeah, I'm not running for a FP, I refuse! Walking briskly though, that's another story!

I loved hanging out in the Writer's Stop! I loved it so much that I'm considering writing to Disney to complain about it, but I'm guessing that's the least of their worries!

ToT is the BEST ride ever! I could ride it over and over!

WHAT? No peanut butter? Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Mmm...I want a cupcake now!
Haha, I know, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
YUMMY cupcakes and that eclair looks HEAVENLY as well. Since my plan is to also do HS on an EE day next week, I think this will have to be our breakfast stop as well!

So glad you got so much done so quickly. That's the reason I know we just HAVE to make rope drop this time. I still can't believe we went to Disney in November and did not ride TSM. It seems so unreal!
I didn't try the eclair, but I'm sure it was good! I was too consumed with my cupcake! I love Starring Roles, it's a great place to grab breakfast, even if you do end up eating a cupcake for breakfast, nothing wrong with that in Disney!

Yeah, rope drop in DHS is the way to go if you want to ride TSM! It drives Brandon crazy, but at least he doesn't whine too much about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
That cupcake looks heavenly. I've never actually had one. Whenever I grab a snack it's always a Mickey Head Icecream. There's always next time.
It really is amazing, all of the cupcakes there are fantastic! Haha, see, I've never had the Mickey ice cream bar, isn't that crazy? Maybe in Feb. I will finally get one!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #265
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Gotta love those TSM FP's! Writer's stop looks cute, I will have to try it out sometime! We just tried Starring Rolls for the first time in December, and I enjoyed it a lot. Once or twice I've had big line-ups for the animation class, but that one you had seems huge! People must be realizing how fun it is
Writer's Stop is awesome, but it's not the same without the seating! I know I'm whining about it, but I really miss just sitting in there, watching the park come alive in the morning!

Yeah, there was a huge group waiting for that drawing class, it was obnoxious! And it was weird because the park didn't seem that busy! They're going to have to put in more seats if it's getting popular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Okay, for some reason I feel like I heard that they took the tables out to help the crowd flow for the Osborne Lights. I thought it was temporary! So... maybe it is! Hahah I don't know.

AHHHHH TOY STORYYYYY. I know what you mean, I don't understand how people have gotten like 500,000 or whatever. I never could get that high of a score because I'm just so in awe every time I ride that thing that I'm like trying to get points but I still have to take everything in and forget about the game. OH WELL!!

Hahha yay for your ToT fix!

I'm so scared to try the PB cupcake from Starring Rolls because it looks like SO MUCH! I don't care what anyone says, Contempo has THE BEST CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for you to try one, seriously. And maybe you could send me one? I'm sure it would only cost a few hundred to ship.
I hope that's all it is, and they put back the seating there! I could swear we went there last December and the seats were there though...unless they're trying something new! They are obsessed with how the crowd flows for the Osborne Lights, huh?

If I ever get over 200,000 on TSM, I'll be happy! I just don't know how people do it...there must be hidden targets or something!

Well, those cupcakes are huge, but they are SO worth it! You have to try one! I'm definitely going to be trying a cupcake from Contempo in a few weeks, I'm sad about missing that mint one though, that one looked amazing! Haha, I wish they had a way to ship Disney cupcakes! They would probably make a fortune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay for TSM fastpasses! It always helps getting there early.

Tower of Terror and RNRC are both so awesome. I'm so glad I got over my fear of both of them because they are two of my absolute must-dos now on every trip!

Oooh, a peanut butter cupcake?! I didn't know they had that! It looks really good. I might have to try that in April!
I love getting to DHS early, you can get so much done!

They are 2 of the best rides ever! I feel like for a while I wasn't that into RnRC because it gave me such an awful headache, but I'm over it now and I'm back in love with that ride!

It is really good, if you like peanut butter, you will LOVE this cupcake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I don't know how those people get 400,000 either. My arm is about to fall off when I am done !!!
Haha, I know right? I'm going to do some research, there have to be cheats in there somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
OMG!!!!! Makes me sad Writers Stop took out the seating!!!!!

Disney cupcakes are awesome!!! makes my mouth water!!!

Let me just say, I am JEALOUS of you going back to disney soon!!!! :P

You're going to have such a great time!!!
Yeah, I'm not happy about it either! I hope they put it back soon!

Disney cupcakes are the best!

I cannot believe I'm going back so soon, I mean, it doesn't even seem real! It's going to be fun, I have a feeling it will be totally different than when I go with Brandon. My sister is pretty into Disney like I am, so I think we will both be up and ready to go for rope drop every morning, it will be nice to not have anyone to drag out of bed on this trip!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #266
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcl516 View Post
My husband would absolutely love that peanut butter cupcake....Can't wait to be there. Just 43 LONG days left!!!
It is a fantastic cupcake! All of the Starring Roles cupcakes are amazing! Yay 43 days!!! It will be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
That cupcake at Starring Rolls looks divine... but then again I am of the personal opinion that the combo of chocolate and peanut butter is the food of the gods... (There was quite a nice cake at Boardwalk Bakery that was really good and was peanut butter and chocolate too...) It seems like most of the baked items from Starring Rolls are winners and Boardwalk Bakery too... sorry about the cheese danish... that stinks when you are looking forward to something and its just not that great...

You know I didn't notice the missing tables and chairs but that's probably because I was so totally focused on getting a coffee to go... that's a shame...(I do need to try that carrot cake cookie though) ... they also used to have a larger selection of Disney books... and they have thinned that down a little which I think is also a shame...

Yay for your TSM fast passes and your ToT ones as well... see the early bird does catch the worm...(or fastpasses) I DO not understand the stampede thing... It's so unDisney... I understand moving quickly to get over there... but is it really worth getting hurt or hurting someone else? Some of the stuff I've seen...

Oh I hope you get into the drawing class...
I totally agree about chocolate and peanut butter. Whoever put those 2 things together is a genius! I've never had anything from Boardwalk Bakery yet, I've been in there, but I never got anything...I'll have to go over there again and check it out! They have that oreo cupcake right? Yum!

Yeah, I missed the seats in Writer's Stop. I hope they bring them back, it's such a nice place to take a break for a little while and have a snack or something.

I'm not a big fan of the stampede either, I'm actually amazed Disney allows it, but whatever! It's not as bad as it used to be at least, but I just wish there was a way to calm it down a bit. They should just have a single file roped off path from the entrance to TSM or something! That would take forever, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
OK, I'm going to just say it...if there are no Disney cupcakes in Heaven, I'm not staying. But of course there will be Disney cupcakes there because it's HEAVEN! I haven't tried the peanut butter one, but it's on my list...it looks SO yummy!
Haha, I agree! I can't stay somewhere for eternity with no Disney cupcakes! The peanut butter cupcake is my favorite, it's fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm with you in missing that little seating area in the Writer's Stop! It was one of our favorite spots too!

That Peanut Butter Cupcake does look really good! I've only tried the Red Velvet one there, but I'd love to have more of them!
It wasn't there on your trip either? That makes me sad. I was hoping Marissa was right, with it only being an Osborne Lights thing, but I guess it's permanent, huh? Sigh.

It is really good! I love the Red Velvet ALMOST as much, especially with that cheesecake in the middle, but the chocolate peanut butter one has chocolate. And peanut butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm happy to report that the walls in the Little Mermaid room are a nice grey-blue that fits very well with the room.

The friendship boat was not running to get to DHS from Epcot, or you guys just didn't feel like taking it? I think the walk takes about 25 minutes, which makes sense since you guys stopped to ask for directions and it took you 30 minutes total.

Great updates!
Haha, that's what I thought!

It was running, but we get so impatient on boats sometimes, because they go so slow, we figured it would be better to just walk and actually feel like we were getting somewhere! I've always wanted to walk there anyway, so it was nice that we finally had a chance to do it!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #267
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Great update. I actually saw it last night while I was holding the baby. I've heard that it's good to read to babies, no matter what the content, so I read the update aloud to her. It's kind-of awesome to do a dramatic reading of a TR update! Plus, she learned important lessons like: the chocolate peanut butter cupcake is the best (agreed!) and you have to get up early at WDW. I seriously want a Starring Rolls cupcake right now. I think I will have to settle for a (delicious) Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup instead.
Thanks! What a great idea, reading TR's to a baby! That's so much better than a baby book, that way she will grow up loving Disney no matter what! I'm glad I'm helping her to know the important things in life, like Disney cupcakes are the best cupcakes in the world! Make sure you also tell her about the Tower or Terror too, best ride ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We were there that morning too. I swear we must've been walking by each other all the time.
We had one of those cupcakes this trip too. YUM! We split it 3 ways and it was still a lot!
Haha, probably, so weird! I know, you can probably share that cupcake with 6 people and you will still be full, they are huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
That is always my thought when I ride TSM... My arm cannot go any faster. How on earth do people get scores that high? Bionic arms I guess?

I agree! Soooo much love to Tot

Gahh that cupcake looks beyond amazing!!
Haha, I guess! Like seriously, I think my right arm is pretty strong for a girl, and I just cannot get my score to go any higher! I'm going to start lifting weights or something and see if it makes a difference in 4 weeks!

ToT is the BEST! I could go on that ride over and over!

IT IS! Best cupcake ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Wow, great start to DHS that morning! ToT terrifies me, but other than that I loved everything!
I've still never tried the Writer's Stop. Must get in there next trip.
Mmmmmm Starring Rolls cupcakes!
Thanks! Have you ever been on ToT? If not, you should really try it at least once...it's so much fun! Writer's Stop is great, but I miss the chairs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sounds like a fun morning in DHS. I love riding RNRC first thing in the morning; there's just something refreshing about getting such an adrenaline rush before 10am. and that's probably what made you crave that cupcake. Although, how you can be on Sunset Blvd and NOT stop at Starring Rolls is beyond me. The peanut butter cupcake is the best! Your pictures made me wish I could have one right now...
I love RnRC first thing too, it starts the day off right! It so strange that it took me SO long to even realize Starring Roles existed, and now I have to go there on every trip! Haha, I wish I could have one right now too...yum!

Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #268
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Haha, that's what I thought!

It was running, but we get so impatient on boats sometimes, because they go so slow, we figured it would be better to just walk and actually feel like we were getting somewhere! I've always wanted to walk there anyway, so it was nice that we finally had a chance to do it!
It is a very nice walk, one which I took several times this trip, so I completely understand.

I forgot to comment that I also think Tower of Terror is the best attraction ever, from the outstandingly detailed queue, to the intriguing twilight part at the beginning of the ride, to the oh so fun random drops.

I finally tried the chocolate and peanut butter cupcake this trip. I liked it, but I still prefer the Red Velvet.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #269
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Thanks! Have you ever been on ToT? If not, you should really try it at least once...it's so much fun! Writer's Stop is great, but I miss the chairs!
I have... I rode it once and will never ride it again! I'm glad to say I tried it though!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #270
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Im joining in! You have me laughing about the dousing yourself in Laila and drinking the cheese fondue! Lol. The dousing thing is something I used to but I just got Laila for Christmas! I love smelling like that.

The Port Orleans Royal room is so pretty! You got a lot done in your first couple of days.

Looking forward to more!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: