Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #226
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Can you believe I've never had cheese fondue?? I keep meaning to try it some day because I love cheese and I love bread and I love dipping. I love that you drank your cheese, I don't blame you one bit! It sounds yummy!
I've never done the Epcot to DHS walk before, that's a lot of walking though, there and back! I love DHS at Christmas time too, those Osbourne lights are so beyond fantastic.
YUM dinner at Le Cellier!!
Why is everyone posting so much about food today!? I'm stuck at work and I'm getting hungry!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #227
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

You like cheese a lot Huh? Me too...

Well now that you've made that walk over to the studios... I have lived vicariously through you and will cross that off my list...

Your Osbourne Light Pictures are really beautiful...

I wouldn't have guessed that you'd order the Cheddar soup at Le Cellier ... Your meal looked great... I do think its a shame about making lunch 2 TS credits...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #228
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love cheese, so I can see why you got excited about that booth! Sounds like you got quite the workout walking back and forth between parks! The Osbourne lights are so amazing, and your pictures look great! It's too bad that Le Cellier is going to be 2 credits for lunch and dinner. I liked it when we ate there, but I'm not sure I'd want to use 2 credits for it.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #229
Mrs T 2009
DIS Veteran

UGH!!!!!

Your day makes me sad! I miss DISNEY!!!!!

It sounds like a perfect day!!! especially ending it with le cellier! haha
Sept 2009- CSR/ Oct 2010- CSR&CBR/ May 2011-POFQ/ Sept 2011- Bonnet Creek/ Oct 2012- POP!/ April 2013- day trip/ Oct 2013- Disneyland/July 2014-OKW/ Oct 2014- AoA&AKLV/ Jan 2015- Sarasota&GFV/June 2015- AKLV

Old 01-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #230
amazingact21
Upendi

The Osbourne Lights are amazing, and I think it's totally worth a 30 minute walk to DHS and back to see them. But wow, I didn't realize it took that long to get from one park to the other. I knew it took about 25 via boat, but I just figured walking would be quicker. Now I know...

I know exactly what you mean about having other adults to talk to about Disney. It gives you this instant connection. When Alex discovered his coworker was a huge Disney fan, he got so excited. Even now, that's all they talk about at work.

That chocolate martini looks amazing! That plus the chedder cheese soup makes me want to eat at that restaurant so bad! But wow, not leaving the restaurant until 10:30. Must have been a little different walking out and seeing Epcot so empty...
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #231
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Osborne Lights. I hate how they make you walk all past it getting glimpses here and there and make you come in on the other side now too. I remember our first year, walking up to it and coming down past the Writer's Stop, and BAM there it all was in front of you! Now it's like you're getting spoilers as they wave those little light up wands at you and make you walk past it!

Glad you made it back in time for your dinner. Someday, I'll get to eat at Le Cellier. Someday!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #232
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I loved the Osborne lights. And pictures just can't even show how amazing it is. So glad you got to see it on opening night!!!
I think we were there that day, but had an ADR to get to, so we missed it by about 20 minutes that night.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #233
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

You're making me regret passing up the cheese fondue at F&W!!! It looks really good!!

Yay for getting to see the Lights! The walk from Epcot to DHS doesn't sound too bad, sounds like it's about the same timing as the boat, really!

Hahaha of COURSE you went to Le Cellier!! Your martini looks awesome!!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:47 AM   #234
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I don't think I'll ever be able to make it to Food and Wine because of my teacher schedule, but I really do love the idea of getting to try a little bit from each booth. I can't eat that much in one sitting because of my health anyway, so it just seems perfect for me! Eat a little, explore a little, eat a little, explore a little!

Oh wow, I didn't know they were making Le Cellier 2 credits for lunch too! Disney sure knows how to make their money! I had to Google image search lobster mac and cheese because I was so curious to see it. Yum, sounds delicious!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #235
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Just catching up! Mmmmm, that puffed french toast at Crystal Palace is the best. Also loved all the pics from the princess room at POR - we've never stayed in one of the new rooms, but with all those regal details I am dying to one day - so pretty!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #236
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Hello! Gosh, I'm late to the party. What with Christmas, our ten-day WDW trip, and the dreaded re-entry, I'm just now getting caught up on TRs!

I'm loving your photos...I really MUST do food and wine this year. Done deal! The POR royal rooms are awesome, and you have some great pictures!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #237
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

So you drank the cheese.... too funny.

Also, I've never really spent any time in Canada... but my husband's nickname since high school has been Moose... so we have TONS of moose stuff... I LOVE those pajama pants... I need to get me some of those! They are SUPER cute!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #238
Dugette
DIS Veteran

All caught up! I was so far behind I just went back and read from the beginning. Even the gates to New Fantasyland look cool...can't wait to see more! I love your Epcot lagoon pictures--wish I was there! So much yummy food and drink! I was not aware of the Godiva Chocolate Martini. Where can I find that? Just Le Cellier or elsewhere? I didn't realize that lunch at Le Cellier is going to two credits too. That's a bummer; I don't know when we'll go back there. Anyway, enjoying the TR so far and looking forward to hearing more about your great trip!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 01-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #239
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hahahahah you drank your cheese! Too funny.

Cool that you walked to AND from DHS! I agree, the Boardwalk is so amazing! I want to stay there SO badly.

Ahhh the Osborne Lights. So perfect. I miss Christmas too. BOOOOOO.

Uh-oh, I hope the lunch at Le Cellier doesn't change too much because I know how much you love it!
Sigh. Yeah I know, it's kind of pathetic, but it was SO good!

It was a nice walk, it would have been more bearable if we weren't so tired on the way back! I LOVE the Boardwalk, I need to stay there.

I miss the Osborne Lights. I miss Christmas. It's going to be weird being there in Feb. and not seeing the Lights.

I know, I'm worried about Le Cellier, I hope they don't get rid of my chocolate moose or cream cheese mashed potatoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OH MY HOLY HEAVEN IN A GLASS I want that martini LOL.Oh the Osborne lights *swoon*
It's a really, really good chocolate martini! I make them at Christmas all the time now, because of the ones I drink in Disney, they are just SO good! Aren't the Osborne Lights perfect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ugh, the end of the Christmas season is always depressing. Atleast you got to see the Disney decorations/Osborne Lights. It's been almost 4 years since I last saw them. Hopefully that'll change this December.

Love the pajamas!
I'm still depressed about the end of Christmas. I'm having a really hard time lately, just so miserable, I hate January. This is when I get antsy and really need to start planning my next Disney trip!

I hope you get to go this December! I'm hoping to go in December too, but I also want to go for Food and Wine, so I'm not sure what I'd rather do...I think if I had to pick, I'd skip Food and Wine for a year and just be totally immersed in Christmas cheer in Disney but...thinking about no Food and Wine for a year is SO depressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just love the Osborne lights !! So amazing !!

I have one of the chocolate martinis there before and I loved it !!

I am bummed lunch has gone to two credits. We always enjoy our meals there.
I love the lights too, I can't imagine not seeing them around Christmas!

Yum, I love those chocolate martinis! I can't believe lunch will be 2 credits now, it just seems kind of crazy, I don't think of Le Cellier as being "signature" dining, but whatever! We'll see what they do to the menu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Pretty pics Jen! You had a very active evening. Good for your guys for walking to HS and back. Denny and I walked that stretch once, but we took the boat back. My feet gave out.

The Osbourne lights are awesome.

So let me get this straight - if I volunteer at a golf tournament I can get into the parks free? How do I sign up for that?

Yes - DVC is the way to go. You really should talk to Brandon about that some more.

Nice martini and dinner sounds yummy!
Thanks! It was a very busy night, it was lots of fun though! Haha, well, we would have taken the boat, but Brandon gets so impatient waiting for Disney transportation that he'd rather just walk and complain about it the whole time! It wasn't that bad though!

Haha, I have no idea, I even looked it up to see how it's done, but I can't find any info! Maybe you have to live in Florida or something...I can't remember where these people said they were from, but they said they came twice a year to volunteer at the golf tournaments and that they had DVC!

I'm hoping to own DVC someday, just a small resale contract would be fine with me! Someday!

Dinner was very good, although it took forever! I definitely prefer lunch there now, although that's supposed to be changing in a few days!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #240
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Another great update. Those cheese photos look....YUMMY! I cheese! I've never noticed that at the Food and Wine Booths but now it will be on my radar for hopefully our trip this fall! I usually get the Cheese Soup from Canada (of course) but this will be a nice addition.

Yes that walk is super crazy! We did it for the first time in March...just from our resort (Boardwalk) to Hollywood Studios and I couldn't believe how long it was after we finished! Of course, sometimes even the walk from EPCOT back to the Boardwalk seems super long, especially after a long day at the park, but I still love staying at either one of those resorts (Boardwalk or Beach Club). I have waitlisted it for our upcoming trip in just over TWO WEEKS but I really don't see it coming through for us. I'm still hopeful though.

What a great long day for you! Looking forward to the next installment!
Thanks! Haha, yeah, the Cheese booth is one of my favorite booths! A lot of people don't like that fondue, but I love it! Clearly, since I drank it...

Yeah, when you're tired, walking back to the Epcot resorts seem like they are SO far away! Did you get the Boardwalk for your trip? Hope you get it!!! I'm really hoping to stay there on my next trip...there or the Yacht Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Can you believe I've never had cheese fondue?? I keep meaning to try it some day because I love cheese and I love bread and I love dipping. I love that you drank your cheese, I don't blame you one bit! It sounds yummy!
I've never done the Epcot to DHS walk before, that's a lot of walking though, there and back! I love DHS at Christmas time too, those Osbourne lights are so beyond fantastic.
YUM dinner at Le Cellier!!
Why is everyone posting so much about food today!? I'm stuck at work and I'm getting hungry!
You've never had any cheese fondue??? Crazy! It's so good! We used to have a fondue restaurant a couple of towns over and my friends and i would go there all the time, but it closed! It was SO good!

It is a pretty long walk from Epcot to DHS, I'm glad we did it though, it was nice! DHS is so perfect at Christmas, I love it!

Haha, I made the mistake of looking at dining reviews at work today and I started craving Disney food sooo bad that I had to do something else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
You like cheese a lot Huh? Me too...

Well now that you've made that walk over to the studios... I have lived vicariously through you and will cross that off my list...

Your Osbourne Light Pictures are really beautiful...

I wouldn't have guessed that you'd order the Cheddar soup at Le Cellier ... Your meal looked great... I do think its a shame about making lunch 2 TS credits...
Haha, yeah, I suppose I do! It was just SO good!

The walk to DHS isn't that bad! I would never do it in the summer or when it's hot, luckily it was a cool night or it would have been miserable!

Thanks! I have many more, from the other nights we went there that are much better, I can't wait to share them! I gotta get moving on this TR!

Haha, I'm addicted to that cheddar cheese soup! I want to try to make it at home someday! I'm so sad Le Cellier lunch will be 2 credits now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love cheese, so I can see why you got excited about that booth! Sounds like you got quite the workout walking back and forth between parks! The Osbourne lights are so amazing, and your pictures look great! It's too bad that Le Cellier is going to be 2 credits for lunch and dinner. I liked it when we ate there, but I'm not sure I'd want to use 2 credits for it.
It's such a great booth! That fondue is amazing!! I wish they gave you some other things to dip and not just a breadstick, and maybe more cheese would be nice!

Haha, yeah, it was a pretty long walk, but it was nice!

Thanks, I love the Osborne Lights, we went back a few more times to see them, they are just so beautiful!

Yeah, I can't see using 2 credits on lunch at Le Cellier, if we go, we'll probably just pay for it from now on. I just hope the menu doesn't change too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
UGH!!!!!

Your day makes me sad! I miss DISNEY!!!!!

It sounds like a perfect day!!! especially ending it with le cellier! haha
Haha, it makes me sad too! I miss Disney!!!

It was a really great day, we did so much, and of course, ending at Le Cellier is always nice!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: