Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #136
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Jen. I'm the opposite of you...I walk away from the perfume area of every single shop...the smell makes me literally sick. You got some great shots in Mexico, and the photo of Spaceship Earth is one of the best I've ever seen.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #137
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen! Woohoo on starting another TR! I've caught up thanks to your chapter links :-)

I love how you started with an EoS and at my favourite park, Epcot! I want to include a thumbs up but haven't got the hang of emoticons on the phone app! Ha ha!

I'm loving all the pics of Art of Animation resort on here. It looks beautiful and your room is absolutely adorable. Looking forward to reading more. Tanz :-) x
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #138
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Ok, I've finally wandered back over to catch up on your TR. I thought I commented earlier but I don't think it was successful. My SIL and nephew were at AoA right after you left so we have a LOT of the same photos from her. The place looks wonderful and maybe one day I'll take the kids there. It was a consideration for our trip next month...but then we decided free (using our DVC membership points) would be much better!

We hardly spent any time in EPCOT on our last trip so that's our focus for this return trip next month. I love all of your EPCOT photos and you are totally making me wonder if I shouldn't go ahead and book a trip for Food and Wine next year!

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #139
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Sorry it's taken me so long to do another update, I'm hoping I can do one later tonight, but if not, definitely tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am betting we passed right by each other. We stayed for Illuminations and were walking to it from spaceship earth!
Haha, probably! I'm sure I passed you a bunch of times and didn't even realize it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Jen. I'm the opposite of you...I walk away from the perfume area of every single shop...the smell makes me literally sick. You got some great shots in Mexico, and the photo of Spaceship Earth is one of the best I've ever seen.
Thanks! I usually do the same thing, I normally hate perfume, but I love the Laila! Thanks, Spaceship Earth is so pretty at night, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hey Jen! Woohoo on starting another TR! I've caught up thanks to your chapter links :-)

I love how you started with an EoS and at my favourite park, Epcot! I want to include a thumbs up but haven't got the hang of emoticons on the phone app! Ha ha!

I'm loving all the pics of Art of Animation resort on here. It looks beautiful and your room is absolutely adorable. Looking forward to reading more. Tanz :-) x
Yay! Glad to see you back on the DIS!

I feel like I always have to start a Disney trip with an EoS sandwich, I love that place! And I always have to start at Epcot, I love it!

Thanks, AoA is so cute, I'd love to stay there again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Ok, I've finally wandered back over to catch up on your TR. I thought I commented earlier but I don't think it was successful. My SIL and nephew were at AoA right after you left so we have a LOT of the same photos from her. The place looks wonderful and maybe one day I'll take the kids there. It was a consideration for our trip next month...but then we decided free (using our DVC membership points) would be much better!

We hardly spent any time in EPCOT on our last trip so that's our focus for this return trip next month. I love all of your EPCOT photos and you are totally making me wonder if I shouldn't go ahead and book a trip for Food and Wine next year!
Haha, AoA is adorable, but you're right, you can't beat DVC points! You should check it out someday, even if it's just to visit, because it really is adorable!

YES you should go to Food and Wine! It is so much fun! I'm wondering if there is any way I can do a quick F&W weekend trip AND a December trip...that might be pushing it with Brandon since we weren't supposed to be doing Disney at all next year, but I'm not sure I'll make it!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #140
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

A Magical Kind of Morning

Friday, November 9

So I had some pretty ambitious plans for Friday morning, which meant waking up EARLY. I hardly ever sleep in in Disney, I mean, if I sleep til 8 while I'm there I feel like it's late...but even this day was a little early for me. I had the alarm set for...5:45 am.

Let's just say, Brandon was not thrilled about that. I tried to let him sleep a little longer while I packed up our Little Mermaid room at AoA, but I eventually had to wake him. We were only staying here for one night, and sadly, we had to check out. He grudgingly woke up, packed his stuff, and we were out the door.

I wasn't sure if I had to physically check out of AoA or not, but since I had my credit card on file, I wanted to just to be safe. I figured, hey, it's like 6:30 in the morning, how long could it take right? I let Brandon stay in the car while I ran into the lobby to check out.

It ended up taking SO long! The poor CM (who was the same CM who checked us in, which was weird) kept apologizing to me, he said the computers were really slow that morning...it was fine, I wasn't mad, but I was starting to get a bit impatient in my head...we still had to check INTO POR and then get to MK for rope drop!

Finally we were finished, and we flew over to POR. I'd say we got there around 7 am. Isn't it crazy how it takes SO long to do anything in Disney? We go into the lobby...and there is a HUGE line for check in! At 7:00 in the morning! I think we got there just as an ME bus let people off, because the line was insane. We contemplated leaving and just going to MK and checking in later, but we figured it would be just as bad later, and plus, we wanted our dining credits, so we just waited...and waited and waited and waited!

We finally checked in, and our room was ready! However, that didn't really matter, because we just wanted to get our dining credits and attach our park hoppers to our KTTW card (which the CM always tells us they can't do, but when we get to the parks, they are magically on the card somehow!) and get to MK!

We floored it over to the Magic Kingdom...driving over, I was still a tiny bit hopeful we'd make it for rope drop to see the opening show, but once we got to the parking lot, I knew it was a lost cause. We parked in the Woody lot, and there were already 8 million people waiting for a tram, which took forever to pick us up. As we boarded, we heard the opening show song on the tram. Oh well, at least I've seen it a few times, right?

It was an absolutely beautiful morning, nice and sunny, and cool. People were complaining that it was too cold, but I thought it was perfect weather! The tram dropped us off and we ran up the monorail ramp. Brandon wanted to take the ferry, because he's one of those "the ferry takes less time" people, but I told him there was no way I was getting on that ferry before taking the monorail. I'm sorry, but no.

Soon, our lovely monorail was at the platform, and we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom entrance!

Since all of the rope drop crowds were already in the park, there were not too many people going in, so it took no time at all to get through bag check and then into the park!

We slowly walked in, because for some reason, I always have to look around like I've never been there, and we saw Marie meeting people in the middle of Town Square! Her line wasn't too long, and I always have to meet Marie on every trip, so we got in line!

Marie was sweet and adorable, as always, and it was a wonderful meet and greet! (Oh, and just so you guys know, we did get photopass pictures taken, but I didn't buy the CD this time, so all of our pictures are from my camera! And you will see a LOT of pictures of me in that blue hoodie, since it was so cool throughout the trip, which is annoying, because I had so many cute Disney shirts! )

We said goodbye to Marie, and made our way down Main Street. We had a breakfast ADR at 10:30 at Crystal Palace, but we were kind of hungry from not eating all morning, so we stopped at the Main Street Bakery to get a snack. The line wasn't out the door like it normally is in the morning, so it didn't take long at all. I had a cheese danish, which was good, but it wasn't as good as they usually are, like the ones at Sunshine Seasons, it seemed like it was too cold or something. But still, even a not so good Disney danish is still pretty good! (If that makes sense!)

When we were finished at Main Street Bakery, I had one place in mind I had to check before we did anything else. I HAD to see if New Fantasyland was open. I knew my chances were slim to none, since they were doing the AP previews the whole week I was there, but I had to check anyway!

We walked right through the middle of the hub, and had to stop to look at the adorable statues for a minute:

and of course, I had to take a million pictures of the castle!

I Instagrammed this one, I thought it was so pretty:

We walked through the castle and I quickly made my way over to the gates of New Fantasyland...

but it was closed! Oh well! I knew it would be, but I had to see for myself!

We went over to check the wait for Peter Pan, which was already outrageous, but the Fast Pass return times we less than an hour away, so we grabbed some of those.

We walked over to the Haunted Mansion, which had no wait, so why not, I'm never going to pass up the Haunted Mansion!

It was awesome, as always! I tried to take pictures inside, but my camera didn't really like the darkness, so I just sat back and enjoyed the ride! And I'm pretty sure we even made it through without getting stuck, it seems like we always get stuck on that ride, even if it's only for a few seconds!

We didn't really know what we wanted to do next, so we just walked through Frontierland and ended up at Big Thunder Mountain!

I don't remember what the wait time was posted at, but all we did was walk through the line and get right on, which is probably the first time that has ever happened in my life! We even got the front row, which was awesome! I know people like the back, but I thought the front was fun!

Castle!

BTMRR was so much fun, I was a bit nervous about riding it, since the last time it made me feel a little nauseous, but this time I was fine! I think I felt that way in May because it was so hot, and this time, it was nice and cool out, so I had no problems with anything!

I wanted to go on Splash, but there was no way I wanted to walk around soaked all day when it wasn't that warm out yet, so we decided to save that for later. We just wandered back through Frontierland, enjoying the sun and non-existant crowds:

(This is the first time I've ever gone to MK on a party day and I HIGHLY recommend it!)

Up next...more MK and Crystal Palace!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #141
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Monorail ALWAYS feats ferry. It's a fact.

Ahhhhh, Marie is the cutest! I love that she's in Town Square now. I feel like it'll be easier to meet her there for some reason.

I don't know if it's because you said it was kinda cold, or what, but your little pastry even looks slightly cold. How does that work?

OMG!!! THAT is what the entrance to New Fantasyland looks like? AHHHHH it's so magical! (Yeah, I really don't know how I've missed that for so long. I guess I've reallllly been avoiding these FLE pics! Hahahaha wow.)

Oh my goodness, yes, MK on a party day is the way to go! It's insane how slow it is up until party time! Love it. Can't wait for more!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #142
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm a little late but I'm subbing now. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #143
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I prefer Disney when it is cooler as well. I think it just makes it more fun. I have had plenty of fun when it is hot, but to me, cooler is better. We go again in January so I am wondering what the weather will be like then. We live in South Carolina and it was 70 here today. I really would like some cooler weather.

We have always had good luck with crowds at MK on a party day.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #144
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

The people who were saying it was too cold were probably all southerners.

YAY for the MK in the morning! Main Street is so awesome with all the decorations.

AHHHH Thunder Mountain!! I think that is one of the rides I am most excited for in April since it was closed last April for the refurbishment. So I haven't gotten to ride it in a year and a half!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #145
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm afraid I'm with Brandon yet again...ferry over the monorail any day (but we are the ones who always get stuck for 15 minutes or more each time we ride the monorail...now I avoid it at all costs).

Sorry for the trouble checking out of AOA and checking in to POR...can't believe the long line first thing in the a.m. at POR.

Sorry you didn't get to see the New Fantasyland.

Love your pictures of the castle.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #146
Sam33
DIS Veteran

I think we were on Haunted Mansion pretty close to the same time! Lol
And I'm sorry, but I was so excited you didn't get into Fantasy Land, because I didn't even try and if I would have come here and seen they were letting people in that morning I would have cried! The anticipation was killing me!

It was chilly that morning but in a perfect way. I loved the weather. Shivered at the bust stop (shorts and a tee for me that day) but once at the parks it was fine. We even did Splash first thing!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #147
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Awww that's too bad that the check-out/check-in processes took longer than anticipated, but you guys still made it over to the MK pretty early!!

Hahahaha ugh I hate when it gets unexpectedly cold in Disney and all of my fun Disney shirts have to be covered up too!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #148
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Yippee for another update! Our trips were SO close together so it's interesting to read how yours went, especially in terms of the weather. Sorry it was too chilly and we didn't get a chance to see the cute shirts. I think I had some kind of sweatshirt on during a lot of our photos too...and that was 1-2 weeks later!

I can't believe you got up THAT early and still didn't make rope drop at MK. It seemed like it would be more than possible. I can't wait to hear about your rooms at POR. I booked those EXACT rooms (the Royal whatever they are rooms) for our upcoming trip...and then cancelled them. I read a review of them yesterday and they did sound SO cool. Still...DVC free room still trumps paid for room anyday!

It's funny you mentioned NOT getting stuck on Haunted Mansion. I'd never thought about it but I think we always do as well. We got stuck on it so long this last trip that I WAS able to take some photos...in the dark without my flash!

Glad you didn't get sick on BTMRR. It's one of my faves and while I tolerate it just fine sometimes RnRC makes me a bit queasy!

Can't wait to read more!

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
Old 12-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #149
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow at the amount of time it took to get checked out of AoA and then into POR!

I'm glad you made it to MK in the end and had a fun morning! Yay on meeting Marie, she is adorable!

Also great shots of the castle
Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #150
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

All caught up! I felt like I wore the same sweater too much on my trip because of the cool weather too lol It's too bad that it took you so long to check-out and check-in and get over to MK. Who would have thought that their would have been such a long line at 7am?!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: