Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
budafam
DIS Veteran

Just Back.. my thoughts..

We were there from 12/3-12/10.
Stayed at Kidani Villas (1st time going deluxe).
We had deluxe dining.
It was my dad's first time (76 years old) and he had just retired. Also brought along my 2 kids (ages 7 & 5) and my 54 year old sister.

LOVED Kidani. The bus service was fantastic. Never seemed to wait too long (thank goodness for those monitors that list the bus arrival times.. no more guessing). We liked getting picked up first thing in the morning (before Jambo) and getting dropped off first in the evening. Wish we would've had more time to enjoy the resort.

We did a LOT of dining. Never had a bad meal or terrible service. Fulton's was the only restaurant that seemed to drag on the meal (but I figured that because of the reviews)... it was still worth our time to eat there. Great food. We showed up at quite a few ADR's earlier than our scheduled time and most would be accommodating. The ones in the parks were usually pretty strict on their times and wouldn't check us in until 15 minutes prior.

We didn't really have anything extra special happen to us... no pixie dust for the first time ever. My dad's 1st trip and retirement were never mentioned anywhere (even though I noted it on all reservations and made him wear pins).

This was my 2nd time with Photopass+. There weren't many photographers out. Now that we returned home, we are missing quite a few photos. At least 2 different locations that I figured out so far along with Expedition Everest & Dinosaur ride photos. I'm not happy about that at all but hopefully they will be found.

I had 2 tickets connected to my magic band (a 2 day and a 6 day). Apparently they used my 2 day and then 4 days from my 6 day so now 2 days will go to waste. I have an email in with them as well hoping that gets resolved.

Osborne Lights were AMAZING. So much better in person than on Youtube. Well worth the trip alone.

Crowds were definitely heavier but the great weather made up for it.

FP+ worked fairly well. When I tried to change my selections, nothing else was ever available. Splash was down on our first MK day so we were given a FP+ automatically for any other attraction.

Magic Bands were fast & flawless (other than using the wrong ticket).

Disapalooza was the highlight of our trip. DS and I attended and had a great time! Ken & Barbie were hilarious, the food was fantastic and we rode TSM so many times within 2 hours.. I was dizzy! Very, very cool event.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was a disappointment this time around. Last time we did the princess package with the bun hairstyle... turned out great. This time we did Sofia and it didn't even look like they did anything. It costed $69+! I was not satisfied at all.

Pirates League was fantastic again. Worth every penny.. would've gladly paid the $69+ for that instead.

Weather was perfect! Not a drop of rain and 80ish everyday. We returned home to 0 degrees. It was awful.

MVMCP was great. We had Ohana dinner beforehand so we arrived at the park around 6:30 just in time to see the lights on the castle turned on. We sat in front of the castle around 8pm (it was quite crowded already) and we didn't move until after the 9:30 fireworks were over with. Well worth our sore butts to get a view of the parade, castle show & fireworks. Then we headed over to Enchanted Tales with Belle which had 0 wait time. The Dwarfs had a 5 minute line so we did that next... cookies & apple juice were great. We lasted till 11:30 and just couldn't do it anymore.

I will be starting a dining report & trip report after the holidays.
Can't wait to be back in 317 days!!!
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: