Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
chinhk
Mouseketeer

1st or 2nd seating and show times on Disney Dream

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to take my very first disney cruise in 2013. At present, we are considering the 3 nights bahamas cruise on Disney Dream.
However, I have a few unanswered questions and hopefully I can get some feedback/advice/answers from all the experienced cruisers on here.

What time are the 1st and 2nd seating for dinner? and does anyone knows what time are the shows? I've been told that the same show will run three times each evening so that everyone onboard has a chance to see it. Am I right to think that there's a different show every night on the 3 nights bahamas cruise?

We are travelling in a group of four adults (with no children) so we can be pretty flexible. I personally prefer to have dinner first and then watch the show. However, I'm worried that the 1st seating may be too early and it may be a rush in service as they will have to prepare for the second seating. I'm also worried that the early seating may limit our time for excursions at nassau/castaway.

Would it really be better to go for the show first and then dinner? As for the shows, how early should we arrive in order to get some good seats?

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

Dinner seatings are 5:45 and 8:15, show times are 6:15 and 8:30. Doors open about 30 minutes prior to show time.

If you have first seating, you would see the 8:30 show. Second seating would go to the 6:15 show.

Last edited by erionm; 11-20-2012 at 03:16 PM.
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

We have always preferred late seating, but with the kids we are taking in early dining.

If you haven't booked your cruise yet, you may not have a choice. Early dinner seating fills up quick with those with young children.
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post
Am I right to think that there's a different show every night on the 3 nights bahamas cruise?
Correct. The three shows are:
The Golden Mickeys
Villains Tonight!
Disney's Believe
Old 11-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

We always do the late dinner. This way we do not have to rush back from an excursion, or if we are enjoying the pool. You do not have to get dressed up for the shows but we do like getting dressed up for dinner. This way we have time between the show and dinner.

We are all adults also. As we have never done early dinner I am not sure but I would think there would be more kids at the first dinner also.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for all your info and advice.

I will certainly try to secure the second seating for dinner when I make the booking. The first seating is definitely way too early for us. I suppose we can watch the first show, have a drink after the show and then dinner.

Does anyone knows if Remy or Palo offers any breakfast/brunch/lunch on the 3 nights cruise?
Since this will be our first cruise, we would like to try all three main dining restaurants for dinner. So that only leaves us the option of trying either Remy or Palo during the day (if either of them are open). I have heard so many good reviews on these two restaurants and it will be a shame to miss them. Although we hate the whole idea of formal dressing, etc but if its for the good food and excellent ambiance, we will do it just for once.

Previous trips
Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

No, Remy and Palo only serve brunch/lunch on sea days so they will only serve dinner on a 3-day sailing.

Have you given any thought to a 4-day instead? The 3-day is just so short (really only 2 full days on board) and you don't get much time to enjoy the ship. With a 4-day you will have a sea day so you can experience the ship's activities plus have brunch at Palo. Just food for thought.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Have you given any thought to a 4-day instead? The 3-day is just so short (really only 2 full days on board) and you don't get much time to enjoy the ship. With a 4-day you will have a sea day so you can experience the ship's activities plus have brunch at Palo. Just food for thought.
Yes, I did consider to do the 4-nights but the timing doesn't really fit into our holiday schedule. So, we decided to do 3-nights followed by a 7 day at WDW.
I'm sure we will enjoy the main dining rooms experience and also all the other facilities on board. We are not a massive fan of water sports or sun bathing so we should have enough time to explore the ship a bit when we are at castaway cay.

Will have to give Palo or Remy a miss this time but at least I have a good reason to do a second cruise in the future

Previous trips
Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
We always do the late dinner. This way we do not have to rush back from an excursion, or if we are enjoying the pool. You do not have to get dressed up for the shows but we do like getting dressed up for dinner. This way we have time between the show and dinner.

We are all adults also. As we have never done early dinner I am not sure but I would think there would be more kids at the first dinner also.

Linda
We got caught the first night, violated the number one rule of cruising, didn't study our Navigator. We had late seating, and as "veteran" cruisers never imagined the show would be BEFORE dinner, so missed it. After being on a Disney cruise, I see why they do this, but we liked how on the Magic with the the Golden Mickeys they had an encore 3rd performance at 10:30 pm, and with one other show, on a sea day, they had 3 performances, with a 2 pm matinee showing as well as the regular evening showings.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: