Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #16
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxstch

and you would be correct...that was the LAST time I ate in a Subway! and yes, I was tempted to reach behind the glass and grab the mayo or chipotle and squish it all over the cashier, but I didn't!
You beat me to it lol
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
Real.

How about this one.

I ordered a Homestyle Chicken Fillet at Wendy's. I received my order, took a few bites, and bit into something hard. I reached into my mouth and pulled out a bone.

I went to the counter and complained. The girl at the counter said "it's a fillet sandwich. It didn't say it was boneless."
Real. And WOW!
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #18
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxstch View Post
Real or fake..I ordered a tuna sub at Subway (didn't they start this whole thread?, lol!) I took a few bites, on the third bite, I bit into something hard, I pulled a piece of glass out of my mouth that was about the size of 3 grains of rice stuck together. I went to the counter, and showed it to them. The girl accused me of putting it there in order to get a different sandwich!
Real? But I'm just guessing.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Old 11-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #19
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
May I play?

I was at a dead stop in my car in a long line to the red light ahead. It was a single lane. The lady in the car in front of the car in front of me backed up and hit the lady in front of me. Those of us behind the accident tried to move around the first lady who caused the accident, but she was an old, old lady and decided to use her car as a battering ram and hit my car, too, as she drove forward, went into reverse, and did this two times.
Mine was real. We called the police and even after the old, old lady driver was questioned by the coppers, they let her go. Myself and two other drivers stayed to complain to the coppers that she REALLY needed her license taken away but he said he had no grounds to keep her detained as it was deemed an accident. This was in Santa Monica, CA.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #20
Becky2005
I actually thought they made Leg Warmers to keep your legs WARM

Real or Fake -- I pulled out a can from a case of Pepsi and it was empty although it was sealed.

Becky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #21
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2005 View Post
Real or Fake -- I pulled out a can from a case of Pepsi and it was empty although it was sealed.

Real. I've had that happen to me before!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Quote:
Real..but for me it was coke! and there were 3 empty cans in a 12 pack. I called them and they sent me a coupon for 2 free 12 packs, they couldn't explain how 3 of them got packed up empty, lol!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #23
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom
Working in labor and delivery, I examined a mom to be when her water broke. I ended up screaming as the baby reached down and grabbed my finger. You decide, did this happen?
Believe it or not, real!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #24
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

I play this game every time I log onto the Dis. I mean, there can't really be THAT many genius' and Jr. genius' on here right?

Anyway, here's my submission-

We met my brother at his work (McDonalds) for lunch once. When we were finished eating he sat up and my SIL says "Umm Kenny there's something on your pants...it kinda' looks like you sat in a..." she bent down to get a better look, but quickly stood back up and covered her mouth, her eyes wide in horror "Oh my God! Kenny! It's poo! You sat in poo! Kenny! You totally sat in poo!!!"
"What?" thinking she's joking he twists around and pulls on his pant leg to get a look, "It's probably just chocolate Hillary, why would there be...Oh my God!" he immediately lets go of his pant leg as a look of dread washes over his face, "Oh I smell it! Yup! I smell it. Holy crap! (substitute less dis friendly words here) Oh poop! I sat in poop! Oh my God! Somebody crapped their pants and I sat in it! I freakin' sat in it!"
My little brother is standing there frozen in horror, cursing the mystery pooper, and we are all doubled over laughing so hard we can't even breath. At this point everyone in the restaurant has turned their attention on us and those who have caught on to whats happening are either wrinkling their noses in disgust or laughing along.
Kenny snaps out of it, looks around the room, looks back down at the offending seat, and then strips those poo pants off with lightening speed, and RUNS out of the restaurant like that steaming pile of doo doo might chase him all the way to the car. We watched from the behind the glass wall as he sprinted across the parking lot dodging a car in the drive through line, and a woman and her young daughter.
It was winter, and he was only in his tidy whities from the waist down, so like any self respecting older brother would, my brother Ryan uses the key fob to lock the car doors. And then unlock them. And then lock them again. For like 5 minutes.
Kenny wears boxers now...and nobody in my family eats at a restaurant without first inspecting the seat.
monkeybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #25
Becky2005
I actually thought they made Leg Warmers to keep your legs WARM

Quote:
Yes, it was Real....it was the weirdest thing ever!! I kept looking at it thinking "huh???" it wasn't sticky, there were no holes..just a can of air. I did call the company on it since I figured they might want to know that production run probably had a problem. I did get coupons but I had never had it happen before or since. I thought it was the typical flukey thing that happens to me.

Becky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #26
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybug
I play this game every time I log onto the Dis. I mean, there can't really be THAT many genius' and Jr. genius' on here right?

We met my brother at his work (McDonalds) for lunch once. When we were finished eating he sat up and my SIL says "Umm Kenny there's something on your pants...it kinda' looks like you sat in a..." she bent down to get a better look, but quickly stood back up and covered her mouth, her eyes wide in horror "Oh my God! Kenny! It's poo! You sat in poo! Kenny! You totally sat in poo!!!"
"What?" thinking she's joking he twists around and pulls on his pant leg to get a look, "It's probably just chocolate Hillary, why would there be...Oh my God!" he immediately lets go of his pant leg as a look of dread washes over his face, "Oh I smell it! Yup! I smell it. Holy crap! (substitute less dis friendly words here) Oh poop! I sat in poop! Oh my God! Somebody crapped their pants and I sat in it! I freakin' sat in it!"
My little brother is standing there frozen in horror, cursing the mystery pooper, and we are all doubled over laughing so hard we can't even breath. At this point everyone in the restaurant has turned their attention on us and those who have caught on to whats happening are either wrinkling their noses in disgust or laughing along.
Kenny snaps out of it, looks around the room, looks back down at the offending seat, and then strips those poo pants off with lightening speed, and RUNS out of the restaurant like that steaming pile of doo doo might chase him all the way to the car. We watched from the behind the glass wall as he sprinted across the parking lot dodging a car in the drive through line, and a woman and her young daughter.
It was winter, and he was only in his tidy whities from the waist down, so like any self respecting older brother would, my brother Ryan uses the key fob to lock the car doors. And then unlock them. And then lock them again. For like 5 minutes.
Kenny wears boxers now...and nobody in my family eats at a restaurant without first inspecting the seat.
If this is fake you should write for a living.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #27
smkiya
Sorta new. ;) Still gets a tag
THREADJACKER ALERT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybug

OMG!!!! Hilarious! If this is real, I wish I was there!!!!
smkiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxstch

Real..but for me it was coke! and there were 3 empty cans in a 12 pack. I called them and they sent me a coupon for 2 free 12 packs, they couldn't explain how 3 of them got packed up empty, lol!
I had the same thing happen with a 12 pack of Diet Coke.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #29
tigercat
Cook, clean and foot massage. Boy that sounds like heaven!
I dislocated my jaw when I ate a piece of lettuce

I'll play. I order a hamburger from Wendy's. I take a couple of bites and then bite down on something funny. I look and it is a raw hamburger piece of paper with other stuff on it. I take it to the counter and they just grab it and said it never happened.
tigercat
tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybug View Post

OMG poor Kenny! I bet Ryan got punched when he was finally allowed in the car! People are sooooooooo nasty! That is just gross.

Gotta be true, right?
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: