Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald
 
alizesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,245

You asked for it! Real or Fake?

Working in labor and delivery, I examined a mom to be when her water broke. I ended up screaming as the baby reached down and grabbed my finger. You decide, did this happen?
__________________
Mom to Gilbete', Jeanette, Andrea, Ben, Alize and Brady (with God), Ciara and Brian. Grandmother to seven.
alizesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread
 
Mermaid02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 20,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
Working in labor and delivery, I examined a mom to be when her water broke. I ended up screaming as the baby reached down and grabbed my finger. You decide, did this happen?
Fake.... BTW my son has a game like this... it's called "Fact or Crap"
__________________


~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven
 
lynxstch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 4,223

another poster who guesses FAKE
__________________
lynxstch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,876

I'd guess fake but who knows... We could be surprised!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Mandychelle79
DIS Veteran
 
Mandychelle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Western PA
Posts: 1,542

At first I thought real, but then I remembered that the head should be the first thing out so Im going with fake, but would not be surprised if it was real.
__________________
Mandy, 33 DH Scott,42 DD Bradyn,9 ds Alexander, 7
12/2002;12/2007;12/2009;8/2012
Mandychelle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Southern California and Flexico
Posts: 11,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
Working in labor and delivery, I examined a mom to be when her water broke. I ended up screaming as the baby reached down and grabbed my finger. You decide, did this happen?
Fake!


May I play?

I was at a dead stop in my car in a long line to the red light ahead. It was a single lane. The lady in the car in front of the car in front of me backed up and hit the lady in front of me. Those of us behind the accident tried to move around the first lady who caused the accident, but she was an old, old lady and decided to use her car as a battering ram and hit my car, too, as she drove forward, went into reverse, and did this two times.
__________________
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda
 
FlightlessDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 11,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
I was at a dead stop in my car in a long line to the red light ahead. It was a single lane. The lady in the car in front of the car in front of me backed up and hit the lady in front of me. Those of us behind the accident tried to move around the first lady who caused the accident, but she was an old, old lady and decided to use her car as a battering ram and hit my car, too, as she drove forward, went into reverse, and did this two times.
Real.

How about this one.

I ordered a Homestyle Chicken Fillet at Wendy's. I received my order, took a few bites, and bit into something hard. I reached into my mouth and pulled out a bone.

I went to the counter and complained. The girl at the counter said "it's a fillet sandwich. It didn't say it was boneless."
__________________
FlightlessDuck
DH of MouseEarsJenny

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
timmac
DIS Veteran
 
timmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
I was at a dead stop in my car in a long line to the red light ahead. It was a single lane. The lady in the car in front of the car in front of me backed up and hit the lady in front of me. Those of us behind the accident tried to move around the first lady who caused the accident, but she was an old, old lady and decided to use her car as a battering ram and hit my car, too, as she drove forward, went into reverse, and did this two times.
I've voting truth is stranger than fiction: REAL
timmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda
 
FlightlessDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 11,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
Working in labor and delivery, I examined a mom to be when her water broke. I ended up screaming as the baby reached down and grabbed my finger. You decide, did this happen?
Real. Or at least it CAN happen. Google it
__________________
FlightlessDuck
DH of MouseEarsJenny

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!
 
JessicaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 15,823

I'm gonna say real to all 3 stories.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe
 
phorsenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.
Posts: 18,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
Working in labor and delivery, I examined a mom to be when her water broke. I ended up screaming as the baby reached down and grabbed my finger. You decide, did this happen?
Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
Fake!


May I play?

I was at a dead stop in my car in a long line to the red light ahead. It was a single lane. The lady in the car in front of the car in front of me backed up and hit the lady in front of me. Those of us behind the accident tried to move around the first lady who caused the accident, but she was an old, old lady and decided to use her car as a battering ram and hit my car, too, as she drove forward, went into reverse, and did this two times.
Real. Must have been in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
Real.

How about this one.

I ordered a Homestyle Chicken Fillet at Wendy's. I received my order, took a few bites, and bit into something hard. I reached into my mouth and pulled out a bone.

I went to the counter and complained. The girl at the counter said "it's a fillet sandwich. It didn't say it was boneless."
Real.
__________________
Etsy:BlueBayouDesigns
phorsenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven
 
lynxstch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 4,223

Real or fake..I ordered a tuna sub at Subway (didn't they start this whole thread?, lol!) I took a few bites, on the third bite, I bit into something hard, I pulled a piece of glass out of my mouth that was about the size of 3 grains of rice stuck together. I went to the counter, and showed it to them. The girl accused me of putting it there in order to get a different sandwich!
__________________
lynxstch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!
 
Minerva Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxstch
Real or fake..I ordered a tuna sub at Subway (didn't they start this whole thread?, lol!) I took a few bites, on the third bite, I bit into something hard, I pulled a piece of glass out of my mouth that was about the size of 3 grains of rice stuck together. I went to the counter, and showed it to them. The girl accused me of putting it there in order to get a different sandwich!
I'm always afraid to complain for that VERY reason!

I say real!
__________________
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven
 
lynxstch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 4,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva Mouse View Post
I'm always afraid to complain for that VERY reason!

I say real!
and you would be correct...that was the LAST time I ate in a Subway! and yes, I was tempted to reach behind the glass and grab the mayo or chipotle and squish it all over the cashier, but I didn't!
__________________
lynxstch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda
 
FlightlessDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 11,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Real.
Yep.
__________________
FlightlessDuck
DH of MouseEarsJenny

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.