Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
dizprincess717
LOVE: It will not betray you, dismay or enslave you - it will set you free.

I think the bottom line here is to do what you're most comfortable with. I am of the mindset that I would rather make my reservations thru a travel agent as it keeps local businesses in business. Disney still gets the majority of the money anyway, as agents only make a small % of your total vacation package.

The key is to be sure you're 100% comfortable with a travel agent. Ask if they've been to Disney and when their most recent trip was. Ask what hotels they've stayed at (onsite AND offsite) and if they've ever used a Dining Plan, done MVMCP, etc., just to be sure they're not just saying "Oh, sure, I've been there before." Does the agent get excited when talking about Disney? Does the agent start giving you little tips and tricks right away? All signs of a really good agent who knows their stuff when it comes to Disney.

A good travel agent will keep an eye out for all of the sales Disney releases and will re-book you under that promotion so you're never stuck paying the higher rate.

Contrary to what other posters have said, the reservation DOES "belong" to you. The travel agent will give you either a 12 digit or 8 digit/letter WDW confirmation # so you can log onto Disney.com, enter in your confirmation # and pull up all of your information. So you can make dining reservations, etc. Even if you wanted to make changes to your overall reservation (change hotels, change room categories, etc.) you have to call Disney direct. All you have to do is call your travel agent and s/he will do all of the calling for you.

I honestly see no downside in booking with a GOOD, knowledgeable travel agent.

Just Believe

November 1991 -- Fort Wilderness April 1993 -- Caribbean Beach June 1996 -- Wilderness Lodge
Christmas 1998 -- Wilderness Lodge June 2004 -- Fort Wilderness March 2005 -- Caribbean Beach
January-May 2006 -- CP Splash Mnt. Hostess March 2008 -- Off-Site December 2008 - Off-Site
June 2009 -- All-Star Sports November 2012 -- Old Key West November 2014 -- Old Key West

But if I know you, I know what you'll do...

dizprincess717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #17
Kristie911
Mouseketeer

I booked through a Disney specialized TA because it was basically a first trip for us (I haven't been in 15 years). I liked it because she was able to give us some insights into resorts and travel. She has been amazing...and super patient while I pay off with gift cards! I can just e-mail her the information and don't have to call to apply them. I would probably use her again just because she's been so helpful.
DD Lexi 3

Planning our first family Disney vacation!!

Kristie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: