Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 02:55 AM   #1
gottagetback
Wish I was there right now...

King bed at Beach Club

Hello:
I have requested a king bed and close proximity to Epcot on our upcoming BC reservation. We have a Garden View. I am not particularly concerned about the view but just wanna get get to F&W festival asap!
Has anyone else made a similar request, particularly the kingsized bed? I am reading that there are not that many at BC?
Thanks!
Old 07-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Donald - my hero
Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
Rescues lime green Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot

Don't know the specific answer for BC BUT i CAN answer for AKL -- i booked there for our 25th anniversary trip and requested a King bed because that just says "vacation" to me. Checked in to a room with 2 queens so we went down to the desk to inquire about the King bed and were informed that it wasn't possible since (get this shock) they have less than TWENTY rooms with king beds and since most are handicapped no go for us. Long & short, this time around i booked a resort where i paid up front to guarantee the bed i want!!!

You might want to call the resort directly to find out the total number of King rooms they actually have so you don't get your heart set on what you might not be able to have
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post52016805
Donald - my hero is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

I requested a king bed at yacht earlier this year (club level). They only had 2 queens available and no one was checking out of a king bed room that day. Contemporary was a much different story. No problem granting our request.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #4
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

Once when we were staying CL at the BC we were upgraded to a multi room suite and there was a king bed. Not sure about regular rooms.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:08 AM   #5
gottagetback
Wish I was there right now...

Thanks for the input.
We won't be ruined if there's no king available but that is definitely our preference and what we're used to.
Arriving in the afternoon (flight land at 2:30), is there a better or worse chance of having room requests honored?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
kiford
Mouseketeer

There are only a few rooms at the BC with king sized beds. We were lucky to be assigned one last December. It was on the ground floor, in the corner, near to the volley ball court. There was an exit door right beside our room that took us out to the court so it was really quick to get in and out of our room, close to Epcot. Never had to go through the lobby. Loved the location and the room. Because it was on the corner, we had windows on two sides of the room and also a door out to the patio where there were a couple of chairs (you can't use it as an exit because you can't lock it from the outside).

My favourite resort is actually the BWI, but if I could be guaranteed that room at the BC every time we went, I'd stay there instead. We also had a king bed once at BWI on the ground floor (corner also) that had patio doors opening onto the rose garden which was really nice. However, it's not very close to the boardwalk itself, so although I loved the room, it isn't very convenient.

Most resorts don't have a lot of rooms with king beds only as they obviously generally only appeal to couples without children and that's not their main customer base.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
DisneyQuest
Oh gloomy day!

We were there August last year and I was proposing to my fiancé. I give the CM's credit, they tried everything to find us a king room (including the presidential suite) but no luck. It didn't ruin our trip! Just meant we had to snuggle a bit closer!
DisneyQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #8
chefmb
DIS Veteran

Hello! My DH and I stayed at BC for our 25th almost 2 years ago. When we checked in, I asked about a King. I got one. The room was very nice and big--a corner room like mentioned before. Windows on two sides (one overlooking a roof). We didn't have the larger balcony--no chairs, but we could walk out on it and look out at the pool, BW, YC--really the whole area. It was beautiful, especially at night. Our room was at the opposite end though--farthest from Epcot and quite a walk through the hall. Make sure you specify close to Epcot if that is most important. This end of the resort probably added 5 minutes walk. Believe it or not, it seemed like a much longer walk than any of our stays at POP!! Maybe it was just my perspective!?!?! Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: