Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 AM   #47
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing more holiday wishes.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #48
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas! I am enjoying your trip so far and am so glad you got to take an all girls getaway especially after the rough year you have had. Blessings and good wishes for the new year to come!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #49
jpmandan
DIS Veteran

I'm in for your TR.

Our WDW trips 2002,2003,2006,2007,2008,2009,2011
Old 12-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #50
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I am HERE!!!! Scarlett looks line a little stuffed doggie, she is so cute. I had to do a double take to make sure she wasn't a replica (Lisa stages her stuffies everywhere, so you never know _)

The trip is off to a wonderful start; however, I wanted to take a moment to say:

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for the well wishes! We get told a lot in real life that Scarlett looks like a teddy bear, so your thoughts there make a lot of sense! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Merry Christmas right back at ya!!!
I hope that you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!

[QUOTE=blessedmom4;46989377]
Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing more holiday wishes.

[/QUOTE

Thank you again for the holiday wishes, that is very kind of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Merry Christmas! I am enjoying your trip so far and am so glad you got to take an all girls getaway especially after the rough year you have had. Blessings and good wishes for the new year to come!
I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for the well wishes! It really was nice to get away, and now I'm planning a trip for DH and I to get away together

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmandan View Post
I'm in for your TR.
Thanks for joining in! I hope that you and your family had a great holiday!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #51
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

It's time for an update!

Day 2 - Part 2 - Thursday, December 13th, 2012

Now where did I leave off?...

Oh right, DME!

So we were running late and running out of time to make our reservation! The DME bus got moving and we were hoping that CSR would be the first stop& thankfully, it was! This took us to about 12:30pm. We only had 45 minutes left before our reservation

We went straight into the lobby to sign in. I had done the online check-in prior to our trip, so we were lucky enough that our room was ready! The CM at the desk said that we were very lucky to have our room requests met - Building 9B in Cabanas on the first floor! Woop!!

We quickly went over to our room to drop our bags. Our room was 9500. On the corner, first floor, facing the direction of the main pool. It was a wonderful location!

We then ran over to the bus stop to grab a bus to MK for our reservation. Apparently, I took one picture during all of this...

Interesting...

It seemed to take f.o.r.e.v.e.r for our bus to get there. But it did show up, and it was a quick ride over to MK. We were originally going to walk over to CR, but because of the place where we were dropped off, we decided it would be quicker to take the monorail.

We FINALLY made it to our reservation, but we were about 30 minutes late

Because it was nearing the end of lunch hour, they weren't very busy and were able to take us in... phew!

I felt incredibly underdressed. The weather was quite cold, and I didn't have any nice cold weather clothes in my carry-on, so I have a sweatshirt on.

We had a lovely waitress, and service was prompt. I ordered the multigrain pasta dish but I had it with tofu instead of chicken.

Multigrain Penne Pasta - with Chunky Tomato Broth, Roasted Chicken, and Locally-sourced Basil $18.99 (Courtesy of Allears.net)

It was delicious! Far too much food, but it was delicious. We all ordered a different dessert so that we could try them all out.

I ordered the creamy indulgence. It was fantastic! I'm not a fan of creme brule, but this was the best I've ever had.
Creamy Indulgence - Butterscotch creme brulee with espresso macaroon, New York cheesecake with apple-cranberry compote, olive oil-infused chocolate truffle mousse with salted caramel sauce (Courtesy of Allears.net)

Our waitress was also kind enough to take a picture of the 4 of us when we were finished eating.

Overall, I loved the Wave, and I would eat there again and I would recommend it to anyone!

When we were finished eating, we walked around CR a bit and took some pictures and browsed the shops.

While we were there, my mom found the TSM game for wii. We had been looking everywhere for this for my brother!! So she had to buy it, and it turned out that it was on sale!

Up next... Our first night

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Last edited by Disney9.9.10; 12-27-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #53
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

All caught up! Ugh on being kicked for 3 hours. No one likes that and then a major bummer on just missing the bus. It's definitely turned around with a ready room, requested location and still making it for lunch. I really like the Wave and it seems that it is one of the few places you probably could walk in and still get seated no matter what, a little hidden gem.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #54
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here (found the link in your siggy in my TR); back later after I catch up.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #55
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I love the Wave! It's so neat eating there because I remember what used to be there before it was a restaurant! It was a food court and arcade!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #56
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Everyone got there... let the games begin...

Agree on the Wave... had great meal there... not sure how many people know it's there?...
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #57
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, Krysten, I'm back and all caught up.

First, I'm sorry on the loss of your baby.

I love the intros and so happy that you stayed at CSR. As you know from my TR, we were there the week before you...but we got stuck with the Pop Warner people; luckily, they left before you got there. We have now stayed at the CSR ten times and it is still in our top three resorts.

Like your array of dining choices; well, I'll be honest--all except one (we ate at H&V twice and we'll never go back The Plaza is a must do for us...always our last meal of our trip; we've not tried The Wave...I've read mixed reviews of it (although I've read very good reviews of breakfast). I have the Grand Floridican Cafe on our list for next year; DH hates the Grand Floridian, but I think I've convinced him to at least go here to eat.

Scarlett is just too darn cute for words.

Did you complain about how cold your hotel room was? That's crazy that you had to sit in coats.

I would have been all over that father whether he was really sleeping or fake sleeping. There is no excuse for 3 hours of kicking.

you arrived. I'm glad you got your request of Cabanas 9B...that is awesome.

It's good they were able to accommodate you for your lunch even though you were a little late.

Can't wait to read more.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #58
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Caught up! What a great, multi-generational all-girls trip! I am loving it!

Old 12-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #59
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

I skipped over via your link on my TR! So, far I am very much enjoying this PTR & TR!

Sorry you didn't get the opportunity to hold your baby in your arms, but I'm sure you will always hold him/her in your heart. I believe tough times make us more gentle. Hope you're gentle enough & this coming year will only bring you smiles.

As far as your PTR Very nice to meet you all.

I'm into your TR now. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the Wave, we keep meaning to eat there, but end up going elsewhere.

I like to try to squeeze in something new with each trip also. But, I seldom get as many as you are in this trip!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 12-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #60
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

Loving your TR so far! We were there the same time as you too! We got there the early AM on the 13th and left the night of the 16th - we stayed at the GF and came from Buffalo, NY. I TOTALLY agree with you about the MME lines, they were beyond crazy unlike I'd seen before!

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: