Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Tifa
Mouseketeer

Wedding Planning Session - What to bring?

Hey Ladies!

My planning session is coming up and I would like some advice on what I should bring.

I would like to hear how your planning session went and what you brought (or wish you had brought) to the session as well as any tips or advice that would help

Thanks!

Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
SWBride
Earning My Ears

Hi Tifa! I just had my planning session last month and it was great! I brought a scrapbook I made with pictures of my dress and my bridesmaids dress that I printed out from David's Bridal. Then I printed out a lot of inspiration photos from Pinterest (cake designs, flowers, table decor, altar decor, etc) and brought paint chips from Lowes that were in the Color palettes I wanted to use for the ceremony and reception. I also brought my wedding invitation to really drive home my theme (Snow White). Finally, I brought a list of things I wanted ranging from food, drinks, entertainment, etc so that I could keep track of their answers to any questions I had about each. The one thing I wish I had done was take more notes. I found it was tough to have a thorough conversation and take comprehensive notes at the same time so I'm glad my mom came with us as she just sat in the background and did that the whole time.
SWBride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
Tifa
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I just wanted to let you know that your advice was spot on! I made a mini scrapbook for my planner and she was so excited and surprised when I handed it to her and said she could keep it as a reference. Inside I had our names and date of the wedding, color scheme color samples, ceremony inspiration photos, reception inspiration photos, floral inspiration photos, cake and cake topper photos, and a copy of our wedding program. Both my planner and floral designer loved the book because it was so easy to just turn to the section we were discussing and see all the photos on one page. Like you I wish I had taken more notes but it's hard to do when your trying to answer questions, listen to the choices, or explain things and try to write at the same time. Another thing that helped me a lot was making a list of questions before hand and catigorizing them into separate events, (i.e. Ceremony, Reception, Transportation, etc) so anytime we finished going over a topic and she asked if we had any questions I could just pull out my list of questions and have her answer them right then and there.

Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
rphelps27
Earning My Ears

Questions to ask

What questions did you ask? We are going on Friday for our PS and I am trying to think of questions that we should ask, but my mind is drawing a blank.
rphelps27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Actually, most of the planning session is about your planner asking YOU questions. S/he will go through the entire day with you step by step to see what your preferences are. Your questions can evolve out of that process.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: