Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Does JetBlue Drop Your Rate if the Fare Goes Down?

Having flown them twice I should know this, if I reserve early and the fare goes down, do I get the lower of the two?

Thanks,
BillFromPA
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

They will credit your JB travel bank account but you have to call them to request it. They won't do it automatically & you can't do it online.
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

You would have to call them directly, tell them that your original fare has gone down, so could they please give you the difference in a travel credit.
This means that you must be online, checking, almost daily. Fares can go down and stay that way for weeks, or they can go down, and then back up again in hours!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Jo-Anne
DIS Veteran

Does this apply if they send out a code that says it is for new bookings or only if they lower the price that you see on their site?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

It doesn't apply if the lower price is valid for new bookings only.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
They will credit your JB travel bank account but you have to call them to request it. They won't do it automatically & you can't do it online.
Incorrect, you can do it online; I have done it online many of times with JB. All you need to do is edit your reservation and select the exact same flights. I've never called to get a credit.

That said, it is not automatic.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr View Post
Incorrect, you can do it online; I have done it online many of times with JB. All you need to do is edit your reservation and select the exact same flights. I've never called to get a credit.

That said, it is not automatic.
That's good to know. They told me this summer that we couldn't do it without being charged changing fees when doing it online. Thanks for the info.

to the OP you can call every time there's a price drop. This summer, we managed to get a credit of $120 pp for our flights. We are using that credi for our next trip. You have, apparently, a year to use the credit

Also if you flight changes time by over 45 minutes, you can change flights at no addition cost if it's an inconvience to you that times was changed. OUr flights were leaving 2 hours later then it should on our way to MCO and we were able to switch from the pm to am flight at no addittion charge and we didn't even have to pay the price difference either for the tickets.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Hmmm, I haven't been able to accomplish it online yet either. Will have to keep my eyes open down the road.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
msb578
Mouseketeer

I can second online success. But it will only work if you switch your seats on the same flight- so as a group of 5, I had to select 5 new seats. If there aren't any open seats for you to switch to, you'll have to call for the credit.
msb578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb578 View Post
I can second online success. But it will only work if you switch your seats on the same flight- so as a group of 5, I had to select 5 new seats. If there aren't any open seats for you to switch to, you'll have to call for the credit.
I can 3rd that option. I have do it online and they just gave me a credit to use for the future. You just pick the same flight.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
I can 3rd that option. I have do it online and they just gave me a credit to use for the future. You just pick the same flight.
I tried to do this yesterday with Jetblue and I was confused by the confirmation screen. I was only trying to change one part of a round trip. When I got to the end, it said there was a charge of $30 but a credit of $74 (and it wanted my CC number).

That confused me so I called Jetblue and asked them to check it for me. It did come out to be a $44 credit that she applied to my travel bank. But I still don't understand why doing it online wanted me to pay $30 and then issue a credit for $74.

Or would it not really have charged my card if I accepted that and just given me the $44 credit?

Also, any idea how the difference is calculated? When I created a new dummy reservation, it showed a difference of $30 per ticket. But when I did it online and via customer service, I was only issued $22 per ticket.

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #12
MagiKitty

I'm in shape...shaped like a pear on two sticks

Thank you so much for this information! I did not know about the credit, and today I noticed a difference of $36 in my fare. Just called and had the difference put into my True Blue account....

MagiKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
Bowen9475
DIS Veteran

The fare for our flights went down by $40. I am the only one with a True Blue account. Would I be able to get the difference put into my account for all 5 of our flights or would we need to open accounts in the names of my husband and kids?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen9475 View Post
The fare for our flights went down by $40. I am the only one with a True Blue account. Would I be able to get the difference put into my account for all 5 of our flights or would we need to open accounts in the names of my husband and kids?
I just had this situation with flights that I bought for me and my Mom. When I called to get the credit, she asked how I would like it done and I asked her to put it all in my account (which she did).

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #15
Bowen9475
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
I just had this situation with flights that I bought for me and my Mom. When I called to get the credit, she asked how I would like it done and I asked her to put it all in my account (which she did).
That is great to hear

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: