Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

While on a ride in Bugs Land Dh just watched a lady park her rental stroller next to our Phil and Ted double, dumped our toddlers blankets on the ground and put her stuff in. She then tried to walk away with our stroller. Dh had locked the wheel and break together with a bike lock so she didn't make off with it. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else!

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
While on a ride in Bugs Land Dh just watched a lady park her rental stroller next to our Phil and Ted double, dumped our toddlers blankets on the ground and put her stuff in. She then tried to walk away with our stroller. Dh had locked the wheel and break together with a bike lock so she didn't make off with it. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else!
Oh bother. What is wrong with people?

Well thank goodness your DH locked the wheels!!!!!!

So your DH actually witnessed this woman? Did he approached her at all?

KAR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

I wondered the same thing!!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseymommy View Post
I wondered the same thing!!
me too. I would have recorded the act (love smart phones) as soon as I realized what was going on. Then I would have confronted her and turned her in.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
RangerPooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06

No by the time they were off the ride she was gone.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
dmband
DIS Veteran

That's pretty low
Qbut on a side note, don't you have to show Id or anything to track the rentals?
Ie you saw the act, you would have been able to take the rental she left back and bam know who it was to call the cops??
Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
lucky1
Face Character

Wow.. I had never though someone would take a Stroller just for the Stroller. A few years ago we came off Buzz ride to find our stroller missing. We walked up and down the Stroller area. I reported it missing and security too me over to Lost and found to document what was missing. The only thing we had in the Stroller was a backpack with a change of kids clothes and so snacks. It was dusk when that happened. Security said what generally happens is someone takes the stroller thinking there are valuables in the stroller and will ditch the stroller and take the contents of the bags. Leaving the park that night we saw our stroller stashed behind a trash can on the way to the exit. Not even sure how we even saw it. A week later our backpack will all the contents, minus the food, was sent back to us by Disney. We assumed that they ditched everything once they found out there wasn't anything of value. After that happened we never again left anything in our stroller basket. It always surprised me to watch people leaving cameras and valuable in their basket and just covering with a blanket. So glad we are out of the Stroller phase now!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the warning.

We used our umbrella stroller at WDW for DS6 in February and did not have or see any problems. We are planning to use a larger but still inexpensive stroller at DL this coming February even though DS is 7 now. It really does make for an easier day for him. I try to only leave the snack/drink bag and jackets. I carry my wallet, phone and camera with me in a smaller crossbody type purse that I can take on rides. Maybe we will bring something to secure our bag to the stroller. At the grocery store I use the child seatbelt to strap my purse to the cart and try not to take my eye off it. We don't usually buy a lot of souvenirs or expensive things in the park so hopefully our stroller won't look too tempting. There is a saying trust in God but lock your doors. You just never know.
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

How terrible!

I'm so glad you locked the wheels! When DS was little we'd use a bike lock as you described and others thought we were crazy. So glad we did with thieves like this roaming around.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
kaci
Mouseketeer

Gah! What is wrong with people? Stealing a child's mode of transport is just particularly scummy, even among scum.

I already had a bike lock tucked in our luggage for our upcoming trip. Sad that it's apparently a necessity
Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

So glad we've never needed/used strollers. DD4, DS2, and another on the way. Wraps are the best! All strollers do is clog up the park and slow you down. If you have a special needs child who needs one, no problem. Able bodied kids with able bodied parents sure don't need them!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

So glad you locked the wheels!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD View Post
So glad we've never needed/used strollers. DD4, DS2, and another on the way. Wraps are the best! All strollers do is clog up the park and slow you down. If you have a special needs child who needs one, no problem. Able bodied kids with able bodied parents sure don't need them!
I Loved my homemade wrap, homemade mei tei, pouch, and Ergo. The baby was fine to carry (mostly, he was a chunker! ), but all the stuff that goes with the was a bit much for me, especially being out day. I loved having my son close to me, but adding a backpack to that made me feel like a pack mule. Additionally, I did like to put him down somewhere to let my body breathe, to eat and to use the ladies room. And it kept the acupuncture bill down a bit too. We loved the combination of baby carrier and stroller.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
RangerPooh

We go to WDW and DL at least two trips a year and have never experienced anything like this before. Just goes to show that some people have no morals. When I told security they said it happens more than people think. Just glad that DH locked it. We get the looks, but its worth it when you've witnessed someone try to steal your stroller!

As for the poster who posted about carriers, they're great if you don't have a bad back. when our kids were infants they practically lived in the bijorn, but now that they're older its all about the stroller.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
kaci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post
I Loved my homemade wrap, homemade mei tei, pouch, and Ergo. The baby was fine to carry (mostly, he was a chunker! ), but all the stuff that goes with the was a bit much for me, especially being out day. I loved having my son close to me, but adding a backpack to that made me feel like a pack mule. Additionally, I did like to put him down somewhere to let my body breathe, to eat and to use the ladies room. And it kept the acupuncture bill down a bit too. We loved the combination of baby carrier and stroller.
I'm all for babywearing, but it's definitely is not right/possible in every situation. There is simply NO way I can carry my 30 pound toddler and all her accessories 6-12 hours a day for a week. Can't happen. Also isn't possible for her to safely and ably walk that much for days on end in an amusement park environment.

ChrisSD I'm very glad wraps have been the one-stop solution for your family but your post makes it seem that you assume the same should be true for the majority of other families and that's just not the case. It's not ignorance that's stopping me from wearing my kids all day every day, it's the fact I would like my back to be functional and intact years from now.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: