Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
teacherlisa1978
DIS Veteran

Love mine! I'm a teacher and I have 3 pairs. I never wear anything else to school, and I wear them pretty exclusively on the weekends too. They go with anything. I always wear them to fly since they slip on and off easily. Wore them around WA D.C. when I chaperoned an 8th grade trip and I've worn them to Disney too. They last me at least 3 years each in heavy rotation.

Carsland, Candy Corn, and Caramel Macchiatos-a DLR Trip Report
Disneyland: 1989, 2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013
Disneyland Paris: 1994-free trip won through the Disney Store!
Walt Disney World: 1992, 1997, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
teacherlisa1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #17
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbear
I'm going to be the dissenter here. I have a pair of dansko's and have tried on numerous pairs. I think they are really heavy. They are ok if I'm standing but any prolonged walking and my legs are really tired. I like Jambu better. Similar shoes but I think they are lighter and more comfortable for me.

I ordered a pair of Cole Haan loafers with Nike air technology. I'm hoping they will be stylish but comfortable to walk in.
I agree. I have a tendency toward plantar fasciitis and I have severe arthritis in my feet. My one and only pair of Danskos madey heels hurt so bad I could hardly walk and standing was nearly impossible. Not for me!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

I have Dansko clogs, sneakers, and sandals. They are the best wearing shoes that I have, though sometimes the clogs can rub the bottom of my foot in a funky way, still love them!
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #19
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Also, have a look at Sanita - Dansko and Sanita used to be made by the same people until a few years ago. Sanita is made in the USA now and Dansko in China. I like them both they are almost identical. I got a great deal at Swanx and they also sell them on Zappos.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #20
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I only have "dress" Danskos. I have two pair of black suede heels that I wear when I wear dress pants to work. The are very good if you have to wear a heeled shoe. I wouldn't say I could go out and shop in them because they are 2.5 inches at least, but they are the most comfortable heels I own.
Anyway, I've never tried the more casual line. I've tried the clogs on in the store several times and just don't care for the way they feel and look on me. I find they look kinda cute on other people.

I do not have a wide foot--it borders on being closer to narrow, but it is not narrow, and I have no problems with fit in the regular sizes. I do think you should go try them on if you have anything other than a normal foot.

Are you referring to their boots? I just bought and received (from Zappos) a pair of Dansko Buffy ankle boots. They have sort of a weird, hard arch support in them, but I think I might like that? I'm going to wear them around the house a bit to see if I'm going to like them.

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
mamacatnv
I am the queen of straw!
Almost anything can be fixed with pasta
Do my DH's "Shorty Shorts" count?
I go in search of code!

I bought my first pair a few weeks ago - had to take the first pair back, they were just a bit too small. I wear a standard ten and the 41's bugged my toe so I switched them for a 42 - I love the feel of the support, I have issues with Plantar Fasciatis and these feel good to the sore spots on the heel/arch area.

My one issue, these things are hard and I started off with a full day at a museum, my feet were killing me. However I then tapered off and went to a few hours a day. Now I wear them all day at work and I survived several hours of Christmas shopping this past weekend. I've read that one really needs to allow their feet to get used to them and then, once they do, they will never look back.

I can't say yet that I love them yet but they are certainly growing on me as I wear them more and more.
POFQ-1/1-1/9/07, ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 Turn of the Century
Thanks AidensMom
mamacatnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

my daughter in law worked at a hospital...so all concrete floor types...and she loved her Dansko...she got some ten years ago and needs a new pair...so she is getting those for Christmas..
They stand up well and the comfort is unbelievable as she put it..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

I wore out my first pair of professionals - but it took about 8 years! They are expensive to buy, but definitely hold up better than less expensive options.

I now have the solstice, which is a little more stylish and less clunky than the professional style. I had bunion surgery on both feet 1 year ago. This brand was comfortable before because it accommodated the wide width of my foot. After surgery I can wear the narrower style and still get the great support this brand offers.

I agree, you might need to get used to the "hard" feel of the sole, but they really do offer great support for anyone who stands all day at their job.

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #24
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Ok guess I am the only one who hates them. They are so heavy! I felt like. Was clomping around dragging them after me. I kept tripping and my feet felt like lead. I also have plantar fasciitis so I am very particular about shoes. Danskos did not work for me, but most people. Work white love them.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #25
chicagodisneyfan
Peace
He looked ridiculous - but it gave me the giggles for a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
Ok guess I am the only one who hates them. They are so heavy! I felt like. Was clomping around dragging them after me. I kept tripping and my feet felt like lead. I also have plantar fasciitis so I am very particular about shoes. Danskos did not work for me, but most people. Work white love them.
I have plantar fasciitis and Dansko is one of the only shoes where I can be on my feet for hours and feel great!
chicagodisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: