Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
mswalters
Earning My Ears

What am I forgetting?

Ok, so I am starting to pack for our trip next week. What are the items that you take that most people wouldn't think of, or what do you wish you had taken with you?
mswalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Make copies of your tickets in case they are lost.

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

I feel like I put on ChapStick every 20 minutes so I can't live without that lol!

If you're going for a longer trip, you might want to make sure you have two different pairs of park shoes so that you can alternate if one gets uncomfortable.

Also, remember even if it is warm during the day, the nights can be cold so make sure you have clothes for both conditions!
sonnyjane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

power strip for the hotel
poncho
hat
sharpie for autograph book
earplugs and advil pm for sleeping
kids bathing suit for hotel
flip flops for water rides
blanket for sitting on at F!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

If you are staying for a little while, bring quarters in case you want to do wash while there. Hand sanitizer - you can never wash your hands enough when you are touching all those rides, etc. We will bring some extra tea bags, sugar packets for the room next time. We had the free refill mugs but it would have been nice just to make some tea in the room - they had the tea bags on lock down at our resort last trip, I guess people were helping themselves a little too much.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Good ones FiggieFan. It reminded me:

dollar bills for tipping, especially for the hotel cleaning staff
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
npealer
Mouseketeer

Earplugs. I never go anywhere without them.

DL/CA- Too many to remember
WDW-Jan 1997 Offsite, April 2003 offsite, November 2005 offsite, Jan 2013 AS Music

npealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
rowan1813
Disney Princess since birth

I always take a little ziploc baggy with band-aids and neosporin. It never fails that someone cuts their fingers or comes up with a blister and my little baggy has always come in handy. I also throw in some sanitizing hand-wipes to use just in case a cut gets dirty and we can't wash it out before putting on a band-aid and neosporin. I know its alcohol and it stings like crazy, but its much better than having the cut get infected.

rowan1813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Immodium AD and kids stomach meds. Those are sometimes hard to find and the food in the parks is not what we normally eat.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
Rebekkap
Australian Mouseketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
If you are staying for a little while, bring quarters in case you want to do wash while there. Hand sanitizer - you can never wash your hands enough when you are touching all those rides, etc. We will bring some extra tea bags, sugar packets for the room next time. We had the free refill mugs but it would have been nice just to make some tea in the room - they had the tea bags on lock down at our resort last trip, I guess people were helping themselves a little too much.
Couldn't agree more about taking tea making stuff for the room, but hand sanitizers and other anti-bacterial products are helping to create super bugs and making it impossible for hospitals to create sterile operating environments. Washing your hands with warm water and soap is completely adequate to remove germs in all ordinary circumstances.
Disneyland California - July 1987 (with my grandmother &brother), Disneyland Paris - May 2009 (with mum & friends), Disneyworld - December 2011 (with my DP), Hong Kong Disneyland - March 2012 (with my DP), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - June 2012 (solo), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - December 2012/January 2013 (with my DP), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - July 2013 (with my aunt), Disneyworld - May 2014 (with my sister), Disneyland and maybe Disneyworld and Harry Potter - March 2015 solo trip
Rebekkap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #11
Butterfly123
DIS Veteran

A black Sharpie pen for writing names on water bottles, cups, etc. so that we know who's is who's when we throw them in a backpack, or in the hotel room fridge.

Disneyland: 1969, 1974, 1982, 1985, 1990, July 2001, April 2003, April 2004, April 2005, April 2006, April 2007, April 2008, April 2009, June 2011, July 2012, June 2013. Next visit summer 2015!
Butterfly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
firefly87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane View Post
I feel like I put on ChapStick every 20 minutes so I can't live without that lol!

If you're going for a longer trip, you might want to make sure you have two different pairs of park shoes so that you can alternate if one gets uncomfortable.

Also, remember even if it is warm during the day, the nights can be cold so make sure you have clothes for both conditions!
Another vote for an extra pair of shoes! Not only so you can switch between pairs for comfort, but this week my kids have gotten soaked on Splash Mtn and Grizzly River Run! Twice now, we have had to put all their shoes under a fan at night to dry them out.

I agree on the layers of clothes too. We have been here for the past 5 days and have had sun, clouds, and rain. The nice days have been warm but by late afternoon, it starts to chill. You don't necessarily need long sleeves or pants during the day, but you would want them at night, especially if you tend to be cold.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #13
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsmama View Post
Make copies of your tickets in case they are lost.
NOTE: This only works at Disney World, at Disneyland the tickets are not replaceable if lost. Sometime they will replace stolen tickets with a copy of a police report, but it is not common.

The exception to this are Annual Passes, which can be replaced for a fee.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77

NOTE: This only works at Disney World, at Disneyland the tickets are not replaceable if lost. Sometime they will replace stolen tickets with a copy of a police report, but it is not common.

The exception to this are Annual Passes, which can be replaced for a fee.
Weird. Post disappeared. Anyway...

I took pics if the back of our park hoppers, just in case. My DH lost his somewhere in DCA and we noticed as we were on our way to DL. We were able to go to the ticket booth, show them the picture with my park hopper and get it replaced.
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #15
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Double-check that your shoes MATCH. I brought 2 black shoes, one left and one right...but not a matched pair, so I couldn't wear them.

If you might go back to the room after water rides, bring an extra change of clothes.
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: