Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
jkattk
Earning My Ears

Any benefit to buying tickets through Disney or having them mailed vs printed?

It's my first time to Disneyland and I'm planning to buy a 5 day park hopper in advance. Is there any advantage to buying from the Disney site vs someplace like aRes (I'm not a Costco member)? Same question for printing ticket vouchers vs picking the mail option from Disney? (i.e does this give you a more formal ticket that saves a wait anywhere or anything?).
jkattk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Doing the e-ticket option gives you a printout. You take the printout to the turnstyle, they scan it, and a ticket pops out for you. Same ticket that you would get normally. No waiting or anything (though I think they'll have you show ID and sign the ticket? but that would be the same with a ticket already in hand) extra.

Although I have bought tickets to WDW and Universal Florida through discount ticket places, I've only bought DLR tickets from DLR. There's just not enough savings from discounters, and they tend to have extra steps. I like buying from disneyland.com. It's easy.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Does this work for more than 1 person? Do I order tickets for DH & I seperately or can I order 2 tickets on the same transaction? Will the turnstile print out tickets for both DH & I from 1 print out?

I was thinking of calling vacation planning & seeing if I could order tickets now from them but pick them up during check in @ DL Hotel. Is the e-ticket any more convenient? I'm nervous about forgetting or losing the e-ticket. Plus we're used to WDW & getting our tickets @ check in.

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Does this work for more than 1 person? Do I order tickets for DH & I seperately or can I order 2 tickets on the same transaction? Will the turnstile print out tickets for both DH & I from 1 print out?

I was thinking of calling vacation planning & seeing if I could order tickets now from them but pick them up during check in @ DL Hotel. Is the e-ticket any more convenient? I'm nervous about forgetting or losing the e-ticket. Plus we're used to WDW & getting our tickets @ check in.

Thanks!
1 printout per person. You can buy as many tickets as you like, when they email to you, each will have its own sheet. You hand all of them to the CM at the turnstile. Don't do will call or have them mailed. You have to pay extra for that whereas e-tickets are free. The e-tickets are emailed to you, so if you lose them, you can just print them again from your email account. You can print them as many times as you like, can just only use them once obviously.

I for sure recommend buying from Disneyland.com. As others said, the discount other places offer (maybe $5) isn't worth the hassle of dealing with vouchers or anything like that.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Thanks for the quick reply & explanations! Glad to know I could just reprint if I misplace the print out. Thanks again!!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I make sure to have it emailed to an email address I can access from anywhere. gmail or hotmail; NOT my husband's work Outlook address. Then I save the email, and I also save the PDF on my laptop. I generally bring my laptop on our trips, and if I can't find the printout, I can print the PDF. If I can't hook my laptop up to a printer at the hotel, I can use the hotel's computers to get into my email to then print it. Many different ways of making sure I can use it.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
danlkrim
Mouseketeer

Good news maybe

I don't know when the OP is planing to visit but it looks like there is a small discount in effect for advance purchase of 3 day or longer parkhoppers for use Jan- Mar 2013. Check the DL website for the details if you haven't seen this already.
Walt Disney World Feb 2012
Disneyland and California Adventure Feb 2013
WDW Nov 2013, Jan, Feb, April 2014,
danlkrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: