Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Disneyfanfour
Dream it!

Room requests and DVC rental

Hi, I'm wondering if I, the renter of DVC points, can fax any room requests directly to the resort a week before my trip, or if I have to go through the DVC member. Also, if I booked the DDP on my rental through the member, can I cancel the plan on my own if I needed to? Would I call member services or the resort to cancel that plan?

Thanks for any help in these matters.
Disneyfanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

I am pretty sure you have to go through the member your renting points from for both. I'm sure someone will be by to correct me if I'm wrong though.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfanfour View Post
Hi, I'm wondering if I, the renter of DVC points, can fax any room requests directly to the resort a week before my trip, or if I have to go through the DVC member. Also, if I booked the DDP on my rental through the member, can I cancel the plan on my own if I needed to? Would I call member services or the resort to cancel that plan?

You definitely need to go thru the member from whom you rent the points. The DVC member "owns" the reservation, and all contact with DVC member services has to go thru them. Any changes or requests will need to be funneled through them, that includes room requests and the addition/cancellation of the DDP.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You need to get the member to call DVC Member Services and put your request on the reservation. I don't believe resorts use faxed room requests anymore.

You will not be able to do anything to the reservation that requires contacting DVC Member Services. They will only deal with the DVC member. You must have the member call no later than 2 days before you arrive to cancel the dining plan for you.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

The DVC resorts stopped accepting faxed room requests years ago. All requests have to go through DVC Member Services, and as others have said the member will need to contact them for you.

There's no need to wait till a week before your trip to add requests. Requests can be made for any Disney resort, DVC or otherwise, at the time or reservation or anytime after that.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfanfour View Post

You don't own the reservation so you cannot do anything to it until the moment you check in. If you try to remove the DDP when you check in, you will be told you cannot do that either. It must be done at least 48 hours before. And the member has to do that.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Disneyfanfour
Dream it!

thanks, everyone, for your help! Love this board!
Disneyfanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I have had no problems having the DVC member add my requests to my reservations and it has always gone smoothly

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: