Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

Stomach bug on Thanksgiving...

My poor DD4. She was great all morning, playing, running around outside. Then around 5:30 she started puking. Ugh. Crossing fingers it's gone by tomorrow and no one else gets it. We leave for the world in 6 days so if DD7, DH or I get it I hope we are done by then.
DD: 5

Kerrio929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrio929 View Post
My poor DD4. She was great all morning, playing, running around outside. Then around 5:30 she started puking. Ugh. Crossing fingers it's gone by tomorrow and no one else gets it. We leave for the world in 6 days so if DD7, DH or I get it I hope we are done by then.
1 What did she eat
2. Does she have any other side effects like a fever, cramps stuff like that
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

I feel your pain. My son Christian started throwing up Wed night for no good reason. He is so pitiful when he's sick. He doesn't understand what's happening to him. Thankfully, no vomiting today. And I hope it doesnt come back!

I hope the throw up fairy leaves your house soon!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor

1 What did she eat
2. Does she have any other side effects like a fever, cramps stuff like that
She didn't eat much, definitely not from dinner, no one else is sick. And no other symptoms. She basically threw up every 60-90 minutes for about 6 hours. Hasn't thrown up in the last 6 hours so hopefully it's passing. She slept solidly from about 1am-7am and woke up,saying she was all better.
Fingers crossed its over.

Oh and the poor baby looked at me last night and said "I don't like Thanksgiving, when is it over?" She thinks it's the holiday that made her sick. Kids really can be so sweet and cute.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

My 21 year old DD has this too. We ate dinner about 4PM. She started around 11PM. No one else is sick, she ate nothing different. She has no fever. Just pains in her stomach, some vomiting and some of the runs. However, she kind of gets these symptoms if she eats too much. The worst part is she has to leave now for a 4 hour drive back to school.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine
My 21 year old DD has this too. We ate dinner about 4PM. She started around 11PM. No one else is sick, she ate nothing different. She has no fever. Just pains in her stomach, some vomiting and some of the runs. However, she kind of gets these symptoms if she eats too much. The worst part is she has to leave now for a 4 hour drive back to school.
Oh no. I hope she does ok on the drive. Our neighbors took their 18 year old nience to Myrtle beach with them last April (14hr drive) and she got the stomach bug on the way home. 7 people in a minivan and she was throwing up. Awful!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

My 6 yo granddaughter had something similar last Sat. She was fine and all of the sudden she started throwing up. Every couple hours. She fell asleep for about 4 hours, woke up right as rain. And mad. She missed the local parade and she was supposed to ride in the police car with her dad and push the button for the siren during the parade.

I think its a bug as well. No other symptoms. If she had a fever it was minor, my dil did not notice any other unusual changes. But like your dd, my grandd has a 'nervous' stomach. It could have been a combination of excitement and nervousness about the parade.

Kelly
Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Oh no. I hope she does ok on the drive. Our neighbors took their 18 year old nience to Myrtle beach with them last April (14hr drive) and she got the stomach bug on the way home. 7 people in a minivan and she was throwing up. Awful!
She just left, crying, doped up on Immodium, Alka-Seltzer, and a bottle of Tums in her cupholder. I think the worst is over but her stomach "hurts" and she feels like she needs to keep going in the bathroom. I think the Immodium will take care of that.

In her case, I absolutely think she has a problem with certain types of food. This has been happening to her, now, with regularity. If I can just get her to think about what she eats before it happens, we might be able to figure it out.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
marmalade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She didn't eat much, definitely not from dinner, no one else is sick. And no other symptoms. She basically threw up every 60-90 minutes for about 6 hours. Hasn't thrown up in the last 6 hours so hopefully it's passing. She slept solidly from about 1am-7am and woke up,saying she was all better.

Oh and the poor baby looked at me last night and said "I don't like Thanksgiving, when is it over?" She thinks it's the holiday that made her sick. Kids really can be so sweet and cute
Ahhhh poor baby. Hopefully she is feeling better and no one else gets sick for your trip.
marmalade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh and the poor baby looked at me last night and said "I don't like Thanksgiving, when is it over?" She thinks it's the holiday that made her sick. Kids really can be so sweet and cute.
I am glad she is feeling better
Old 11-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

I would check her for strep. My dd9 has been complaining about a belly ache for about a week. She had no other complaints just nausea/belly ache. I thought she just needed to go to the bathroom because it would always be worse at bedtime.. Monday morning she woke up pale with a tiny fever. She had her yearly physical that morning so we went and they asked if she had any sore throat. she did complain of a sore throat 1 time the week before. they did a strep test that came back negative both Monday and Tues. Weds morning I sent her to school and of course I get a call that her strep test came back positive.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

FIL has it too. He is better today though.

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Glad nobody got it WHILE on vacation! Have a fun trip!!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Same here!

She feels fine today though (but she felt fine yesterday.... until she didn't) lol.

I honestly think it was just the junk she ate at the grandparents - candy/ice cream/whip cream... etc. She JUST got over a virus from the week before, so I'm sure it was all just a bit much... and grandparents always know best apparently, :P

Last edited by aaarcher86; 11-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.
aaarcher86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
Robbi
DIS Veteran

My SIL started with a stomach bug the day before Thanskgiving. She's feeling better today.
Hoping everyone else feels better very soon.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: