Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #1411
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassFamily View Post
Just booked our second family trip, two girls who will be 9 and 8. Trying Coronado Springs this time, please tell us what you like and/or dislike about this resort1
We like just about everything!

The pool is awesome - the slide is so fun, even for us big kids.

Overall, we've had decent food at Pepper Market, some meals better than others. Cafe Rix is also a good place for grab-n-go fare.

I love the gift shop there, Panchito's. They seem to have a good assortment of souvenirs.

We've had good luck with the bus service there. Usually once or twice per trip we have an unusually long wait, but overall we have had good luck with it. With the exception of going to/from DTD - those buses seem to take forever no matter what resort you are staying at.

I like that CSR is on the "main drag" through the South end of property. It's only a few minutes to AK, EP and DHS, and MK isn't bad either, maybe 10-12 minutes once you leave CSR. It's also very convenient to the route we use to get to Disney, so that's a plus, too.

Hope you like CSR as much as we do!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #1412
j67bubba
Earning My Ears

We leave in 3 hours for our 1300 mile adventure to CSR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #1413
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Just got word on my conference dates at CSR, so will be heading back to CSR at the end of October. Halloween at Disney World and will also do MNSSHP one of the nights

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #1414
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j67bubba View Post
Have a safe journey, and a wonderful vacation!!!

Please keep us all posted on your CSR experience...we can't wait till we get there!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #1415
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j67bubba View Post
Safe travels

22 days and a wake up till we are there.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 07-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #1416
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in October. I've been doing a lot of research but I have a few questions and some things I'm not quite sure about. I'm sure some of the CSR fans here will know the answers.

I understand if you have items shipped by FedEx or UPS that CSR charges a fee. What if you use a delivery service like GardenGrocer or WeGoShop. Does CSR charge a fee for that.

Mug refill locations; Pepper Market inside and outer window, Cafe Rix and Siesta's. Is that right?

Is Rix Lounge where Francisco's Lounge used to be or are they two different entities?

Have any of you runners used the path around Lago Dorado for an early morning run? I imagine it's a beautiful, peaceful, although short run. I think I read it's about 3/4 mile once around. There is a path, right?
Old 07-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #1417
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Every time someone replies to this thread I get excited butterflies in my belly all over again - I'M GONNA GO STAY THERE!!

I'm interested in epcotbill's questions too, especially about the refills.
I was looking at maps a while ago and am pretty sure I saw one with two jogging trails; one around the main lake and one that stretched a little further... I may be wrong! I'm just getting back in to running and have never managed much more than 5k, but I've put it on my bucket list to go for a good run while at Disney some day

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 07-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #1418
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I understand if you have items shipped by FedEx or UPS that CSR charges a fee. What if you use a delivery service like GardenGrocer or WeGoShop. Does CSR charge a fee for that.
No

Quote:
Mug refill locations; Pepper Market inside and outer window, Cafe Rix and Siesta's. Is that right?
Cafe Rix is the only spot you can fill yourself. All other spots refill for you including Laguna Lounge.

Quote:
Is Rix Lounge where Francisco's Lounge used to be or are they two different entities?
yes and then some. Rix Lounge is much larger.

Quote:
Have any of you runners used the path around Lago Dorado for an early morning run? I imagine it's a beautiful, peaceful, although short run. I think I read it's about 3/4 mile once around. There is a path, right?
The inner loop is .75, the whole loop (through the ranchos) is much larger.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #1419
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in October. I've been doing a lot of research but I have a few questions and some things I'm not quite sure about. I'm sure some of the CSR fans here will know the answers.

We use Garden Grocer every trip there's no charge. Our order is always waiting for us in bell services when we get there. They have a big cooler to keep stuff cool and will gladly deliver to your room with your luggage.

Rix lounge is a large night club style lounge inside by Pepper Market. There is also an outdoor lounge outside the main building by the lagoon. As well you can get alcoholic beverages at Siestas buy the pool as well.

The jogging path would be ok very early in the morning, but too many people around later in the day. I used the tread mills and bikes in the fitness center. It was all brand new as of 2011.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #1420
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I think the whole idea of jogging or working out during your wdw or DL vacay sounds insane!! We walk 10 miles a day when we do DL...I assume we'll do just as much in wdw... You guys can have the jogging trails lol!!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 07-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1421
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
I think the whole idea of jogging or working out during your wdw or DL vacay sounds insane!! We walk 10 miles a day when we do DL...I assume we'll do just as much in wdw... You guys can have the jogging trails lol!!
That's why I'm 44 and look better than most 25 yr olds!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #1422
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
It'll probably only be once in fourteen days that I manage it, but it's on my bucket list! If I'm a runner (or aiming to be) then I want to run at Disney at least once. I can't get to any of their marathons or races, so a quick little run will do! We're pretty commando at Disney and yet I'm still up and absolutely *bouncing* every day, so energy isn't an issue - I can rest on the flight home!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 07-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #1423
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Yes, when our kids were in PNP, we could put it in the vanity area length-wise under the clothes rod, between the wall and the counter. We still had room to access the sink and get in/out of the bathroom. When we did this, our toddler would stand up and play with the curtain, but now with the sliding doors, I would think it would be nice and dark for a baby to fall asleep.
Thank you! That knocks one worry off my list.

One other question: To those who have stayed at both CSR and deluxe, how does CSR really compare. I know we will miss having a balcony a whole lot, but I'm not too worried about the resort being spread out (we enjoy walking), and I don't think I'll mind having a smaller room. I was kind of bummed about not having the option to walk or boat to a park, but my 2 year-old loves buses, so maybe that will be a good thing for us. Other than those few things, will it really be that different?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #1424
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
Thank you! That knocks one worry off my list.

One other question: To those who have stayed at both CSR and deluxe, how does CSR really compare. I know we will miss having a balcony a whole lot, but I'm not too worried about the resort being spread out (we enjoy walking), and I don't think I'll mind having a smaller room. I was kind of bummed about not having the option to walk or boat to a park, but my 2 year-old loves buses, so maybe that will be a good thing for us. Other than those few things, will it really be that different?
I think the biggest difference is not being thisclose to one of the theme parks. To me, there is not a huge difference in amenities between deluxe and moderate resorts. The only thing I miss going from deluxe to moderate is being able to walk to a park.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #1425
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I think the biggest difference is not being thisclose to one of the theme parks. To me, there is not a huge difference in amenities between deluxe and moderate resorts. The only thing I miss going from deluxe to moderate is being able to walk to a park.
Another thing that seems to be very important to a lot of folks(not us) is having inside hallways versus outside and balcony's. I totally agree with maxieemom about the amenities, even though you will see posters say that deluxes have a lot more amenities to offer.

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: