Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #1276
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post
I've never heard of Joffres coffee, but everyone seems to be excited about it. Are they also serving this coffee at the resort's CS?
I didn't ask, but the coffee in Pepper Market was good so maybe they are?
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #1277
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
I didn't ask, but the coffee in Pepper Market was good so maybe they are?
Great. Things are looking up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #1278
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupp2217 View Post
Thanks Capegirl. VACamm, my advice is to walk to Casita bus stop 2 to be the first one on for rope drops or any morning parks. Or request that area.
Good idea. I may have to rethink our room location.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #1279
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Personally, I'm kind if over the bus service. Even though CSR has some of the best I've encountered, I'm still going to drive! The worst was ASM!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #1280
Ready to go in Ok
Those suckers can attack from a distance
I laugh at me too sometimes
I would totally rock the big hair again!
Simmah Dan Nah!

Subscribing! First CSR stay this December and I'm excited. People do seem to love or hate this resort from the reviews and comments I've read, but I'm looking forward to it!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #1281
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Capegirl. VACamm, my advice is to walk to Casita bus stop 2 to be the first one on for rope drops or any morning parks. Or request that area.
Hmmmmm that's a great idea actually! Im going to try that
Old 06-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #1282
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We here now in Cabanas. Bus service hasn't been good at all. This morning we waited over an hour for an Animal Kingdom bus for Early hour park. Three full buses passed us by. Several people called to complain and FINALLY an empty bus was sent. It's 8:30 and still not there. This happened for DTD one night also. People missed ADRs. Disappointing to say the least.
Just curious, was the issue that no AK buses came for an hour or that they came but were full when they got to Stop 1?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #1283
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

I'm just going to toss in my 2 cents worth here ....

We visited during Spring Break and the place was full. We never encountered ANY bus problems whatsoever. I think the bus issues are pretty-much a fluke - just like anything else can be.

On any typical given day, the bus service at CSR is great!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #1284
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I'm just going to toss in my 2 cents worth here ....

We visited during Spring Break and the place was full. We never encountered ANY bus problems whatsoever. I think the bus issues are pretty-much a fluke - just like anything else can be.

On any typical given day, the bus service at CSR is great!

I agree. We've stayed at CSR twice at Christmas time, the busiest time of year and the bus service was great.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #1285
disd55
Mouseketeer

I was at CSR in August 2011, only mod we stayed at and absolutely hated it. All the deluxes that we stayed at had better bus service than CSR. We waited for 30 minutes under the bus shelter in pouring rain for buses. I honestly think they have the worst bus service we encountered.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1286
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
I was at CSR in August 2011, only mod we stayed at and absolutely hated it. All the deluxes that we stayed at had better bus service than CSR. We waited for 30 minutes under the bus shelter in pouring rain for buses. I honestly think they have the worst bus service we encountered.
I beg to differ... the whole Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC and BW loop is horrible! That is way too many large resorts on one bus!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #1287
disd55
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post

I beg to differ... the whole Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC and BW loop is horrible! That is way too many large resorts on one bus!
I stayed at BW and we had to pick up at all those resorts....guess it was just time of year or we caught them at a good time because it was just us (family of 4) and a mother with two kids who got on at Dolphin. No one at Swan, BC or YC. And it was going to MK, a busy park. That is a bad bus loop but it's really not bad at certain times. CSR is probably worst of all the mods.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #1288
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Question: if we get breakfast at Cafe Rix like muffins etc.... Are there tables around to eat?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #1289
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disd55 View Post
I stayed at BW and we had to pick up at all those resorts....guess it was just time of year or we caught them at a good time because it was just us (family of 4) and a mother with two kids who got on at Dolphin. No one at Swan, BC or YC. And it was going to MK, a busy park. That is a bad bus loop but it's really not bad at certain times. CSR is probably worst of all the mods.
Sorry you had a bad experience at CSR, but its generally known on Disboards that CSR has the most consistently good bus service at WDW. The combination of buses coming quick and the short rides because of the central location can't be beat. Our last trip to CSR was at Christmas time for a full 14 nights/15 days, we never waited longer than 10 mins for a bus ever. Most times less than 5 mins. None of the Deluxes can come close to matching this service, they share buses and they don't send as many buses to the resort because they have smaller occupancy and most are using monorail, boat, or walking.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #1290
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Question: if we get breakfast at Cafe Rix like muffins etc.... Are there tables around to eat?
There are a small number of tables inside the Rix Lounge dedicated for Rix Cafe and there are lots of tables right outside.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: