Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #1141
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,467

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Thank you!!! Do you know if they sell detergent / dryer sheets in the laundry room?
When I was there in April 2012, I did a few loads of laundry. We were in Cabanas 9A - right by the pool and the laundry room. (awesome location!!) It was pretty handy to just do a load and enjoy the pool at the same time!!

At that time, a load of wash was $2 and a dryer load was $2. There was a typical laundry soap vending machine and also a vending machine for sodas and one for munchies.

It was very nicely kept and nice and clean. There was also a change machine so you could get the quarters.

This is the Cabanas quiet pool and the laundry room is in the far-right of that building you see there by the pool.



IMGP7077 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr


IMGP7833 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #1142
cceandme
Mouseketeer
 
cceandme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Stem, NC
Posts: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
When I was there in April 2012, I did a few loads of laundry. We were in Cabanas 9A - right by the pool and the laundry room. (awesome location!!) It was pretty handy to just do a load and enjoy the pool at the same time!!

At that time, a load of wash was $2 and a dryer load was $2. There was a typical laundry soap vending machine and also a vending machine for sodas and one for munchies.

It was very nicely kept and nice and clean. There was also a change machine so you could get the quarters.

This is the Cabanas quiet pool and the laundry room is in the far-right of that building you see there by the pool.

Did the dryers take along time todry clothes?
__________________


Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
cceandme is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #1143
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,467

Quote:
Originally Posted by cceandme View Post
Did the dryers take along time todry clothes?
No. Just what I would consider "normal".

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 05-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #1144
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,190

Wow, that laundry room is huge!!! So many washers and dryers!

Thanks for the info
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #1145
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,467

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Wow, that laundry room is huge!!! So many washers and dryers!

Thanks for the info
Not a problem!! Glad to be of help!

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #1146
Aquatic
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33

We were at CSR last week and did a load. Unfortunately, the washing machine we used was not very good with taking water out of the clothes during the spin cycle part. Our clothes were dripping and I ended up wringing all the items by hand before putting them in the dryer. I had to run the dryer twice to get everything dry. What I experienced was probably just a fluke. The laundry room was clean, and had tons of machines (I just happened to pick a temperamental one).
Aquatic is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #1147
AMJRMGKR
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3

What should I request on my room reservation ? I want to be close to the theme pool and the food court . Thanks.
AMJRMGKR is offline  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #1148
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJRMGKR View Post
What should I request on my room reservation ? I want to be close to the theme pool and the food court. Thanks.
Word your request just like that.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #1149
j67bubba
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 36

Bringing Twins in July

Hi all, I have read alot of what everyone has said here and all I can say is thank you for this site!

We will be visiting July 4 - 9. We have twin 6 year old girls that are on cloud nine about coming to see Mickey and all the Princesses.

I am doing my best to make this vaction one with few worries and all but fun for the little ones. So far I have us booked at the CSR (water view room) and have the 4-day Magic Your way tickets but no meal plan (was just not in budget).

Thanks to this site I Noticed that there will be a US Open Karate event located at CSR while we are there. So I imagine it will be pretty crowded?

Any suggestions on do's and don'ts for us while at CSR?
Private messages are welcomed.
Thank you in advance

John - Lawton Ok.
j67bubba is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #1150
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran
 
auntfrannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 1,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by j67bubba View Post
Hi all, I have read alot of what everyone has said here and all I can say is thank you for this site!

We will be visiting July 4 - 9. We have twin 6 year old girls that are on cloud nine about coming to see Mickey and all the Princesses.

I am doing my best to make this vaction one with few worries and all but fun for the little ones. So far I have us booked at the CSR (water view room) and have the 4-day Magic Your way tickets but no meal plan (was just not in budget).

Thanks to this site I Noticed that there will be a US Open Karate event located at CSR while we are there. So I imagine it will be pretty crowded?

Any suggestions on do's and don'ts for us while at CSR?
Private messages are welcomed.
Thank you in advance

John - Lawton Ok.
John, there was a huge Chico's conference when I was there earlier this month. They really didn't have an impact on the resort except for the day they arrived/left. I guess they were using their free time at the pools and parks. I only noticed that the pools and buses were crowded one day. In general I think conference attendees are so busy at the conference center that you don't notice them much during the day.

In the evening Rix Lounge was busy but other than seeing a lot of women walking to & from the conference I really didn't see an impact. Have fun! It's a beautiful resort!
auntfrannie is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #1151
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by j67bubba View Post
Hi all, I have read alot of what everyone has said here and all I can say is thank you for this site!

We will be visiting July 4 - 9. We have twin 6 year old girls that are on cloud nine about coming to see Mickey and all the Princesses.

I am doing my best to make this vaction one with few worries and all but fun for the little ones. So far I have us booked at the CSR (water view room) and have the 4-day Magic Your way tickets but no meal plan (was just not in budget).

Thanks to this site I Noticed that there will be a US Open Karate event located at CSR while we are there. So I imagine it will be pretty crowded?

Any suggestions on do's and don'ts for us while at CSR?
Private messages are welcomed.
Thank you in advance

John - Lawton Ok.
John: Welcome to the Dis!! (I don't think you can do Private Messages until you have more posts -- 15 I believe.)

I agree with auntfrannie -- don't let a conference at CSR worry you. I have stayed there many times and don't think I've been there when there wasn't some type of conference going on!

The pool area (The Dig Site) is one of the best on WDW property! Your girls will love it! The awesome pool bar is an added bonus for mom and dad!

The grounds are beautiful. The resort is huge so never really feels crowded. El Centro (the lobby area) will be crowded certain times, but mostly on days when the conventioneers are checking in/out.

I can't think of any "Don'ts" for CSR; lots of "Do's"!! Besides the Dig Site, the quiet pools are nice. Hammocks by the water - so relaxing! CSR has a Health Club/Spa you should check out! Walk the grounds - beautiful!

At check-in you will receive an Activity sheet in your Welcome Packet. My last visit was February:
1:00-3:00pm daily - Poolside Activities (games).
3:00pm Pool Fiesta - the daily pool party.
4:00pm - more games.
5:15pm: Poolside Campfire.
7:00pm - Movie Under the Stars (that will be later in July since it's still light at 7pm!! )

My suggestion, especially with young children, would be to hit the parks early; come back to the resort mid-day, during the heat of the day, to enjoy the resort and pool; head back to the parks late afternoon/early evening.

Have a magical vacation!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #1152
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,190

Has anyone used Garden Grocer for CSR deliveries? I have used them before at the BC/YC, but never anywhere else?

Any problems having deliveries there?
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #1153
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer
 
Rapunzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Has anyone used Garden Grocer for CSR deliveries? I have used them before at the BC/YC, but never anywhere else?

Any problems having deliveries there?
Used them for ASMo before but not CSR, curious about this as well!
__________________
~Robyn
2007 ~ ASMo
2009 ~ ASMo
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454


Rapunzel is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #1154
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Has anyone used Garden Grocer for CSR deliveries? I have used them before at the BC/YC, but never anywhere else?

Any problems having deliveries there?
Yep, we used GG for both our CSR stays. Service from GG and Bell services at CSR was great! Both times our order was waiting for us at Bell services when we arrived. They keep your milk in the fridge for you and delivered to our room with our luggage. The whole transaction was seamless.
saskdw is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #1155
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Yep, we used GG for both our CSR stays. Service from GG and Bell services at CSR was great! Both times our order was waiting for us at Bell services when we arrived. They keep your milk in the fridge for you and delivered to our room with our luggage. The whole transaction was seamless.
Thank you so much!!!

I just placed my order
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: