Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #1126
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

So, the only way to request a microwave is when you check in at the resort? Like, face to face, with a CM?
What about the room? Didn't people used to fax in a request? Should I call to add the request? I didn't do it when I booked.
Last time, even though I requested Cabanas (just like I had the last 3 trips), I didn't get it. Instead, I was in Casitas. I asked about Cabanas, and the CM said no rooms were available there. I then asked about moving over there for a partial stay. She said it still wouldn't work, which I really find hard to believe. Anyway, I was exhausted and carrying a sleeping infant, so we just took Casitas. It was ok. I enjoyed being close to the Dig Site and we were also pretty close to a quiet pool. I just really dislike the theming in that section.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
Old 05-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #1127
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Does CSR have a laundry facility?
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #1128
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Does CSR have a laundry facility?
A 24-hour self-service laundry room is adjacent to each of the 3 quiet village pools. Machine tokens can be purchased at the laundry room.
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 05-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #1129
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
So, the only way to request a microwave is when you check in at the resort? Like, face to face, with a CM?
What about the room? Didn't people used to fax in a request? Should I call to add the request? I didn't do it when I booked.
Last time, even though I requested Cabanas (just like I had the last 3 trips), I didn't get it. Instead, I was in Casitas. I asked about Cabanas, and the CM said no rooms were available there. I then asked about moving over there for a partial stay. She said it still wouldn't work, which I really find hard to believe. Anyway, I was exhausted and carrying a sleeping infant, so we just took Casitas. It was ok. I enjoyed being close to the Dig Site and we were also pretty close to a quiet pool. I just really dislike the theming in that section.
Yes, the only way to request a microwave is when you check in with the CM checking you in.

Yes, they used to accept faxes, but they stopped a few years ago. I would call and put your request in with whoever you made your reservation with. We have never had a hard time getting the section we asked for (we asked for Casitas 7 of our 10 stays and always got it).
Old 05-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #1130
lupp2217
Loving Disney

We have always gotten room requests by inquiring at check in. However, we have never stayed at CSR. From those of you with experience, is it better to do online check in or just wait until we get there? We will be there around 9 a.m. next Wednesday. We really would like cabanas or ranchos 7b. Any advice would be appreciated! TIA!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #1131
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post

A 24-hour self-service laundry room is adjacent to each of the 3 quiet village pools. Machine tokens can be purchased at the laundry room.
Thank you!!! Do you know if they sell detergent / dryer sheets in the laundry room?
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 05-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #1132
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
For the microwave yes you have to request at check-in. Why? I'm guessing if they have say 20 microwaves they give them out to the guests who request when checking in. With the limited amount they aren't going to hold a microwave for a guest checking in next week when there is one who wants it now.

I did call in and put a room request in, but it wasn't honored with the original room assignment. I can only speak from personal experience and I haven't had any problem getting the CM checking us in to assign a better room. Like many things in life I suppose it can depends who is asking and how they ask and also which CM you are dealing with. My wife says I intimidate people and thats why I get what I want, if that is the case its not something I'm doing intentionally. My request went something like this:

" It should say there that we requested Casitas 4 top floor and we payed for a waterview. Seeing as we are staying here for a full 14 nights it would be really great if you could honor that request"

CM says " Oh, I do see your request there. Just give me a couple of minutes"

Two minutes later she gave me 6 rooms in Casitas 4 to choose from. We picked one and thanked her very much! Seemed simple to me Had the CM been less helpful I may have asked for a manager, but the CM was great.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #1133
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupp2217 View Post
We have always gotten room requests by inquiring at check in. However, we have never stayed at CSR. From those of you with experience, is it better to do online check in or just wait until we get there? We will be there around 9 a.m. next Wednesday. We really would like cabanas or ranchos 7b. Any advice would be appreciated! TIA!
I made my requests with a CM on the phone prior to my arrival. I actually had 4 requests and they were all honored!

I stayed in 7A which I thought was a great location.

I was told by a CM that making them before arrival you have more chance at getting them. As the rooms are assigned for your arrival day, they look at requests and try to fulfill them when blocking rooms. If you wait until check-in rooms with your request could already be occupied.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

Old 05-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #1134
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupp2217 View Post
I don't use online check-in. There doesn't seem to be any point if I know there is a good chance I will want a different room and they have to do everything over anyway.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #1135
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
I made my requests with a CM on the phone prior to my arrival. I actually had 4 requests and they were all honored!

I stayed in 7A which I thought was a great location.

I was told by a CM that making them before arrival you have more chance at getting them. As the rooms are assigned for your arrival day, they look at requests and try to fulfill them when blocking rooms. If you wait until check-in rooms with your request could already be occupied.
I agree you should make the request ahead of time as well, but don't count on them being honored. The requests get noted on the account, but its not a person who makes the initial room assignment. Its done by a software app now. Our requests weren't honored by that app the last two times. In 2008 when CBR was still taking fax request and an actual person was assiging the rooms all our requests were honored prior to arrival.

On a side note no one requests Ranchos 7A so those request were easy to honor!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #1136
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammilynne View Post
Started packing today... are there hair dryers at CS??? Just wondering if I need to pack mine
Yes, they have "real" hairdryers hanging in a bag on the clothes rod. They don't have the wall-mounted ones.

Have fun!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #1137
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys

Yes, they have "real" hairdryers hanging in a bag on the clothes rod. They don't have the wall-mounted ones.

Have fun!
Thank you!!!!

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
Old 05-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #1138
Rapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Thank you!!! Do you know if they sell detergent / dryer sheets in the laundry room?
I know for sure that the values do, so I would imagine they do too? I actually found the info on the disney website about the laundry facilities...
2012 ~ PoP

Type 1 Diabetes & the World: A July Trip Report!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960454

Old 05-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #1139
lupp2217
Loving Disney

Thanks for the replies about online check in. I have my requests noted on our reservation already but wanted to know if online check in or regular check in would be better for those requests to be honored. We have never done online in the past so I think I won't again.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #1140
Disney Sheri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
I know for sure that the values do, so I would imagine they do too? I actually found the info on the disney website about the laundry facilities...
We were there last year and they had them in the facilities.

Sheri
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: