Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #1096
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
I had this issue too. I am pretty sure its Pop Warner as someone said they usually block off rooms starting the 5th and when I changed my check out date to the 5th I have full availability. Sigh. Sounds like Pop Warner will be at CSR. Do you think if I call they will tell me which hotels have blocks of rooms for Pop Warner??
I doubt they would tell you if they even knew. I just checked the site again and it has not listed hotels yet. But I've had several people tell me they've tried to book CBR as well and it is pretty full that week...they only have Preferred, King and Pirate rooms available. All standard rooms are booked. It could be that people are booking at CSR thinking they'll be at CBR or vice versa. I really don't think they decide until later in the summer which resorts are being used.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #1097
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

I just called Disney again. I guess I am more worried about this Pop Warner thing than I should be.

I started talking to a cast member via chat. He said that Pop Warner is usually at Values but that he didn't have that information and gave me the conventions number. So i called them and asked for the list of conventions at CSR the first week in December, she said she didn't have that information this far out. I explained to her what I did online and how I had heard Pop Warner blocks off rooms starting the 5th so I was worried about that. She said she could transfer me to Sports Travel to see if they knew. So she transferred me there and there was a choice for Pop Warner. I chose that and asked the man who answered what hotels had rooms blocked off for Pop Warner (maybe he would think I was a parent or something) and he said that information has not been determined yet and to check back in June or July when that information is determined.

Thus, I conclude its some other big convention that starts on the 5th. I'm also going to try emailing Disney meetings too.

I will keep everyone posted!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #1098
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

The cheerleaders for the Disney Christmas parade are at CSR that weekend for the parade filming at MK. They stay at CSR every year and are well behaved. Last year was the first time Pop Warner has every used CSR. And that was because POR was under rehab. Doubt they will be back. And most do stay at the values cause its cheaper.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #1099
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy18 View Post
The cheerleaders for the Disney Christmas parade are at CSR that weekend for the parade filming at MK. They stay at CSR every year and are well behaved. Last year was the first time Pop Warner has every used CSR. And that was because POR was under rehab. Doubt they will be back. And most do stay at the values cause its cheaper.
Thanks for the info! I forgot all about the parade taping! I bet that's it. Thanks!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #1100
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any pics of a business club rooms? The bathroom area?
I looked on buzz's site but wanted to see any recent ones from peoples trips

thanks

AoA LM Sept/Oct 2012
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #1101
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Well, I decided I couldn't let my parents and my sister and her family have all the fun.....so We are going to join them also!! Can't wait to check out this resort, have always wanted to stay here!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #1102
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Thanks for all the info on the AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy18 View Post
Yes, I believe all WDW resorts do
If this is the case (that all resorts have motion sensor AC), then what is the deal with AoA's set up? Why has it been such a big gripe for everyone who has stayed at AoA? Apparently there the AC just shuts off when there's no movement, causing it to get very warm while you are sleeping and while you are out. So much so, people are bringing balloons just to keep movement so the AC doesn't shut off. I've only heard complaints about this at AoA but is this how CSR's is? We did not have this same set up at POR or Poly which is why I thought maybe it was some kind of green initiative in the new AoA
Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #1103
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Thanks for all the info on the AC.

If this is the case (that all resorts have motion sensor AC), then what is the deal with AoA's set up? Why has it been such a big gripe for everyone who has stayed at AoA? Apparently there the AC just shuts off when there's no movement, causing it to get very warm while you are sleeping and while you are out. So much so, people are bringing balloons just to keep movement so the AC doesn't shut off. I've only heard complaints about this at AoA but is this how CSR's is? We did not have this same set up at POR or Poly which is why I thought maybe it was some kind of green initiative in the new AoA
Pop century does not have motion sensors for the AC (at lest in our room right now). If I had this issue, I would be calling the front desk and having them get maintenance to override the motions sensors and I would not accept no for an answer. We have to set our thermostat to 65 here just to keep comfortable.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #1104
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

All the resorts do NOT have the motion sensor A/C units. We've stayed at POFQ, Pop and All-Star Sports and I know none of them have the same type of unit CSR has. I don't remember about WL. I know to use the bypass when we're there so we can re-set the unit to a comfortable temp.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #1105
dayzee1983
Mouseketeer

Talking Now more excited than ever!

I was unsure when I booked me and DH's vacation to this resort. I had read some not so nice reviews. I heard it was dated- didn't find all too many photos online and didn't find Disney's site too productive with shots to showcase how much this resort has to offer.... I am not totally excited and look forward to adult time for my belated honeymoon with my sweetheart! This resort looks like a blast and so beautiful! Thank you to all the photos that have been shared and all the extras that I would never have known about otherwise Thanks for your details!!!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #1106
namvet66
Earning My Ears

Yahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Well, I decided I couldn't let my parents and my sister and her family have all the fun.....so We are going to join them also!! Can't wait to check out this resort, have always wanted to stay here!!
Happy we all will be at WDW together

namvet66
Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #1107
49rt67
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there is a hair wrapping kiosk at CRS? My daughter is hoping to have her hair wrapped.
11/06 Pop Century
09/04 All-Star Music
11/01 Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/99 All-Star Movie
10/97 All-Star Sports
11/95 All-Star Sports
11/94 All Star Sports
Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #1108
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49rt67 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a hair wrapping kiosk at CRS? My daughter is hoping to have her hair wrapped.
No, at least not when I was there last.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #1109
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49rt67 View Post
I have never seen that there either.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #1110
KatMark
DIS Veteran

It's been years since they had the hair wrap thing at the CSR.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: