Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #1006
MrsDopey
I Love Dopey!!

Kiddie pool

Does anyone know how "deep" the water in the kiddie pool is?
Its hard to tell from the pictures- it looks more like a splash pad than a pool!

Melissa in CT

2/08- POFQ-7 days
12/08 CBR-10 days
12/09- POR- 10 days
9/11- POFQ-10days
6/13-CSR- 7 days

Me DH DD : DD
Old 05-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #1007
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDopey View Post
Does anyone know how "deep" the water in the kiddie pool is?
Its hard to tell from the pictures- it looks more like a splash pad than a pool!
I think you might be right .... just a splash pad.

IMGP0549 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #1008
MrsDopey
I Love Dopey!!

Thank you! it is so hard to find a good pic/description of this area.

We are rounding up the Mods by staying at CSR for a convention in June!
Will be nice to have a place for my 11 month old to cool off and play!

Melissa in CT

2/08- POFQ-7 days
12/08 CBR-10 days
12/09- POR- 10 days
9/11- POFQ-10days
6/13-CSR- 7 days

Me DH DD : DD
Old 05-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #1009
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:

Looks like a perfect area for that age!! Have fun!

Old 05-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #1010
javail
Earning My Ears

Quote:

It is just a few inches deep with some water fountain/jets in the middle. Perfect for the little one!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #1011
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
I'm just finishing my 10 day stay at Coronado Springs in the business class. This has been a wonderful stay! This was my first time at CS and I am very impressed with how beautiful the grounds are. I am in room 9530 in Cabanas 9B. Looking out my window now I have a wonderful view of the front lake.

The CMs in the lounge have been so friendly and willing to help in any way. Their morning offerings are perfect for a quick breakfast before heading to the parks.

I can understand why so many people say this is their favorite moderate.
I stayed in 9530 in early april. I loved the location and the view of the lake.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 AM   #1012
klc318
Longtime Lurker, Sometimes Poster

I've finally made it through this entire thread! It only took me four days!

I have been going back and forth between POR, FQ and CSR and you have all convinced me to stay at CSR this fall. DD8 is very excited about the dig site! We have done POP mostly in the past. We wanted to upgrade this year to a mod and we definitely wanted queen beds, better buses (hopefully). I know busing can be unpredictable, but from most reviews CSR is great.

My main concern is PM, especially b/c DD has severe food allergies(tree nuts and dairy are the main ones, she also has reactions to fruit so her options are very limited). We don't usually eat too much at the resort so this isn't a deal breaker. DS will be 1 when we go and the splash area/kiddie pool looks like fun for him, although he'll probably be napping when we hit the pool most days.

So I have a few questions.
1. Should I be concerned that all preferred rooms are unavailable at the resort for my dates? There is a convention scheduled for the last few days of the trip. The only rooms available are standard, water view and BC. Which is fine I would have booked standard anyway. POR has preferred available. Just worried about crowds on the buses. This is one of the main reasons I'm going with CSR.

2. Has anyone dealt with food allergies at CSR? What kind of experience did you have? I've been to the disAbilities board and read a few reports there too. It seems like Disney has gone downhill a bit in regards to allergy accommodations.

3. Pop was always so crowded, busy and noisy, bus stops crazy especially at night. Trying to get away from most of that. How do they compare in this way?

Thanks! Getting very excited!

Nov 2003 ASMu ~ Sept 2009 Pop ~ Sept 2011 Pop ~ Sept 2013 CSR ~ Sept 2014 CSR

Last edited by klc318; 05-09-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #1013
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc318 View Post
I've finally made it through this entire thread! It only took me four days!

I have been going back and forth between POR, FQ and CSR and you have all convinced me to stay at CSR this fall. DD8 is very excited about the dig site! We have done POP mostly in the past. We wanted to upgrade this year to a mod and we definitely wanted queen beds, better buses (hopefully). I know busing can be unpredictable, but from most reviews CSR is great.

My main concern is PM, especially b/c DD has severe food allergies(tree nuts and dairy are the main ones, she also has reactions to fruit so her options are very limited). We don't usually eat too much at the resort so this isn't a deal breaker. DS will be 1 when we go and the splash area/kiddie pool looks like fun for him, although he'll probably be napping when we hit the pool most days.

So I have a few questions.
1. Should I be concerned that all preferred rooms are unavailable at the resort for my dates? There is a convention scheduled for the last few days of the trip. The only rooms available are standard, water view and BC. Which is fine I would have booked standard anyway. POR has preferred available. Just worried about crowds on the buses. This is one of the main reasons I'm going with CSR.

2. Has anyone dealt with food allergies at CSR? What kind of experience did you have? I've been to the disAbilities board and read a few reports there too. It seems like Disney has gone downhill a bit in regards to allergy accommodations.

3. Pop was always so crowded, busy and noisy, bus stops crazy especially at night. Trying to get away from most of that. How do they compare in this way?

Thanks! Getting very excited!
1. You probably won't even notice conventionears there very much. There were two different conventions going on all but one day of our week-long stay and I actually "saw" some of them ONCE. I never saw them on the buses.

2. I have much of the same allergies as your DD. (Fruit, nuts) I have never had any trouble at WDW. There are plenty of options. Whenever we eat out at the Disney restaurants, just mention allergies and the chef will come out and walk you through the entire menu or buffet to advise what food items contain what allergens, i.e., what to stay away from and what you can eat. It's very helpful.

3. My experience of the buses "at night" was mostly returning from the parks. Even the buses to CSR after the closing of a park was pretty crowded. But we found that they generally came pretty quickly and it wasn't that big a deal. The rest of the time we had zero issues with the buses.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #1014
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
I'm just finishing my 10 day stay at Coronado Springs in the business class. This has been a wonderful stay! This was my first time at CS and I am very impressed with how beautiful the grounds are. I am in room 9530 in Cabanas 9B. Looking out my window now I have a wonderful view of the front lake.

The CMs in the lounge have been so friendly and willing to help in any way. Their morning offerings are perfect for a quick breakfast before heading to the parks.

I can understand why so many people say this is their favorite moderate.
We are considering a stay at CSR next year. I am going back and forth between a preferred room and business class. We have stayed at CBR in preferred rooms. I like the proximity to the "food court". Traveling on the bus doesn't bother me, but a full bus and having to wait for a second bus does.

Do you (or anyone for that matter ) think we may be better off in a preferred location for bus #2 vs. business class?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #1015
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I am glad that OP posted about this splash pad.. Didn't even realize they had it... What about the big pool? is that more for older kids?
Right now I am trying to decide between CSR and CBR.. Love the theming of CSR rooms and overall theme but CBR's pirate water area is really tempting me....

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #1016
klc318
Longtime Lurker, Sometimes Poster

Thanks for the reply! We've always had great experiences with her allergies at WDW. The chefs are great and always had something for her. From what I've been reading, though, they have changed some of the vendors and don't carry divvies anymore or some of the other dairy/nut free products like the hamburger rolls. Mostly just gluten free now. So I'm just a little concerned. I know PM isn't Disney owned so that's what made me hesitate there.

I'm sure Disney will come through for us as always! I will be emailing about her allergies prior to check-in so I hope to receive some assurances then.

I ended up booking CSR this morning anyway! YAY!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Nov 2003 ASMu ~ Sept 2009 Pop ~ Sept 2011 Pop ~ Sept 2013 CSR ~ Sept 2014 CSR

Old 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #1017
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I am glad that OP posted about this splash pad.. Didn't even realize they had it... What about the big pool? is that more for older kids?
Right now I am trying to decide between CSR and CBR.. Love the theming of CSR rooms and overall theme but CBR's pirate water area is really tempting me....
The CSR pool area (The Dig Site) is an awesome pool!! This pool is for ANYONE! I saw quite a few little kids at The Dig Site. They also have the life jackets you can use if you want. The little 3 y/o's were going down the slide like nobody's business!! Very fun!

And don't forget that CSR has queen beds!!

IMGP0548 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0498 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7132 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0512 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7135 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7093 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7034 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #1018
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great pics!!

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #1019
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cceandme View Post
thanks for the great pics!!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #1020
PR-DISNEY
Mouseketeer

Refridgerator questions

Can someone tell me if a half gallon of milk will fit in the fridge? Can I take the shelves out? We are ordering from Garden Grocer and not sure what will fit. Any help would be appreciated. Also first time using Garden Grocer but have read many nice reviews of them. Can't wait to get to CSR! 22 days and counting!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: