Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #76
party-of-five
Mouseketeer
 
party-of-five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central MA
Posts: 284

Kathy, that is so cool. I hope everything goes to plan and you have an awesome vacation.

We're planning to surprise the kids on Sunday, 12/9. (The day before we leave) When we come home from Mass, there will be boxes under the Xmas tree wrapped in Disney Xmas paper. I'm hoping to get some balloons too. Inside the box will be a letter detailing our trip as well as fun things to do on the plane, Disney pins, autograph book, a journal, and little fun things like that. I cant wait to see their faces.

We've been talking about going back for years. first we wanted to wait for my son to be tall enough for the "big kid" rides. then we had a baby arriving. and then the baby has been sick with severe reflux and multiple food allergies since birth. the kids have been so patient and have assumed we wont go back until we have a better handle on the baby's allergies. So excited for this trip.... it's been a long year!
__________________
DH Me DS12 DD10 DS7 DS1
party-of-five is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #77
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
Kathy, that is so cool. I hope everything goes to plan and you have an awesome vacation.

We're planning to surprise the kids on Sunday, 12/9. (The day before we leave) When we come home from Mass, there will be boxes under the Xmas tree wrapped in Disney Xmas paper. I'm hoping to get some balloons too. Inside the box will be a letter detailing our trip as well as fun things to do on the plane, Disney pins, autograph book, a journal, and little fun things like that. I cant wait to see their faces.

We've been talking about going back for years. first we wanted to wait for my son to be tall enough for the "big kid" rides. then we had a baby arriving. and then the baby has been sick with severe reflux and multiple food allergies since birth. the kids have been so patient and have assumed we wont go back until we have a better handle on the baby's allergies. So excited for this trip.... it's been a long year!
That sounds like a wonderful surprise and I'm glad you are able to go. Best wishes that the baby's situation improves.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #78
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer
 
LisaKeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 269

Wahoo! Your surprise plans are So exciting!!! I think the set-up you've planned is perfect - can hardly wait for it all to come to life. Have a FANTASTIC birthday/holiday celebration.

Looking forward to the TR.
__________________
Celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary!

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
LisaKeys is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #79
party-of-five
Mouseketeer
 
party-of-five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central MA
Posts: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
That sounds like a wonderful surprise and I'm glad you are able to go. Best wishes that the baby's situation improves.

Thank you Kathy. He is a cutie, and a big Mickey fan! Fortunately he is at an age where I can bring his food with us and he doesn't know what he's missing as far as treats go.

Let us know how the surprise goes!

Jen
__________________
DH Me DS12 DD10 DS7 DS1
party-of-five is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #80
JohnO
Mouseketeer
 
JohnO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Summerville, SC ( 392 Mi from WDW)
Posts: 466

22 more days !!
__________________
WDW & DCL Sept. 09 Trip Report
1977 - Disneyland, 1989 - Disneyland, 1994 - WDW All Star Sports, 1995 - WDW Old Key West, 1998 - WDW Holiday Inn Maingate, 1999 - WDW Off Property, 2006 - WDW All Star Movies 2/8 -2/16, 2007 - WDW Pop Century 2/4 - 2/14, 2007- WDW All Star Music 9/11 - 9/17, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies 10/27 - 10/30, 2008 - DCL Disney Wonder 10/20 - 11/2, 2009 - WDW All Star Movies 9/21 - 9/27, 2009 - DCL Disney Wonder 9/27 - 10/1, 2010- WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25, 2010 7nt Estrn Cruise Disney Magic10/23 - 10/30, WDW CSR 10/30 - 11/2, 2012- WDW POR 1/8 - 1/15

JohnO is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #81
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,139

Hey KatMark, we'll be there at the same time. My trip is a sort of surprise too - and I don't know how to pull it off - maybe you can help!

My cousin will be there with her family that week for her daughter's band trip. My cousin went to WDW with me in 1986 when we were in high school, she hasn't been back since, I go 2, 3 or 4X a year. I half jokingly planned to take my kids that week, but with wrestling they can't get away, so we dropped it. My cousin was so disappointed that we weren't going, she's super stressed about being there & not really knowing anything about WDW.

I booked a 3-nt trip last week to go when they're there, with another one of my Disney pals. I haven't told my cousin, I want to surprise her - but have no idea how! She has a planning meeting tonight at school & she'll get their itinerary which she will give to me. I'm hoping to maybe find out exactly when/where her daughter's band is playing, and just show up - but finding them will be like finding a needle in a haystack. The only person in the family that texts is the daughter - so I won't be able to contact her while she's performing, so I will have no way of knowing exactly where my cousin is watching the parade/band.

They're staying offsite so I can't meet them at their hotel, I'll be relying on Disney transportation. Any suggestions how to surprise them in WDW?
__________________



AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #82
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,130

Tara -- When I'm up here in PA, and my brother would go to WDW with his family, I would make him call me from the park just so I could "hear" the sounds and music, etc. and feel like I was "there" with them.

I wonder if you could have your cousin CALL (not text) you while she's waiting after she gets in her spot to watch the band. While you're chatting, casually ask her where she's standing to watch -- suggesting that maybe you could possibly get her to a better viewing spot. (obviously don't let her hear any background noise of where YOU are since you'd be relatively close) Then sigh - and say you wish you were there to see her band perform, etc. and then show up and surprise her a few minutes later!!

Maybe even get a photographer to capture her surprise, or just hand your own camera to someone before you get close enough for her to see you!!

Have fun!!


.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #83
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,139

Oh yeah good idea, I didn't even think to call her! Hopefully she will pick up, you know how loud it can be in WDW. My friend coming along with me will be staged somewhere with my camera to capture it - hopefully!

I have a friend that works in WDW, I was thinking of telling my cousin that my friend wanted to come see the parade with the band, so to keep checking her phone for me to call & get their exact location, so that my friend could meet my cousin.

What Philly 'burb are you in? DH works in Newtown Square.
__________________



AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #84
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Hey KatMark, we'll be there at the same time. My trip is a sort of surprise too - and I don't know how to pull it off - maybe you can help!

My cousin will be there with her family that week for her daughter's band trip. My cousin went to WDW with me in 1986 when we were in high school, she hasn't been back since, I go 2, 3 or 4X a year. I half jokingly planned to take my kids that week, but with wrestling they can't get away, so we dropped it. My cousin was so disappointed that we weren't going, she's super stressed about being there & not really knowing anything about WDW.

I booked a 3-nt trip last week to go when they're there, with another one of my Disney pals. I haven't told my cousin, I want to surprise her - but have no idea how! She has a planning meeting tonight at school & she'll get their itinerary which she will give to me. I'm hoping to maybe find out exactly when/where her daughter's band is playing, and just show up - but finding them will be like finding a needle in a haystack. The only person in the family that texts is the daughter - so I won't be able to contact her while she's performing, so I will have no way of knowing exactly where my cousin is watching the parade/band.

They're staying offsite so I can't meet them at their hotel, I'll be relying on Disney transportation. Any suggestions how to surprise them in WDW?
I have to agree with Ilivetogo's suggestion...I think that is your best bet. I hope you are able to surprise them.

Are you there when I am? If so and you see me, please say hello.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #85
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!
 
IMGONNABE40!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Planning my next adventure!
Posts: 9,101

What building should I request if I want to be close to the fitness center?
__________________
Christine
IMGONNABE40! is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #86
MMlvsMM
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
What building should I request if I want to be close to the fitness center?
casita 4 is where the fitness center is located.
MMlvsMM is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #87
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I have to agree with Ilivetogo's suggestion...I think that is your best bet. I hope you are able to surprise them.

Are you there when I am? If so and you see me, please say hello.
I think we overlap - I'm there Tues PM 12/11 - Friday am 12/14. Short & sweet! I won't be at CSR much, we're doing commando style this time since it's so short. We were just there last month & had a relaxing trip, but not this one. Go go go!

I'll have to look at your trip report for pics of you so I can be on the lookout!
__________________



AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #88
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I think we overlap - I'm there Tues PM 12/11 - Friday am 12/14. Short & sweet! I won't be at CSR much, we're doing commando style this time since it's so short. We were just there last month & had a relaxing trip, but not this one. Go go go!

I'll have to look at your trip report for pics of you so I can be on the lookout!
Boo....we miss you; we fly home the morning of the 11th.

And I meant to say earlier -- congrats on being a wrestling mom; it's the greatest sport in my opinion.
__________________

Last edited by KatMark; 11-29-2012 at 07:18 AM.
KatMark is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #89
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Boo....we miss you; we fly home the morning of the 11th.

And I meant to say earlier -- congrats on being a wrestling mom; it's the greatest sport in my opinion.
Ah darn. Well there's always next time! That's my motto anymore - don't stress over missing something - there's always next time!

Are you a wrestling mom too? DS15 has been doing it since age 4 & is wrestling off next week for a spot on the high school team...stress! He wrestles year round, off season too. DS12 has the 75lb spot on the Middle School team by default - he's the only kid on the team under 75lbs! Its going to be a tough year for both of them, one is moving up from MS to HS, the other fom youth to MS. But hey that's just how it goes.
__________________



AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #90
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Ah darn. Well there's always next time! That's my motto anymore - don't stress over missing something - there's always next time!

Are you a wrestling mom too? DS15 has been doing it since age 4 & is wrestling off next week for a spot on the high school team...stress! He wrestles year round, off season too. DS12 has the 75lb spot on the Middle School team by default - he's the only kid on the team under 75lbs! Its going to be a tough year for both of them, one is moving up from MS to HS, the other fom youth to MS. But hey that's just how it goes.
Although my son no longer wrestles, I will forever be a wrestling mom. Our youngest wrestled from 4th grade through college; he now coaches a varsity high school team in Dubuque, Iowa, and also runs the kids program. I know the stres you feel...but when they do well, it is awesome. I will try to find my "wrestling mom" prayer and send it to you by PM. I do love the sport and we try and go and watch our son coach whenever we can.

Good luck to both of your kids!
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: