Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #691
Princess Marsha
Earning My Ears
 
Princess Marsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
7:00 AM is when you can check in for that day. If you do online check-in and put your arrival time as 7:00 AM and have no requests for location, you might get lucky and have a (previously unoccupied) room ready for you. Otherwise, leave your stuff with Bell Services and they'll text you your room number when it's ready.
Thank you fro the info. I am getting very excited and can not wait! I have 90 days as of today!!!
__________________
Marsha

me & DH

Off property: July 82, July 84 - Trips with my Dad and older brother - I wish I had more memories of these trips
July 86 - Day trip to Disneyland with my Mom, older brother and younger brother
Day trips - Jan 94 - Boot camp graduation weekend, Feb 94 - while on leave after boot camp, Aug 05 - with my older brother and his family
Off property June 2008 and 2011 - again with my older brother and his family
All-star Movies - Aug 2011 - Girls only trip, first on property stay with my best friend
Coronado Springs Resort June 2013 - a fun filled 3 days with my older brother and his family
Princess Marsha is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #692
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...
 
Taylor'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 894

Is anything open late evenings (like after midnight, if we return after a MNSSHP?)... a place to refill mugs, grab food if we're starving, etc
__________________
Me, DH, DD(11)
Taylor'sMom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #693
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5wills View Post
OK, another question about the bus stops. How long of a walk is it from Cabanas 9B and the Bus Stop. It looks to me Bus Stop 4 would be closest rather than Bus Stop 1.
With it(bus stop 4) being the 3rd stop in the bus route, how likely is it to be a problem getting on the bus for a family of 5 (if the bus were full)?
Thanks
No, if you're in Cabanas 9B it's really close to stop 1. Two min walk. If you're in 9A then I would probably go to stop 4. We were in Ranchos 7B Dec 14-28, 2010 and used bus stop 4 the whole trip. We never had a problem getting on the bus. I stood a few times, but no problems getting on and wife/son got seats. It would be a rare thing to not get on the bus, you might have to stand getting on at stop 1 if the resort is busy.
saskdw is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #694
lovestoread
Earning My Ears
 
lovestoread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 39

Smile Choosing a room

My sister and I are bringing our senior citizen mom back to Disney this summer. We are booked for CSR and are very excited. We reserved a "water view" room. Do we ask for a specific location before we get there? Or do they assign you a place when you check-in? Where would be the best place, if we have a choice, with our mom who will be 70.
THANKS!
lovestoread is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #695
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoread View Post
My sister and I are bringing our senior citizen mom back to Disney this summer. We are booked for CSR and are very excited. We reserved a "water view" room. Do we ask for a specific location before we get there? Or do they assign you a place when you check-in? Where would be the best place, if we have a choice, with our mom who will be 70.
THANKS!
You can make a request in advance. If you're not happy with the room assignment when you're checking in you can ask to change then. They are pretty good about it if the resort isn't full. As for location, what do you want to be closest to?
saskdw is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #696
lovestoread
Earning My Ears
 
lovestoread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
You can make a request in advance. If you're not happy with the room assignment when you're checking in you can ask to change then. They are pretty good about it if the resort isn't full. As for location, what do you want to be closest to?
We are thinking we should probably be close to a bus stop. That way when we get back at night it's not a crazy walk to our room. Maybe a pool, too.
lovestoread is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #697
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoread View Post
We are thinking we should probably be close to a bus stop. That way when we get back at night it's not a crazy walk to our room. Maybe a pool, too.
Cabanas 8A or 8B would have you close to bus stop 4 and very close to the main pool and hot tub. Casitas 4 is very close to stop 2 and has a quiet pool as well as the Spa/fitness club. Those are the best bets with your reservation type.
saskdw is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #698
Cheert789
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 58

I am currently almost to the end of my stay at this hotel and LOVE everything about this hotel EXCEPT the food setup. There is nothing quick and easy about the the quick service area of the food service. Staff wonderful but set up big thumbs down.
Cheert789 is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #699
Spoisal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheert789 View Post
I am currently almost to the end of my stay at this hotel and LOVE everything about this hotel EXCEPT the food setup. There is nothing quick and easy about the the quick service area of the food service. Staff wonderful but set up big thumbs down.
curious - are you talking about the 'grab and go' (Cafe Rix??) or The Pepper Market?
__________________
Stephanie Me, DH, DD17, DD14

Jan 2002 - CR/WL
Jan 2003 - WL
May 2003 - CBR
Nov 2005 - POP
Nov 2008 - POR
Jan/Feb 2011 - BC CL
April 2014 - CSR
Feb 2015 - BC
Spoisal is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #700
VACamm
DIS Veteran
 
VACamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoisal

curious - are you talking about the 'grab and go' (Cafe Rix??) or The Pepper Market?
Im curious about this too because in June we are hoping.for bagels and bacon/egg breakfast sandwiches in the mornings! I am HOPING its quick!
__________________
Have a Disney Day!
VACamm is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #701
Colleen27
DIS Veteran
 
Colleen27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Im curious about this too because in June we are hoping.for bagels and bacon/egg breakfast sandwiches in the mornings! I am HOPING its quick!
Cafe Rix was awesome. Small and with a limited selection but more than adequate for my family - a few hot sandwiches, a good grab-and-go selection in the coolers, and yummy treats at the bakery and gelato counter. It was never overly crowded when we were in there and the service was great. Siestas (at the pool) was fine too; the nachos were just okay but the rest of the menu is solid "pool bar" type foods served hot and fresh, and there was never much of a line.

Pepper Market we didn't care for at all. Between selecting our food from the various stations, a server who was extremely slow with drinks and absent when we were looking for refills, and an apparently on-demand policy regarding having someone at the registers that left us and another family twiddling our thumbs waiting to pay, it took every bit as long as a table service meal would despite retaining a "food court" level of experience. And what's worse, the chips they use for their nachos stink - they're thick and heavy like cheap bagged tortilla chips, not restaurant-style like I'd expected from a Mexican venue (same are used at Siestas, but I'd hoped for better from PM). No big deal, we just stuck to Cafe Rix and Siestas rather than returning to Pepper Market. I thought it was nice having so many choices; at most resorts, if you don't care for the food court you don't have other quick service options.
__________________
~~**Colleen & Crew**~~
POR 10/05 ~ BC 08/07 ~ WL 01/08 ~ CBR 12/09 ~ POP 03/11 TR/ DR
POP 1/12 TR ~ ASSp 5/12 ~ CSR 3/13 ~ POP 4/13 ~ ASMu 12/13


Colleen27 is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #702
VACamm
DIS Veteran
 
VACamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27

Cafe Rix was awesome. Small and with a limited selection but more than adequate for my family - a few hot sandwiches, a good grab-and-go selection in the coolers, and yummy treats at the bakery and gelato counter. It was never overly crowded when we were in there and the service was great. Siestas (at the pool) was fine too; the nachos were just okay but the rest of the menu is solid "pool bar" type foods served hot and fresh, and there was never much of a line.
Great news! Thank you!!
__________________
Have a Disney Day!
VACamm is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #703
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27

Cafe Rix was awesome. Small and with a limited selection but more than adequate for my family - a few hot sandwiches, a good grab-and-go selection in the coolers, and yummy treats at the bakery and gelato counter. It was never overly crowded when we were in there and the service was great. Siestas (at the pool) was fine too; the nachos were just okay but the rest of the menu is solid "pool bar" type foods served hot and fresh, and there was never much of a line.

Pepper Market we didn't care for at all. Between selecting our food from the various stations, a server who was extremely slow with drinks and absent when we were looking for refills, and an apparently on-demand policy regarding having someone at the registers that left us and another family twiddling our thumbs waiting to pay, it took every bit as long as a table service meal would despite retaining a "food court" level of experience. And what's worse, the chips they use for their nachos stink - they're thick and heavy like cheap bagged tortilla chips, not restaurant-style like I'd expected from a Mexican venue (same are used at Siestas, but I'd hoped for better from PM). No big deal, we just stuck to Cafe Rix and Siestas rather than returning to Pepper Market. I thought it was nice having so many choices; at most resorts, if you don't care for the food court you don't have other quick service options.
Good to know! I'm trying to decide on the best moderate for our August trip...POFQ, POR, or CSR.
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #704
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer
 
dec2009mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC CANADA
Posts: 260

We check in to CSR in 8 days....can't wait!
I think this is a great choice for our first WDW trip!
__________________
One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013
DL Visits: Aug 2005, NYE 2007, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012, May 2013
Feb 2014 with the DIVAs, May 2014 and Aug 2014

dec2009mama is offline  
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #705
VACamm
DIS Veteran
 
VACamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec2009mama
We check in to CSR in 8 days....can't wait!
I think this is a great choice for our first WDW trip!
Congrats on your first trip!! WDW is so Magical!!
__________________
Have a Disney Day!
VACamm is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: