Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #496
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

Not to sound greedy, but are you allowed to grab a couple of bottles of water before heading to the park or do they limit that in the lounge?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #497
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Thanks for the update and the pictures! I added some of your pictures to the first page - hope that is OK!
Absolutely! Glad you found some of the photos useful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Thanks RachelTori!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to try this out next month!!!
You will have to report back -- as this is still so new, there are likely to be little changes made here and there! The CMs are listening to guest feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Moose View Post
Not to sound greedy, but are you allowed to grab a couple of bottles of water before heading to the park or do they limit that in the lounge?
They're the small (8 oz) water bottles and I don't remember seeing them in the morning; just out for the evening snack service (and only a few out at a time). I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask the CMs if you could take some bottles with you.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #498
Wonderboi
Earning My Ears

MagicBands

Does anyone know if the CSR is going MagicBand bracelets yet or if they still use the key cards?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #499
itsmeamanda
Mouseketeer

Has anyone had luck getting a microwave in their CSR room lately?
Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #500
jbm02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboi View Post
Does anyone know if the CSR is going MagicBand bracelets yet or if they still use the key cards?
I'd like to know about this too!!

1976 CR, 1980 Poly, 1991 Yacht Club (honeymoon), 1997 POFQ, 2001 AsSp, 2001 CS (10th Anniversary), 2002 CR, 2003 SOG, 2004 SOG, 2006 SOG/Double Dip on the Magic to the western Caribbean, 2009 CBR/Double Dip on the Magic, 2011 POP for the PRINCESS HALF MARATHON
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #501
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm02 View Post
I'd like to know about this too!!
I hope I am understanding what you're asking. All the resorts and parks are currently using the RFID cards. The CMs I spoke with last week said there is still no date to roll out the MagicBands and they all felt it was still a ways off (months?) as there are still details to be worked out.

I asked how they planned to handle APs and old park tickets, but no one could say for sure. Or, if they knew, they weren't saying!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #502
jbm02
DIS Veteran

Thanks! If any thing changes next week while we are there, I'll post!

1976 CR, 1980 Poly, 1991 Yacht Club (honeymoon), 1997 POFQ, 2001 AsSp, 2001 CS (10th Anniversary), 2002 CR, 2003 SOG, 2004 SOG, 2006 SOG/Double Dip on the Magic to the western Caribbean, 2009 CBR/Double Dip on the Magic, 2011 POP for the PRINCESS HALF MARATHON
Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #503
dreadie
Earning My Ears

Hey All;

I just wanted to post a quick review of my stay at CSR from 2/6 through 2/12. I booked (2) rooms, one for me and my friend, and the second for a couple and their 9 month old infant. I had previously stayed at POR and had a great visit.

Rooms:

My room was 4124 (Caistas 4), which was a "waterview" of the secondary swimming pool. Mousekeeping at this room was phenomenal! I left a note for extra coffee, and for the duration of our stay, we received 5 pods a day, which were fully used.

The 2nd room was 4466 (Casitas 4), waterview overlooking the huge lake. The actual view was gorgeous, but the Mousekeeping service was horrendous. After the 2nd night, I filed a formal complaint with the front desk and Mousekeeping service.

While monetary compensation was made, the level of service stayed the same, if not decreased. There was a 9 month infant in the room, and on the last night of our stay, she found a bobby pin that didn't belong to anyone staying in the room. Anyone with an infant knows what type of risk this poses; and the Mousekeeping staff didn't seem alarmed by the severity of the concern.

Communication between front desk and Mousekeeping was severely lacking - no one seemed to be on the same page with the concerns of the room. Noel, the Mousekeeping manager, was supposed to call on numerous occassions, but never did. By pure coincidence, I saw her on the property and she seemed utterly shocked. She had no idea how to handle my concerns, and had a genuine disinterest in correcting the mistakes. Perhaps this is why Mousekeeping on that floor never got better.

Food:
PepperCafe food is good for what it is. Hardly no wait and service was very quick. The CM on one day was very rude; when requesting a menu after we had sat, she stated that " you dont need a menu, just get up and walk around".

I had to walk to the wait station to get a menu.

Ultimately, the resort is nice, great views and very comfortable. The only concerning thing was how Mousekeeping service greatly varied across a couple floors at the same Casita, and the genuine unwillingness of the front desk/mousekeeping to actually rectify the situation.

Even though monetary compensation was made, that doesn't mean you don't have to improve on the level of service going forward. After my interaction with the Mousekeeping manager (Noel), I was not surprised there was no rush to improve the Mousekeeping on the 4th floor.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #504
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Just popping on to say I'm getting excited about going back to CSR!

My sister, sister-in-law and I are staying there NEXT WEEK for the Princess Half Marathon. When I made my reservation back in October, the only military rate I could get was for a waterview room. I just did my online check-in and requested Cabanas, first floor. I'd be thrilled if we got upgraded to that business class area!

I know CSR is going to be packed since the Expo for the Half Marathon has moved there. We're not planning to go to any parks this trip so we probably won't use the buses, but I'll keep an eye out and report back as to how our stay was.

Hoping for good weather and a fun time!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #505
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking into a business class King room tomorrow for 4 nights!!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #506
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Question about the new coffee makers:

Can you just run hot water through them with no coffee pods? I do that with my Keurig to make hot tea in the mornings and would like to do the same in the room. If so, I will bring some tea bags!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #507
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Eeeeek!!! I just pulled the plug and booked our vacation.... 9 nights at Coronado Springs!!! June 15-24.... Im praying a discount comes out to help with the cost because we booked 9 nights 8 day park passes and Disney Dining plan. The total was very high... So hoping for some Disney Magic with a discount code. We are going either way... But every little bit counts
Old 02-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #508
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Oh and this is our first time at CS... My 2 sons chose the resort
Old 02-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #509
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm
Eeeeek!!! I just pulled the plug and booked our vacation.... 9 nights at Coronado Springs!!! June 15-24.... Im praying a discount comes out to help with the cost because we booked 9 nights 8 day park passes and Disney Dining plan. The total was very high... So hoping for some Disney Magic with a discount code. We are going either way... But every little bit counts
If you can go a week or two before the spring special is on. 25% off of moderates I think

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
Old 02-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #510
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cceandme

If you can go a week or two before the spring special is on. 25% off of moderates I think
I wish we could... But we are going the day after school lets out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: