Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #391
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
CSR was our first childless trip as well. You will love it. It doesn't have any direct views of a parking lot, but if you are in the last section of the building at the back of 9B closest to them you would be able to see them if you looked to your right and leaned over the bushes. You can see the front entrance and see the cars driving in and out from the back side of the building. It was past the pond and far enough away that noise wasn't an issue and I am a very light sleeper.

If you have a car then the parking lot is still very close with the bus stop not too far away. 9B is a wonderful location, enjoy!!
That is encouraging to hear, these 10 months can't go fast enough. Like you I am a light sleeper and it's more of a concern about late night noise than it is about view. Then again, I would rather look at a nice view than someones 10 year old Toyota Camry outside my door.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #392
javail
Earning My Ears

Total newbie question:

Does the bus from CSR go directly to, say, Animal Kingdom, or must you travel all the way up to the TTC, change busses, and head back down to Animal Kingdom?

Just planning in nap times for the toddler )
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #393
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by javail
Total newbie question:

Does the bus from CSR go directly to, say, Animal Kingdom, or must you travel all the way up to the TTC, change busses, and head back down to Animal Kingdom?

Just planning in nap times for the toddler )
Yes the bus will go to theme parks. You will not have to transfer.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #394
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer

Hmmm....I was going to book a CBR pirate room for our Sept. family trip, but after looking through this thread I think I am going to switch to CSR. The rooms have the same muted look that we like about the pirate rooms without the extra $40 a night price tag. The pool looks nice too, even if CBR has the better kids splash pool.

My question that I didn't see here (or very easily missed) is there ample parking by the main building where the restaurant is? We will have a vehicle and after reading about the long walk, we might want to drive over there on our way to the parks for breakfast to save about a half hour roundtrip walk. I don't see myself paying for a preferred room.

my hubby, the overworked and underappreciated me the crazy homeschool mom my lovable goofball son and my sweet and sassy little Stinkerbell
Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #395
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears

CSR to AKL for breakfast at Boma's

I was just wondering the best way to get to AKL from CSR for a 9am ADR @ BOMA.......
Old 01-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #396
emsparkles
emsparkles

Hello!! Me and my bestie are going to be staying at The CSR in June. It is my first time in a moderate resort as we usually stay at the GF or SSR so a tad apprehensive but the resort looked beautiful on pictures and I've herd some amazing reviews so thought we would give it a try!
Silly question and probably not high among people's priorities for planning but....

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the quality of the hair dryer provided?!? The others at the other hotels have been ok but as I've not stayed here before I don't know what it's like for amenities! we are coming from the uk it would be nice to to have to bring one however I hate the ones that are attached the wall or you have to keep your finger on the power button for it to work! I have quite a lot of hair and it takes ages to dry it with a professional hairdressing one so I could do with knowing!
Thank you!!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #397
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsparkles View Post
Hello!! Me and my bestie are going to be staying at The CSR in June. It is my first time in a moderate resort as we usually stay at the GF or SSR so a tad apprehensive but the resort looked beautiful on pictures and I've herd some amazing reviews so thought we would give it a try!
Silly question and probably not high among people's priorities for planning but....

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the quality of the hair dryer provided?!? The others at the other hotels have been ok but as I've not stayed here before I don't know what it's like for amenities! we are coming from the uk it would be nice to to have to bring one however I hate the ones that are attached the wall or you have to keep your finger on the power button for it to work! I have quite a lot of hair and it takes ages to dry it with a professional hairdressing one so I could do with knowing!
Thank you!!
I'd bring your own hair dryer. My hair is very fine, and it still took a while to dry it using the one provided at CSR. Or at any Disney resort.

Have a great time!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #398
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh4hart View Post
I was just wondering the best way to get to AKL from CSR for a 9am ADR @ BOMA.......
Take a cab.

The other way would be to take a bus from CSR to a park (AK being the closest), then catch a bus leaving the park for AKL -- but that can be very time-consuming.

emsparkles - ITA with maxiesmom: bring your own hair dryer!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #399
Wonderboi
Earning My Ears

Transportations from CSR

Maybe I need to ask on the transportation board but I thought I'd start here first since we're starting at CSR.

We have a reservation for a Character Breakfast at 8:20 at Animal Kingdom on the day when the park doesn't open until 9:00. We've heard we should be at the park by 8:00 to get to the restaurant on time. Will the busses be running more than an hour before the parks open? We'd initially thought we would take a cab but my son is young/small enough that he is legally required to have a car seat and we don't want to lug it around with us all day. Now we're not sure what to do.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #400
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderboi
Maybe I need to ask on the transportation board but I thought I'd start here first since we're starting at CSR.

We have a reservation for a Character Breakfast at 8:20 at Animal Kingdom on the day when the park doesn't open until 9:00. We've heard we should be at the park by 8:00 to get to the restaurant on time. Will the busses be running more than an hour before the parks open? We'd initially thought we would take a cab but my son is young/small enough that he is legally required to have a car seat and we don't want to lug it around with us all day. Now we're not sure what to do.
They should have a bus that runs early enough for you to get there. We had an early adr at Epcot once and made it fine.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #401
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Twin Air Mattress

Twin Air Mattress: Anyone fit one into a 2 Queen room at CSR? My DS is a kicker.

Also: I have read conflicting reports on whether or not CSR has roll away beds- can anyone confirm this? If so is the rental $15 a night- b/c if it is I'll just bring the air mattress instead- we are driving.
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #402
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

DBF and I are staying Feb 15-18th!!!

We are debating about adding the business club king room instead of a normal king room but still had some questions about it if anyone has stayed...

Do you have access to the lounge from 7-10 even though the food options are only offered till 10am and from 5-10pm?

I saw in one website that you get turn-down service..is that true?

For an extra $20 a day, it seems like a good option and would cover breakfast alone plus 9B is a great building to be in!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #403
JoJoFromNY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abharmagic View Post
Twin Air Mattress: Anyone fit one into a 2 Queen room at CSR? My DS is a kicker.

Also: I have read conflicting reports on whether or not CSR has roll away beds- can anyone confirm this? If so is the rental $15 a night- b/c if it is I'll just bring the air mattress instead- we are driving.
Yes, a twin air mattress fits just fine at the end of the bed. We use one all the time when we travel to CSR and just stand it up in the corner by the window during the day while we are at the parks. That way, mousekeeping can vacuum the room. I wouldn't bother with a roll away bed at that cost since it will just be in the way and you will have less floor space.

CB - '90 "Honeymoon"
Offsite - '95, '00, '03, '07 (What were we thinking)
CSR - 4/10
CSR - 4/12
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #404
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoFromNY View Post
Yes, a twin air mattress fits just fine at the end of the bed. We use one all the time when we travel to CSR and just stand it up in the corner by the window during the day while we are at the parks. That way, mousekeeping can vacuum the room. I wouldn't bother with a roll away bed at that cost since it will just be in the way and you will have less floor space.

Thanks Jojo- that's what we are going with- air mattress. I appreciate all the help from everyone who has responded to- both in PM with a link to pics, to pricing info, to how it fits.
Have a great trip everyone!
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #405
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

I have a ? about handicapped rooms. We are bringing my mom w us. She will have a scooter. I was wondering if i request a handicapped room are they larger to fit the scooter? Also do they have just a shower? I have 2 little ones that like baths not showers. So really need a tub. TIA

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: