Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #3751
coolbrook
Mouseketeer

We were at CSR last week and loved it, especially the business class building location and lounge. We will be back. On our resort evenings at the dig site we roasted marshmallows (6:30 pm), swam, sat in the hot tub, played in the arcade, played life size checkers, there was ping pong that we didn't use, got fries for a snack credit at the pool bar, and played on the playground. My dd10 said the slide is a little scary in the dark which made it fun for her. We also shopped in the gift shop, played wii in the cococino lounge and tried for several minutes to get into a hammock that was a little too high off the ground. Hilarious! It felt like there was more to do than at POR probably because the arcade was next to the pool and there was the checkers and ping pong. We never did figure out where the movies play. I know they were supposed to be near the pool, but we didn't find it. We could have asked, but we were tired anyway. I can't wait to stay there again.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #3752
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbrook View Post
We were at CSR last week and loved it, especially the business class building location and lounge. We will be back. On our resort evenings at the dig site we roasted marshmallows (6:30 pm), swam, sat in the hot tub, played in the arcade, played life size checkers, there was ping pong that we didn't use, got fries for a snack credit at the pool bar, and played on the playground. My dd10 said the slide is a little scary in the dark which made it fun for her. We also shopped in the gift shop, played wii in the cococino lounge and tried for several minutes to get into a hammock that was a little too high off the ground. Hilarious! It felt like there was more to do than at POR probably because the arcade was next to the pool and there was the checkers and ping pong. We never did figure out where the movies play. I know they were supposed to be near the pool, but we didn't find it. We could have asked, but we were tired anyway. I can't wait to stay there again.
Movies play near the marshmallow roasting on the opposite side of the pool from the arcade (by kiddie pool).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #3753
judaloo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
Apologies if this was answered before, I think I asked but can't find it!

The marshmallow toasting on the fire/s'mores thing - are the marshmallows provided? Do we need to pay? Where is it and what time?
If I could have some details that would really help as we can't decide between doing this (chilling at and getting to know our resort) and heading to the Poly beach for Wishes (I wanted to do this, but now Captain Cooks is shut I'm not sure we can get Dole Whips!)

We wont be getting there until the evening so it needs to be non-park stuff and relaxing enough to recover from a long flight from the UK. But also not boring - we're at Disney after all!

My husband likes the idea of staying at the resort. My children want to watch Wishes. I'm torn!
I have heard that they are now only allowing Poly resort guests on the beach to watch Wishes. I could be wrong, but it seems like it was due to construction of the new DVC properties there and parts of the beach being roped off. Hopefully this makes your decision easier!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #3754
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by judaloo View Post
I have heard that they are now only allowing Poly resort guests on the beach to watch Wishes. I could be wrong, but it seems like it was due to construction of the new DVC properties there and parts of the beach being roped off. Hopefully this makes your decision easier!
Oh no I hope not! Will have to research this a little further!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 04-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #3755
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Was just able to upgrade our room for July to business class! We've stayed business class now 3x and just love it! The food/snacks are great offerings for my dad who has some food restrictions and the building location is just wonderful! So glad to be staying again for our 4th time in a year!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #3756
vikster1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoread View Post
I stayed at CSR last August and there were always towels at the quiet pool, usually on a cart right as you walked in. I'm not sure if that has changed or not.
No pool towels at the cabanas quiet pool the other day.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #3757
maryb828
Earning My Ears

What time do we need to get on the bus to be at the parks at rope drop?
Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #3758
texasmomoftwo
Mouseketeer

It is recommended to be at bus stop an hour before you want to get there. Usually does not take that long at Coronado, but you never know
Old 04-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #3759
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

A few weeks back I posted about a standard room at CSR (for Memorial weekend) that I had in my cart for a while and was planning to book once we had returned from our March visit (we are local). I accidentally removed it from my cart and of course there has not been a standard room available since. I have been checking daily but was curious if any of you had better luck calling? I don't want to call and bother them every day if it's not necessary. Does anyone know if cancelled rooms will automatically show on the site?

It's crazy, being local we have NEVER booked much more than a month or a month and a half in advance. We never had a problem getting a room with either the passholder rate or florida resident. I know it's a holiday weekend, but we have gone that weekend for the past few years without issues. It seems as if most of the resorts are booked up, even at regular rates! Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to book a resort??
Old 04-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #3760
shameless3
Earning My Ears

I booked through Orbitz earlier this month (ended up with split stay for various reasons) and I could not find a room for the night of May 4. A LM room at AoA came available after I had been searching for a day or two, so rooms definitely will show up.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #3761
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shameless3 View Post
I booked through Orbitz earlier this month (ended up with split stay for various reasons) and I could not find a room for the night of May 4. A LM room at AoA came available after I had been searching for a day or two, so rooms definitely will show up.
Of course a Standard View (passholder rate) room became available today right after posting that Thanks!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #3762
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Hello. ..
Does anyone know if you can get a cot for the room. DS(17) & DD(16) Will not share a bed and I can't see getting 2 rooms for the 4 of us.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #3763
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
Hello. ..
Does anyone know if you can get a cot for the room. DS(17) & DD(16) Will not share a bed and I can't see getting 2 rooms for the 4 of us.
There are some rollaways available. We usually bring a twin air mattress since our kids do not like to sleep together.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #3764
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

We're over the page limit. Is a new FAQ coming soon?
Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #3765
graysmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysmommy View Post
Hi everyone! Joining in here as I've decided CSR is our next resort! I have a ten night stay booked at POR in September, but will likely call and switch it to CSR if/when FD is released. My question is: are business class rooms generally included in the free dining promotion? Thanks in advance!
Anyone?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: