Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #3571
MouseOfGold
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a ground floor room this past Dec. and we had no noise issues from above us or around us. We were in the Casitas building 5.

12/'14 AoA LM, AoA Cars Suite, AKL CL, 12/'13 CSR, 1/'12 Off Site, 10/'07 Off Site, 12/'96 BC, 12/'87 The Disney Inn-my 1st WDW trip when the magic hit me
Old 03-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #3572
Tallent
Mouseketeer

Good to know. Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #3573
yankeepenny
YANKEE Sock Crocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy6 View Post
Just got back from a 4D/3N stay, and it was wonderful!!!
Everyone was friendly and helpful. I'm very glad we chose to stay here!!!
WELCOME BACK!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #3574
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caselaw3 View Post
is it a lot to get the business class rooms?
The rate varies on time of year, but rule of thumb is about $50 a night over standard room.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #3575
caselaw3
DIS Veteran

First Timer

Hi all! Very excited - we are booked for Feb. 1 - Feb. 10 2015. I can't wait - I like everything that I have seen about this resort!

Right now we are booked for preferred.....what is the difference between regular and preferred? Can anyone tell? Is it just views? Because if that is the case I think I would rather save the $500 for non-preferred....

Also - I am looking at Cabana 8A.....is this the right one to request to be nearest the Dig Site pool?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #3576
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

As I understand it, preferred rooms are in the Casitas. They are closer to the food/drinks. Not so much the Dig Site pool.

We were in Cabanas 9A and we were not only close to the Dig Site, but also the quiet pool and the laundry. It was an amazing area. Love it!!

IMGP7199 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7077 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7049 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 03-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #3577
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

I asked this a while back and I think it got lost in the shuffle of other posts...

Does anyone know what kind of eggs they use to cook with at Pepper Market (or WDW in general)? DH doesn't handle "fake eggs" aka Egg Beaters very well but he's perfectly fine when he eats real eggs. I'd just like to know so I can tell him what he should avoid. I really don't want him in the bathroom for half a day while the rest of us are out having fun.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #3578
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
I asked this a while back and I think it got lost in the shuffle of other posts...

Does anyone know what kind of eggs they use to cook with at Pepper Market (or WDW in general)? DH doesn't handle "fake eggs" aka Egg Beaters very well but he's perfectly fine when he eats real eggs. I'd just like to know so I can tell him what he should avoid. I really don't want him in the bathroom for half a day while the rest of us are out having fun.
Disney restaurants are notorious for being very helpful to those with food "issues" and allergies, etc. I would think that when you first arrive, tell your server about your concerns, and have them ask the cook staff. The chef would most likely come and and give you the low-down on exactly what they're cooking. (I've done this many times as I am allergic to tree-nuts.)

Then your DH could choose what to order once he knows.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #3579
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Hi everyone! I'm currently booked for August at CSR. I'm taking my mom for her first visit ever and she has a knee that can act up. I thought I saw on one of the sites that the Cabanas bus stop is pretty close to the buildings. Is this true? Does anyone know of a video of the walk from the bus stop to the hotel room (for any of the buildings)? I'd like to have an idea because obviously I've never been to Coronado before.

Thanks!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 03-21-2014, 05:17 AM   #3580
Happy Tappy
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Hi everyone! I'm currently booked for August at CSR. I'm taking my mom for her first visit ever and she has a knee that can act up. I thought I saw on one of the sites that the Cabanas bus stop is pretty close to the buildings. Is this true? Does anyone know of a video of the walk from the bus stop to the hotel room (for any of the buildings)? I'd like to have an idea because obviously I've never been to Coronado before.

Thanks!
I don't know of a video, but this link should give you an idea of how close they are.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #3581
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post

Thanks!
There used to be a resort walk-thru video, but not exactly what you want. If you request a room in Cabanas 8A or 8B, closest to the bus stop, and ground floor (let them know that there is a physical need), then you should have a flat and short walk on sidewalks to the bus stop.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #3582
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Disney restaurants are notorious for being very helpful to those with food "issues" and allergies, etc. I would think that when you first arrive, tell your server about your concerns, and have them ask the cook staff. The chef would most likely come and and give you the low-down on exactly what they're cooking. (I've done this many times as I am allergic to tree-nuts.)

Then your DH could choose what to order once he knows.

I've heard about Disney being very accommodating for food allergies but I never thought to bring it up to the staff's attention since we never had any official diagnosis from a doctor. But I do suppose that DH does truly some type of allergy/intolerance, just because it's not official doesn't mean I can't bring it up before ordering. Thanks!

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #3583
ArmchairDetective
Mouseketeer

Stayed two nights in Cabanas 9B with business lounge last week as a pre-cruise stay. We were very impressed with the grounds, the lack of noise in this area, and the speed of the Wi-Fi.

The business lounge access and nearness to the main pool was the best part. We had breakfast in the lounge two mornings, but on one of them the amazing espresso machine was down. Sangrias, made by Cosaldo, were tasty with extra fruit. Evening snacks provided (terra chips!!) were above average and the breakfast offerings were great also. The mango yogurt was my favorite!

The only minor issue I had was the bus stop location. We had a rental car and drove it to MK our first morning and secured a very very close spot. In the afternoon, we decided to head back to the resort for some lounge/pool time and decided to leave the rental there and would take the bus back. We got off on stop 4, I believe and it was a bit of a walk to Cabanas 9B. I think stop 1, at El Centro, would actually be closer for this building. Can anyone confirm?

The shopping at El Centro was just ok. We went in looking for hoodies and found the merchandise offered to be very limited. We did not buy anything.

The Pepper Market was great as there was a lot to choose from. My wife and I enjoyed tacos and my DD11 had pizza. Tacos and pizza were above average.

We would definitely stay at CS again, but only if business class is available. The minimal charge upgrade to business class is definitely worth it for breakfast and evening snacks, and the short walk to the pool.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #3584
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Standard room request?

Hello everyone! I just booked a trip to CSR for me and my son (13) for June. I'd like to get opinions on which section we should request. I booked a standard room, and we'd like to be near the main pool (dig site?) and close to a bus stop. We'd also prefer to be on an upper level. Is there a certain section I should request for this? We're driving to Orlando, so we'll have a car with us. TIA!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #3585
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticMoe View Post
Hello everyone! I just booked a trip to CSR for me and my son (13) for June. I'd like to get opinions on which section we should request. I booked a standard room, and we'd like to be near the main pool (dig site?) and close to a bus stop. We'd also prefer to be on an upper level. Is there a certain section I should request for this? We're driving to Orlando, so we'll have a car with us. TIA!
We just booked for June too - and I am curious about the same thing - we are in a standard but DH just had a knee replacement so close to the main building would be helpful. Does anyone know which buildings have elevators?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: