Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #3496
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Online check-in

I just checked in online, I arrive at CSR in 3 weeks!

I'm not sure that online check-in was best for me. I wanted to request Casitas 4 or 5, or Ranchos 6A or 7A. Instead, I had to choose 2 of the following options: Ranchos area, Cabanas area, Near transportation, Ground floor, Upper floor. No Casitas area option, and no chance to type in a specific building. So I chose Ranchos area and upper floor. I know there's a large convention at CSR while I'm there, so I don't know if that's why Casitas wasn't an option, or if that's how it always is shown with online check-in. Anyone know?

For those who arrive early and want their rooms right away, there was also an option to prioritize having a room upon arrival above the other 2 requests. I chose not to do that.

So when I check in, I'll still request Casitas 4 or 5, then Ranchos 6A or 7A. But if I don't get one of those, I'm certainly not going to let it ruin my vacation.

My Disney Trips:
Apr. 1980 - WDW, Dec. 1982 - WDW, 1986 - WDW, Feb. 1990 - WDW, Mar. 1997 - WDW - ASMu
Nov. 2000 - WDW - PO (French Quarter before it was FQ), Nov. 2012 - WDW - AOA- Finding Nemo suite (TR here)
Dec. 3, 2013 - Disneyland
March-April 2014 - WDW - CSR
Old 03-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #3497
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
I just checked in online, I arrive at CSR in 3 weeks! I'm not sure that online check-in was best for me. I wanted to request Casitas 4 or 5, or Ranchos 6A or 7A. Instead, I had to choose 2 of the following options: Ranchos area, Cabanas area, Near transportation, Ground floor, Upper floor. No Casitas area option, and no chance to type in a specific building. So I chose Ranchos area and upper floor. I know there's a large convention at CSR while I'm there, so I don't know if that's why Casitas wasn't an option, or if that's how it always is shown with online check-in. Anyone know? For those who arrive early and want their rooms right away, there was also an option to prioritize having a room upon arrival above the other 2 requests. I chose not to do that. So when I check in, I'll still request Casitas 4 or 5, then Ranchos 6A or 7A. But if I don't get one of those, I'm certainly not going to let it ruin my vacation.
Call in and have a note added to your reservation. That's what I did because my request was for medical reasons and I didn't have a place to type it. I also plan on faxing in my request again closer to our arrival, just to be sure.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #3498
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Ok really stupid question. I am looking at taking a trip with my daughter in May for my birthday. It will be just the 2 of us (she will be just shy of 4). A standard business class room is available. Will we be out of place staying there and using the breakfast/evening snacks? She is pretty well behaved and keeps to herself. I just like the idea of a free breakfast

Also where is this lounge area? What floor?

Thank you
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 03-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #3499
yankeepenny
YANKEE Sock Crocker

still reading thru. is there a link here for conventions that I missed?
update--------------
I FOUND IT!

APIC leaves the day of the night I arrive. none again for days.

then again, it will be quiet anyway and I am WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too excited for this!

Gleeker in every sense.

Thing 1 & Thing 2

Last edited by yankeepenny; 03-09-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #3500
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Ok really stupid question. I am looking at taking a trip with my daughter in May for my birthday. It will be just the 2 of us (she will be just shy of 4). A standard business class room is available. Will we be out of place staying there and using the breakfast/evening snacks? She is pretty well behaved and keeps to herself. I just like the idea of a free breakfast

Also where is this lounge area? What floor?

Thank you
The lounge is on the ground floor. Why would you feel out of place?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #3501
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The lounge is on the ground floor. Why would you feel out of place?
Thank you! I just didn't know if children in the business class area was "looked down upon".
Old 03-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #3502
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Thank you! I just didn't know if children in the business class area was "looked down upon".
The lounge even has a little area for kids. They set up a little seating area with a TV showing Disney cartoons, plus I remember seeing crayons (not sure what else they have since my children aren't little!) Book it for you and your daughter and ENJOY!

Old 03-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #3503
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't let the name fool you it has nothing to do with Business, the lounge is not offerd to the convention people anymore. Strictly for guests paying for the Business Class section. There were lots of kids in there during our last trip. You can also grab what you want and take it to your room if you like.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #3504
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
The lounge even has a little area for kids. They set up a little seating area with a TV showing Disney cartoons, plus I remember seeing crayons (not sure what else they have since my children aren't little!) Book it for you and your daughter and ENJOY!
Awesome! Thank. You both of you! I will definitely book it then! Calling first thing in the morning . Just have to narrow down my dates. We stayed at AKV in January and my daughter loved the kids area in the community hall so I am hoping this will have a similar feeling to her.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #3505
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty33 View Post
I'm sure other more frequent visitors to CSR will chime in but of the three times that I've been there (May of '11, December of '12 and last month) it's either been 10am-9pm (the last two visits) or 9am-10pm (May of '11).
I am hoping that May 2014 is also a 9am opening. I can handle waiting for that but 10am is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
LOL I'm another who loves the idea of this - but I twitch at the idea of hanging around the resort until 10! We aren't having any resort days (midday naps instead) or else I would plan it for then, but I am still tempted. Maybe on a waterpark day... But 10am is really late when in Disney!
When are you visiting? Maybe a 9am pool opening might happen for both of us.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #3506
evilqueenmindy
Mouseketeer

Hello all! Looks like we will be booking CSR for our trip over Memorial Day weekend! I'm pretty excited, though I have visited this resort in the past, I've never stated here. Quick question, we're requesting connecting rooms, I know it's a gamble, but we've had decent luck in the past at deluxes and the other mods we've stayed at. Are connecting rooms fairly common at this hotel, or are they difficult to come by?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #3507
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilqueenmindy View Post
Hello all! Looks like we will be booking CSR for our trip over Memorial Day weekend! I'm pretty excited, though I have visited this resort in the past, I've never stated here. Quick question, we're requesting connecting rooms, I know it's a gamble, but we've had decent luck in the past at deluxes and the other mods we've stayed at. Are connecting rooms fairly common at this hotel, or are they difficult to come by?
We have stayed at CSR quite a few times and though we have never needed connecting rooms ourselves, we have always been placed in a room with a connecting door. We never make location requests and have always been placed in the Ranchos section. I don't know the exact number or sections that have connecting rooms but I would venture to guess it is quite a few since we have yet to have a non-connecting room in all of our stays there. Congrats on booking CSR, DH and I absolutely love this resort and I'm sure you will have an amazing time

Last edited by Andrea817; 03-11-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #3508
Weluvdizney2
Mouseketeer

We've had connecting rooms at least twice at CSR. Not a problem either time.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #3509
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Tell me I will love it CSR !!

Looking at a long weekend in Sept . I have stayed at AKL , BC , POR , ASMFS and ASM I have never stayed at CSR and am looking into the junior suite . It would cost a little more then AOA but I just am not thrilled with AOA after staying at a deluxe the last 3 times at the world ! I am looking into CSR because it is a Mod and maybe a little easier on the budget as we are going to DL for a week this summer and staying on site there !! ... I heard that CSR has alot of convention people is this an issue with kiddies at the pool ? My son is going to be 13 at time of travel but we had a friend with issues at the pool once with a convention at the Swan or Dolphin not 100% sure which one guest had a little too much food and wine at the F&W fest more on the WINE side LOL

Old 03-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #3510
rdesisto
Heading back to Disney in December 2014! =)

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards, but excited to join. My partner and I just booked our first Disney vacation together! I've been many times before, but this will be our first vacation to Disney together.

We booked CSR to stay at, and I'm very excited to explore a new resort. He is super pumped about the pool We will be staying there 11/30-12/6. I know, super early to be planning, etc., but I'm just so excited!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: