Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #3481
FredQc
Fred

Disney Food Blog just reported the opening of a new table service restaurant at CSR. "Las Ventanas" is located next door to the Rix Lounge. It serves breakfast and lunch. Disney Dining Plan is accepted (1 TS).

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/0...prings-resort/
Old 03-04-2014, 12:48 AM   #3482
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredQc View Post
Disney Food Blog just reported the opening of a new table service restaurant at CSR. "Las Ventanas" is located next door to the Rix Lounge. It serves breakfast and lunch. Disney Dining Plan is accepted (1 TS).

Yeah, I saw this on Buzz's site. This should really help with the breakfast rush at CSR. I look forward to trying it next trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #3483
epcotfan
Kitty!
Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland
I think it is sheer luck, endurance and compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredQc View Post

That's awesome. Nice to have an additional place to get a bite.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #3484
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
We will be staying at CSR for two nights in May 16 & 17. Our kids would love to be able to participate in the pool opening on Saturday, May 17th. What time should we be at the pool to participate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
It might vary depending on time of year, but I believe it's at 10am in December when we go.
I am hoping for an early opening for May...anyone know more on that?
May 17th is my birthday and I really did not want to spend the morning waiting for the dig site to open but the kids really want to open the pool and May 18th is our day to try tackle SWW so there is no way we can wait around for the pool to open that day.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #3485
Lefty33
Earning My Ears

Quote:
May 17th is my birthday and I really did not want to spend the morning waiting for the dig site to open but the kids really want to open the pool and May 18th is our day to try tackle SWW so there is no way we can wait around for the pool to open that day.
I'm sure other more frequent visitors to CSR will chime in but of the three times that I've been there (May of '11, December of '12 and last month) it's either been 10am-9pm (the last two visits) or 9am-10pm (May of '11).
Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #3486
Deb123
Mouseketeer

Banana's at Business class?

We'll be at CS next month for Easter as well as in October. Both are booked business class. Does anyone know if there are bananas served at the continental breakfast? I know it seems like a silly question, but all the pictures I have seen are just oranges and apples. DH and I only eat bananas, lol! Thanks!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #3487
Kari0180
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
We'll be at CS next month for Easter as well as in October. Both are booked business class. Does anyone know if there are bananas served at the continental breakfast? I know it seems like a silly question, but all the pictures I have seen are just oranges and apples. DH and I only eat bananas, lol! Thanks!
Yes, there were bananas when we were there the beginning of February, I had a couple, they were very tasty!
Old 03-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #3488
Weluvdizney2
Mouseketeer

Bananas every morning Thanksgiving week 2013. Loved the mango yogurt with the fresh berries and granola though!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #3489
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty33 View Post
I'm sure other more frequent visitors to CSR will chime in but of the three times that I've been there (May of '11, December of '12 and last month) it's either been 10am-9pm (the last two visits) or 9am-10pm (May of '11).
Quote:
LOL I'm another who loves the idea of this - but I twitch at the idea of hanging around the resort until 10! We aren't having any resort days (midday naps instead) or else I would plan it for then, but I am still tempted. Maybe on a waterpark day... But 10am is really late when in Disney!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 03-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #3490
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

We have been going to WDW since 1999, after 2001 we became DVC members and had at least 2 trips per year. We love trying out WDW resorts, but we have never stayed at Coronado. But that is going to change soon! We love the feel of the resort, after visiting there 2 weeks ago while on our trip. We walked around the waterway, checked out the main pool and arcade, and just soaked it all in before dinner.

We booked Maya Grill, which we fell in love with, so much so, we canceled another ressie we had and ate there again Can anyone tell me the name of the guitarist who plays there and if he has any CDs out by chance?
Old 03-07-2014, 04:30 PM   #3491
yankeepenny
YANKEE Sock Crocker

I just booked-WDW veteran and first timer to Coronado. 9/23/14 to 10/01/14

I will be reading thru and asking questions.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:16 AM   #3492
ThisIsJason
DIS Veteran

Hey CSR people! Haven't posted here in some time. I am helping some friends plan a trip down to WDW, they aren't sure if they want to stay at. CSR and POFQ are the final two resorts.

My friend said she had seen that CSR now has a internal bus that runs around the bus stops and then over to Blizzard Beach and then back again, doesn't go to any other parks. I looked at the first few posts and didn't see anything about this being added, nor did I see this when I skimmed over the last 15-20 pages. She couldn't find the link after once she told me this.

Has this been added? If it has, when was it added? If true, does the bus just circle the property once BB is closed for the day? Sorry for the questions, but she asked me about it and I haven't heard anything about this at all (but I don't keep up on CSR news much after buying DVC). If true, that is awesome that something like this was added.
AKV DVC Owner
Old 03-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #3493
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJason View Post
Hey CSR people! Haven't posted here in some time. I am helping some friends plan a trip down to WDW, they aren't sure if they want to stay at. CSR and POFQ are the final two resorts.

My friend said she had seen that CSR now has a internal bus that runs around the bus stops and then over to Blizzard Beach and then back again, doesn't go to any other parks. I looked at the first few posts and didn't see anything about this being added, nor did I see this when I skimmed over the last 15-20 pages. She couldn't find the link after once she told me this.

Has this been added? If it has, when was it added? If true, does the bus just circle the property once BB is closed for the day? Sorry for the questions, but she asked me about it and I haven't heard anything about this at all (but I don't keep up on CSR news much after buying DVC). If true, that is awesome that something like this was added.
Yes, that is correct. It started sometime in the fall. It circles over to BB until the mini-golf closes. It also goes to BB for access to the mini-golf while BB is closed for its annual refurbishment. It circles the stops in order 1-4 (not 2,3,4,1 like the park buses) then over to BB and back through again.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #3494
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, that is correct. It started sometime in the fall. It circles over to BB until the mini-golf closes. It also goes to BB for access to the mini-golf while BB is closed for its annual refurbishment. It circles the stops in order 1-4 (not 2,3,4,1 like the park buses) then over to BB and back through again.
No way?!?! That's awesome!

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #3495
ThisIsJason
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is really cool to learn. I completely forgot that a mini-golf is right there. Seeing the BB is so close, I would think that it runs fairly frequent. I will have to pass that information onto her. Thanks!
AKV DVC Owner
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: