Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 01:29 AM   #3436
Disney before Sally
Mouseketeer

Awesome insights!

Old 02-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #3437
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougrad86 View Post
I've been reading through this thread, and it seems that mousekeeping is not as attended to as well as it is at other resorts. I have seen a few saying that there rooms were clean, but reading other comments for absolutely major lapses in mousekeeping that seem to far outnumber the compliments . Is there a problem with the cleanliness at this hotel? This is our first time at a moderate, I really wanted to try this resort, I have heard marvelous things about it from people who have stayed there, but I like to come home at night to a clean room with enough towels and toiletries, and this is worrying me somewhat. Is it just certain areas that have a problem, or is it a general resort wide problem? I was thinking maybe upgrading to business class might help, but our friends might have trouble affording that, and we are hoping to have rooms close to each other, so am reluctant to change to that. TIA
I think you will find that there is the same amount of housekeeping complaints on every resort. CSR, CBR, and POR are spread out 2000 room resorts, it can't be easy to keep all those rooms perfect. The complaints are a mixture of actual realistic problems, some over anal people, and some unrealistic expectations. There probably is some luck involved I guess. One thing I can say for sure I have never had any problem getting problem resolved at CSR big or small. I've found the service to be excellent. My personal belief is a lot of the complaints of bad service have something to do with how certain people carry themselves.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #3438
esuomyekcim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I think you will find that there is the same amount of housekeeping complaints on every resort. CSR, CBR, and POR are spread out 2000 room resorts, it can't be easy to keep all those rooms perfect. The complaints are a mixture of actual realistic problems, some over anal people, and some unrealistic expectations. There probably is some luck involved I guess. One thing I can say for sure I have never had any problem getting problem resolved at CSR big or small. I've found the service to be excellent. My personal belief is a lot of the complaints of bad service have something to do with how certain people carry themselves.
I totally agree. If you handle yourself with respect and understanding of the staff (CMs) and what they are doing then you will be better equipt to accept and resolve. Keeping in mind that your vacation is reliant on someone else's work can also be seen from their perspective. If you can put yourself in their shoes and speak to them how you would like to be spoken to you will more likely than not get a warmer and more helpful response.

I've experienced issues while away with someone who would push and threaten when things did not go their way. Our issues were resolved, but I did not feel good about how they were handled. This was years ago at a different Disney resort, but the idea is still the same.

On the flip side, I have come across similar issues and handled it with respect and kindness. Our issues were again resolved, but this time I knew the CM's name and felt comfortable waving and talking to them during the trip. No one was uncomfortable and I feel good about it rather than bad.

To date I've had the good fortune to stay at:
OKW, BCV, WLV, Poly, AKL, & BLT
and visited:
MK, AK, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, both water parks and Disneyland Paris.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #3439
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Hi all, just checked the convention schedule and there is something called the America's Miss Beautiful Pageant going on while we are there. I tried to google it but all I got was Miss America. Does anyone know if this would be a cause for keeping an eye out for increased traffic or the like?

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 02-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #3440
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This exactly, IMO! In our 4 stays, we had a problem once, called to have the problem addressed, and it was taken care of immediately. No resort or hotel will be perfect, ever, but if I call with a problem and its taken care of in a timely manner, then I'll be coming back. Looking forward to our 5th CSR stay in May!!!

Old 02-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #3441
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all, just checked the convention schedule and there is something called the America's Miss Beautiful Pageant going on while we are there. I tried to google it but all I got was Miss America. Does anyone know if this would be a cause for keeping an eye out for increased traffic or the like?
We've stayed at CSR 4 times, all with a convention of some sort going on. The only time I noticed anything, was in the morning at Cafe Rix. It gets a little crowded, so we planned a little extra time when we went back, or we grabbed a bite at the park we were going to. We never noticed any extra people in the pool area, either. You should be just fine!

Old 02-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #3442
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
If you google "America's Miss Beautiful Pageant" with quotes around it, it filters out anything that doesn't have that exact phrase. I just did that and found random web sites but not an actual comprehensive one detailing anything about it. I did find state web sites about it so I wonder if it's the "national" one

Like PP, we actually had two conventions going on while we were at CSR in November. The first half of our trip was a technology convention. We did notice the conventioners walking around as they all wore business clothes with lanyards, and there were swarms of them around the tables at the lake working on laptops. We went to DTD one night and about 15 of them, all with the same t-shirt on, boarded with us. The second half of our trip was a women's college lacrosse convention, so there were tons of ladies in the gym and jogging around the resort every morning. Only other negative for us was that we requested a room in the Casitas building but due to the conventions, they were not able accommodate that. I guess they give Casitas to the conventioners first, and there were no rooms left in that section when we arrived.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #3443
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by redefine6 View Post
I've stayed at this resort twice now. Nice rooms, beautiful grounds, good bus service which is mostly consistent.

Pepper Market breakfast is NO LONGER an all you can eat buffet. Because of this, you have to goto individual satellite stations and wait for whatever it is you prefer. This has turned breakfast into a free-for-all, which is kind of chaotic first thing in the morning.

This unfortunate change has really turned me off from the Pepper Market as the buffet in the morning was so convenient and helped you start you day off right before the parks.

The food portions are also reduced as well

Bring back the buffet for breakfast!!
This was our experience in October. I had read so many great things about Pepper Market but we felt it was way too chaotic. We were seated but hated going to the food stations because one thing would get cold by the time we waited in line for another thing. Also did not like that we had to wait for the server to come give us our drinks and bill. It was not even very crowed but she didn't ever return after we were finished (about 15 min) so we sat there. Finally we went to the exit and explained what happened and they brought our check over so we could pay. It was very odd. I much prefer the other mod food court system with self serve drinks, etc.

We are headed back to CSR early March so we will skip breakfast there but would willing to try dinner.

This time we are not on a meal plan (last time we were) and are staying again in a Business Class room so we have access to Coconino Cove for breakfast.

Can't wait to get back!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #3444
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
This was our experience in October. I had read so many great things about Pepper Market but we felt it was way too chaotic. We were seated but hated going to the food stations because one thing would get cold by the time we waited in line for another thing. Also did not like that we had to wait for the server to come give us our drinks and bill. It was not even very crowed but she didn't ever return after we were finished (about 15 min) so we sat there. Finally we went to the exit and explained what happened and they brought our check over so we could pay. It was very odd. I much prefer the other mod food court system with self serve drinks, etc.

We are headed back to CSR early March so we will skip breakfast there but would willing to try dinner.

This time we are not on a meal plan (last time we were) and are staying again in a Business Class room so we have access to Coconino Cove for breakfast.

Can't wait to get back!!

MJ
I thought that this had changed when they took away the gratuity fee? It sounded like it was now operating like a typical moderate food court?
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #3445
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThrillingChase View Post
I thought that this had changed when they took away the gratuity fee? It sounded like it was now operating like a typical moderate food court?
The change happened after that person's trip. You no longer wait to be seated and get your own drinks. They built a new drink station in the middle for drinks and refilling mugs. You still have to order from the stations. The good thing about it is they make the food fresh in front of you. The key with any food court at any of the resorts is to go at off meal times. If we eat lunch there we at 1:30pm, for supper go anytime after about 7:30pm. Its always quiet, the service is great and the food is fresh. I'm not sure about breakfast as we either order breakfast supply's from GG or stay Business Class.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #3446
Disney before Sally
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
hi all - i'll be staying for 4 nights at csr in 5 weeks, my first time at csr and my first solo trip!

i looked at the first page on this thread and at buzz's site and couldn't find this info. I'm gluten-free and am trying to come up with some good quick breakfast options - cafe rix looks like all breakfast options have gluten. I could get an omelet at pm, but i'm not sure how fast that option is.

Does anyone know if panchitos has string cheese, hard-boiled eggs, or peanut butter for sale? I don't want to order gg since i'll only be there for 4 mornings, and i have brunch planned one of those mornings - not enough need to order food from gg just for me.

Thanks for the help!
bump

Old 02-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #3447
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney before Sally View Post
bump
Thank you!

Someone PM'd me that Café Rix has hard-boiled eggs. Any other gluten-free alternatives at Café Rix or Panchito's?

I'm thinking my best bet is to pack some fruit, gluten-free bagels and some Jif to go cups, then buy a 1/2 gallon of milk at Panchito's for a quick and cheap breakfast option in my room.

My Disney Trip Reports:
A Big Blue World at AOA with the Fab Four - Nov. 2012 - AOA Finding Nemo suite
3 Weeks to plan a solo trip! - Nov. 2014 PTR
Old 02-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #3448
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
Thank you!

Someone PM'd me that Café Rix has hard-boiled eggs. Any other gluten-free alternatives at Café Rix or Panchito's?

I'm thinking my best bet is to pack some fruit, gluten-free bagels and some Jif to go cups, then buy a 1/2 gallon of milk at Panchito's for a quick and cheap breakfast option in my room.
When you don't have anyone in your family with those requirements you don't pay attention to those things.

I knew I remembered seeing the hard boiled eggs somewhere but wasn't sure where. Panchitos does have bread, bagels, and peanut butter. I'm not certain if there was gluten free bagels. I don't recall seeing string cheese, but maybe. Panchitos is one of the better resort stores.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #3449
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
The change happened after that person's trip. You no longer wait to be seated and get your own drinks. They built a new drink station in the middle for drinks and refilling mugs. You still have to order from the stations. The good thing about it is they make the food fresh in front of you. The key with any food court at any of the resorts is to go at off meal times. If we eat lunch there we at 1:30pm, for supper go anytime after about 7:30pm. Its always quiet, the service is great and the food is fresh. I'm not sure about breakfast as we either order breakfast supply's from GG or stay Business Class.
That is good to know....and it makes sense. It just seemed to us that the current process (at the time) was not working so maybe they were in a transition phase. Anyway, now that I know it is like the other mod food courts I would give it a try again.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 02-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #3450
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

I will be making my first stay at CSR in 3 weeks. March 14th-21. We have been comming to CSR for years. The peper Market has been a lunch stop every trip almost since it opened.

As you can see by my signature, we are well traveled disney people. And the time and offer was right to finally try out CSR. cant wait to give my review from someone who knows what to expect from disney, but also has a realist attitude on what can be delivered.

As far as the recent topic of business people. Who cares what other people think. I am on vacation. And from someone who has been to those trade shows, all they want to be is you. so if they are looking at you its out of envy.

grand floridean, contempoarary resort, yacht club, dolphin. Like coranado, they all have convention space. its NEVER an issue.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2