Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #331
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Have you considered getting her a prepaid CC like a Green Dot for the trip? You can pick up the cash reload cards pretty much anywhere (CVS, Kroger, etc) and that way you could add funds online if needed. There are fees, $5 initial purchase and $5 reload IIRC, but they vary by brand and you can sometimes find deals to save on the initial purchase.

This! AAA offers a re-loadable Visa card as well. Same as Green Dot. You can register it so that way if it's lost or stolen, it can be reported as such. You could also buy Visa gift cards - not reloadable, but no info required to purchase it and you can always buy it for more than you think since they can be used at home as well (works same as Visa CC).
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #332
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Hi all-

I am a sporadic visitor on this thread, so please forgive me if I've missed this! Are there any avid posters on here that have stayed in the business class rooms yet or are booked for one in the near future? I've been keeping my eyes peeled for reviews, so point me in the direction if you know of any!

I'm debating booking it for our trip in November, but the price difference is $400 currently between a standard King and BC King. Hoping to see some reviews soon so I can justify the cost. I think we'd mostly want BC for snacks and breakfast to help conserve our regular DDP credits but if it's snacks and breakfasts we'd be sick of after day 3, might not be worth it. We'll be there for 9 days. We'd also use the computers so we don't have to bring our laptops.

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #333
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
Hey guys! My dh made an awesome video of our 8 nights in Sep/Oct at our moderate "home" CSR! I know you will love it. We had such an amazing stay. We requested Casitas and got an amazing water view in building 4. We will be back to CSR for 7 nights in Feb for the Princess Half Marathon. Can't wait! We have paid for a king preferred room, and we will be requesting Casitas 3. Love that location. I just can't believe how much room is in a King room at CSR. It's really luxurious. We spent two nights at AKL Savannah View at the end of our stay, and the room was sooo small it seemed! Here is the video, enjoy! I know it will get you psyched for your upcoming stays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNpsehX2qTU
Love the video!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #334
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Aw shucks! Well we will be there all week so let me know if you'd like to meet!
Sure will! Poster on another thread just came came from BC at CSR. It sounds lovely. Glad I booked it for PHM, especially for the adult beverages(after the race, of course). Lets have a big, ole party!

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 01-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #335
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Talking Thank You !

Thank you for all the suggestions on safe "cash".
We have AAA and looked into the AAA re-loadable Visa card.

It is like a debit card. WDW said they accept it because it says VISA on it at all stores, TS, CS and most little snack stands.
AAA said it can be cancelled immediately with one phone call if lost.
It can also be reloaded over the phone.

My DD can have her name on it and she signs the back of the AAA debit VISA card.
Then when she uses it, she signs for the amount.

It will be a good way for her to learn to budget and keep track of expenses.
We could give her a small amount of cash to carry for those quick $2.50 bottles of water in the park.

Thank you for the suggestion !
My DH and I love the idea of the AAA re-loadable Visa debit card.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #336
Jennifer124
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
As expected, CSR has been adding to the Disney Dining Plan for 2013. Thanks to Buzz for the update.
What is this Buzz site I keep reading about? We are staying at CSR for the first time in October.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #337
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer124 View Post
What is this Buzz site I keep reading about? We are staying at CSR for the first time in October.
I think posting a link to that site is forbidden. If you go to your favorite search engine and type in Buzz Coronado Springs you'll find it.
Turn your speakers down before you click the link to Buzz's site.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #338
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Buzz is so wonderful. God Bless him/her for creating it
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #339
kimgg
DIS Veteran

If we are going to rent a car while staying at CS, which rental car agencies are the most convenient? Any advice?

May/June 2010 - WDW - POR French Quarter

July/August 2011 - Disneyland/Legoland (Hotel Menage

2012 - possibly a non-disney year due to circumstances beyond my control

March 2013 - Eastern on the Fantasy!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #340
DisNikki
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! Admittedly I haven't read back through all the many posts yet but I'm sure I will as time goes on. I have a question though and am hoping someone can help! We're looking at going to WDW in late May to early June. I know, it's within 180 days already so I better get cracking! So we're seriously looking at Coronado Springs and had originally looked at going 5/25-6/3. We realized if we push it until 5/28-6/6 (just after Memorial Day), our flights get dramatically cheaper. However, CSR has availability 5/25-6/3 (for several room types) but NOTHING (in any room type) if we put in 5/28-6/6. How can this be? Any ideas?

Nikki

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR

Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #341
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Yea! Just booked a short trip to CSR - March 1 -3 business class -standard view..

But before that... Off to the Boardwalk in 4 days!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #342
MTAPierce
Excited for our 1st trip to WDW!

Room Reccomendations

Considering CSR for our trip in September. We have only stayed on site once. It was last year at CBR, and we paid for the "preferred" room as to not be too far away from the food court and pool.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for room requests for CSR? We won't be going to the food court or pool every day, and we generally eat breakfast in the room, but we'd like to be close enough to fill up our mugs in the morning or evening occasionally and I know my little boy will want to swim some too. (Although, he'd be just as happy at a quiet pool, he doesn't do slides and stuff yet)

So, what does everyone reccomend, we don't mind a little walk, but would rather not have it eat up a lot of our time.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #343
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAPierce View Post
Considering CSR for our trip in September. We have only stayed on site once. It was last year at CBR, and we paid for the "preferred" room as to not be too far away from the food court and pool.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for room requests for CSR? We won't be going to the food court or pool every day, and we generally eat breakfast in the room, but we'd like to be close enough to fill up our mugs in the morning or evening occasionally and I know my little boy will want to swim some too. (Although, he'd be just as happy at a quiet pool, he doesn't do slides and stuff yet)

So, what does everyone reccomend, we don't mind a little walk, but would rather not have it eat up a lot of our time.
If your son is not into the slides and stuff yet, I would recommend Casitas 4 or 5...it is a five minute walk at most to the main building and there is a quiet pool right by Casitas 4.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #344
JohnO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAPierce

Our stay last month was over the Christmas Holiday. We were in building 8B, Cabanas. It was great. Close to the main pool, a quiet pool, bus stop #4, and not too far of a walk from El Centro.
1977 - Disneyland, 1989 - Disneyland, 1994 - WDW All Star Sports, 1995 - WDW Old Key West, 1998 - WDW Holiday Inn Maingate, 1999 - WDW Off Property, 2006 - WDW All Star Movies 2/8 -2/16, 2007 - WDW Pop Century 2/4 - 2/14, 2007- WDW All Star Music 9/11 - 9/17, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies 10/27 - 10/30, 2008 - DCL Disney Wonder 10/20 - 11/2, 2009 - WDW All Star Movies 9/21 - 9/27, 2009 - DCL Disney Wonder 9/27 - 10/1, 2010- WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25, 2010 7nt Estrn Cruise Disney Magic10/23 - 10/30, WDW CSR 10/30 - 11/2, 2012- WDW POR 1/8 - 1/15

Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #345
MusiqChic99
Love means going out to eat so that your husband won't have to cook.

I have a question regarding Business Class rooms. We had a discount pin and the only rooms they would let us book was business class. My question is are we stuck in Cabana 9B? Can we request another area of the resort?

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: