Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #3391
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checked in at 7am this morning. The cm I had was in training with no trainer in sight with her. She didn't understand I have continuing reservations and gave me a room that was ready but it unblocked the room for Friday after I told her the room didn't need to be ready I had to head to work. She finally got frustrated with not understanding the split stay and got a trainer to take over her phone call. I felt bad giving her a situation at 7am but its reality that that can happen so lesson learned for her I guess and to relax..it's okay lol. They did fix the room as it was early enough and no one else was checking in.

I got my packet and got my mug from qsr ddp mainly to make sure my pin worked which it did. The room was ready and I dropped my stuff off and went to the lounge for breakfast. They had all the same items from the fall when we stayed there. We're at csr for 3 nights before 3 at CBR which looks to be almost sold out according to disney.com so between that and Grainger at CSR we shall see. A guest was at the front desk this morning complaining about cheerleaders up late and running the halls so they must be there too.

I will post more later. My next ?? Is can they cut room keys still for our ddp since we have a sep reservation on Friday without ddp so my parents can use their same bands with aps linked to them....
Old 02-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #3392
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themcive4 View Post
Quick question. Is access to the Coconino Club Level Lounge automatically included when booking a business class room?
Yes
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #3393
gatorgirl72
Earning My Ears

Last Nov we stayed at the GF and had out last night at CSR due to no room avail at GF. Anyway, when we left GF and got to CSR around noon we were shocked by the lack of greeting from the bellhops, and then we got no offer of help with our luggage but they did politely ask us to move our car to the parking area while we checked in. We really love the feel of the resort & rooms at CS so we are giving it another try in May. So, here is my question....do they offer bell services that will deliver my luggage to my room? We are staying in business class if location to El Centro makes a difference?!
CSR - May 2014; GF & CSR - Nov/Dec, 2013; SOG - Aug/Sept, 2013; POFQ - July, 2013; CR - Aug 2012, offsite - 1990, 1993, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2011 // Disneyland offsite 1997, 1999, 2000 *** DCL Dream - July 2014

Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #3394
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl72 View Post
...do they offer bell services that will deliver my luggage to my room?
Yup.

Quote:
We are staying in business class if location to El Centro makes a difference?!
That doesn't make a difference.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #3395
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last Nov we stayed at the GF and had out last night at CSR due to no room avail at GF. Anyway, when we left GF and got to CSR around noon we were shocked by the lack of greeting from the bellhops, and then we got no offer of help with our luggage but they did politely ask us to move our car to the parking area while we checked in. We really love the feel of the resort & rooms at CS so we are giving it another try in May. So, here is my question....do they offer bell services that will deliver my luggage to my room? We are staying in business class if location to El Centro makes a difference?!
We weren't offered any help until we went to bell services to get our garden grocer order. Then they brought our groceries to us in a golf cart and took us and all our carry on items to our room. So it is definitely available, you just might have to ask for it.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #3396
Lefty33
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down

This is going to be a long rant.

We were at CSR from the 2nd-8th for our second stay there within the last 15 months and it will most definitely be our last.

Got there on the 2nd at around 8am to attempt to check in and nothing was available for me. I say me because I noticed to my left and right people associated with I think a group from Microsoft were getting rooms, so I asked Pat why could they get a room but you’re telling me that you have no timetable? She initially danced around the question but eventually more or less said that CSR needs to accommodate this large group since they are Disney’s convention hotel. Obviously saying that implied that my business or the business of anyone not associated with this/a group is useless.

So eventually she makes some calls and says that we’ll be on the 3rd floor of 6A and that they would send me a text later as to when my room will be ready. I didn’t want to be all the way across from El Centro and I also didn’t want to be on the 3rd floor but she said that the resort was full that week and that her hands were tied.

Whatever.

So we go to HS for the day and naturally that text about our room being available never came. So we get back around 8pm and after waiting in line for a good 20-25 minutes (only 2 cast members to check people in yet the check in area is packed) it’s finally my turn and the guy I deal with initially says that my room is still not ready which is why I never got a text.

Que pasa?

So I show him the map where Pat circled 6A along with the 3rd floor and he said that room was given to someone else and that he would have to make some calls. So after a few calls he says all he has is 2nd floor in 6B. Oh good, so we’re still on the opposite end of the resort from El Centro, not on the 1st floor and now farther away from the parking lot and pretty much everything else. Again, he’s “sorry” but that’s all they have left for the week.

So we get to the room to find the fridge is not turned on or plugged in, no extra TP in the room plus the roll on the spool has already been started, two of the handles of the dresser are broken/only half attached and behind the bathroom door is a fairly large clump of “hair”.

Awesome.

So I call to get more TP and the hair cleaned up and naturally no one shows up.
We’re tired from the long drive from PA and the day at HS so we opt to go to sleep and fight this tomorrow. So I call the next morning and was told that TP would come and the hair would get cleaned up. We leave for AK and when we come back around 6pm there are four rolls of TP in our room but the hair is still there and now, we have no bath towels.

Now I have to call again to get the hair cleaned up plus bath towels. 45 minutes later they show with the towels plus even more TP since apparently I had just called for both. So now I finally have bath towels along with seven rolls of TP in our room plus the hair still behind the door.

As an FYI, by the time we checked out on the 8th the hair had never been cleaned up and I don’t think our room was vacuumed once during the week plus the handles on the dresser were never fixed.

We also had an incident with one of our dining ADR’s needing to get changed due to the location “opening for dinner” without working ovens so only sandwiches and soups were available. After deciding to go to the pool (which when we get to the pool we find out that Siesta’s had closed before 6 without explanation instead of staying open until it’s posted closing time of 7) and just eat at Pepper Market I attempted to go to the concierge at CSR who said that he would help me out and get me a time at a different restaurant later in the week that he swore wouldn’t conflict with any of our FP times except, he booked it at the exact same time as our FP for Soarin’ which I had to fix myself after I figured that out the next day.

I could go on but it’s exhausting.

Most of the cast members’ attitude’s we encountered at CSR were indifferent at best except for a few at Pepper Market. From Pat’s attitude at check in, being told to expect at text that never came, coming back at 8pm without having a room assigned, coming into a dirty room/not ready room with no other options, to the concierge screwing up an ADR time to having a reservation for a restaurant (it was Captain’s Grill – non CSR I know but it was part of crap week of experiences) that knew all day it wouldn’t have a working oven yet reservations were still being accepted and no one was told until you got there……we had about had it.

Yet of course with Disney you really can’t complain because while everyone is “sorry”, their hands are tied and there is a complete lack of any supervisorial/management presence to step in and either right any wrongs or to compensate you for what are problems that are rooted in their own screwups/oversights.

Overall our time in the parks was fine.
But there is no way we’ll ever spend a nickel at CSR in the future ever again.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #3397
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari0180 View Post
Just wanted to give a brief review of our stay. We were there from Jan 31st-Feb 7th, we stayed in the business class section of the hotel and it was fantastic! We were in room 9641, it was on the second floor on the back side, but a perfect location, we just had to go down a flight of stairs and around the corner to both the lounge and to get to the bus station. Our room was very nice, housekeeping did a good job, I left a note one morning for more lotion and came home that night to 5 bottles!! The lounge was great, for the most part the staff was fantastic. In the morning, there was a ton of fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, yogurt and juice. In the evening, there were chips and dip (the leek dip was fantastic) beer, wine, soda and sangria. I know there were some questions about whether the sangria was still offered and it is, you just have to ask for it Bus service was fantastic!!! I'll admit I was concerned that 9B is near the last bus stop, but we never had to stand on the bus, we always had a seat, I think the longest we ever had to wait for a bus was 5 minutes and we got to the parks fast too, even MK! We have stayed at value and deluxe resorts before, but this was our first time at a moderate and this was by far our best experience with any of the Disney hotels, we loved it! My husband doesn't even want to try another hotel, he said we will always stay business class at CSR from now on!!
What are the hours for the business class lounge?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 02-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #3398
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
What are the hours for the business class lounge?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
7:00-10:00am and 5:00-10:00pm (unless something recently changed)

Old 02-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #3399
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

I took advantage of the spring discount Disney is offering and reserved 4 nights at CSR at the beginning of April. I've never stayed at CSR and was very excited to try it, but now I'm reading these negative reviews on here from recent stays.

The Spring World 2014 convention will be there while I'm there. Should I switch to another resort? Or still give CSR a try?

My Disney Trip Reports:
A Big Blue World at AOA with the Fab Four - Nov. 2012 - AOA Finding Nemo suite
3 Weeks to plan a solo trip! - Nov. 2014 PTR
Old 02-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #3400
judaloo
Mouseketeer

We are staying at CSR for the second time this June. We had no problems, and found the beds to be very comfortable, the pool outstanding, the bus service the best of any property. It sounds like the previous poster had an awful experience, and I can't blame him for not wanting to return; however, there are plenty of fabulous reviews of this resort. I can say, I've never stayed during a very large convention, but I would still think his/her experience is the exception, not the rule. (I don't think what occurred is acceptable at ANY property, from value to deluxe...hope that they write a letter to Disney to complain.)
Old 02-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #3401
coolbrook
Mouseketeer

So excited! I just booked our April stay at CSR. Looking forward to the beach, the pools, the Business class location and lounge, the elegant looking rooms, the Pepper Market food court, and the landscaping. We stayed there 15 years ago or so with my husband's work meeting and didn't really like it. We stayed in casitas then and the rooms were not as nice looking back then. We ate at Maya grill and the blackened chicken was basically burnt. We probably won't eat there even though it might be very different/better now. We never made it to the pool and didn't have kids with us then. This will be a whole different trip and I am really looking forward to it!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #3402
karenTX
Still waiting for that darn Tag Fairy!!!

Very nervous! Just switched from our usual POFQ to CSR to try something new. I need to be close to a bus stop since DD legs ache from her medication a lot. All business class and perferred room were unavailable with my discount. So...should I request Casitas 4 or 5 or is there a better suggestion in Cabanas? Thanks!!

Born 3 Months Too Soon!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/2ib6gwydfzyue3sh.png[/img]
Old 02-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #3403
coolbrook
Mouseketeer

Check out the maps in post 4 on the first page of this thread which highlight the location of the bus stops. In the first one you can see where some of the casitas rooms are pretty far from that bus stop which is also across a big parking lot. In the second map you can read the building numbers a little bit. Hope that helps.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #3404
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
I took advantage of the spring discount Disney is offering and reserved 4 nights at CSR at the beginning of April. I've never stayed at CSR and was very excited to try it, but now I'm reading these negative reviews on here from recent stays.

The Spring World 2014 convention will be there while I'm there. Should I switch to another resort? Or still give CSR a try?
Don't worry! We're headed back to CSR (our favorite overall resort) for the 5th time in May. Any resort at Disney, or any other location, can and will have issues at some point. Our most recent stay at CSR had a couple of issues, but I went to the front desk to let them know about them, and the issues were resolved quickly. CSR is a beautiful resort with so much to offer....You'll have a great time!!!

Old 02-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #3405
4myboyz
Earning My Ears

I have a question about dining...specifically Pepper Market. We are coming for our first stay at CSR in August. I have been researching and Pepper Market seems to be a step up from most QS dining locations, but what is the current set up? I saw that it had been a buffet but I believe I read that is no longer the case? TIA
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: