Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #3376
lowlight79
Earning My Ears

I see all you folks talking about business class, should I upgrade from a preferred room to business class?
Old 02-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #3377
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari0180 View Post
Just wanted to give a brief review of our stay. We were there from Jan 31st-Feb 7th, we stayed in the business class section of the hotel and it was fantastic! We were in room 9641, it was on the second floor on the back side, but a perfect location, we just had to go down a flight of stairs and around the corner to both the lounge and to get to the bus station. Our room was very nice, housekeeping did a good job, I left a note one morning for more lotion and came home that night to 5 bottles!! The lounge was great, for the most part the staff was fantastic. In the morning, there was a ton of fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, yogurt and juice. In the evening, there were chips and dip (the leek dip was fantastic) beer, wine, soda and sangria. I know there were some questions about whether the sangria was still offered and it is, you just have to ask for it Bus service was fantastic!!! I'll admit I was concerned that 9B is near the last bus stop, but we never had to stand on the bus, we always had a seat, I think the longest we ever had to wait for a bus was 5 minutes and we got to the parks fast too, even MK! We have stayed at value and deluxe resorts before, but this was our first time at a moderate and this was by far our best experience with any of the Disney hotels, we loved it! My husband doesn't even want to try another hotel, he said we will always stay business class at CSR from now on!!
Do they have berries in the morning at breakfast???
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #3378
cheermouse
Earning My Ears

I just returned from a weekend stay at Coronado. I had previously stayed there many years ago. With the cheer competition there this weekend there was not much hotel availablility, so I decided on Coronado. I have to say I was just not really happy there. It started when we checked in at 2:15. I had requested building 1 or 3, building ( preferred) first floor, as I had two sets of luggage I needed to transport. She said they had me booked in building 3 floor 1, but they did not have any idea when it would be ready and probably would be after 3:00. She probably told me four times, that rooms did not ahve to be ready before 3. I understood that, but she was telling me it would be after 3. I needed to unload my luggage to go to the airport to pick someone up, so I really needed the room then. I ended up in building 2 floor 2. I was not happy. I guess what really bothered me was her attitude, she was not in the disney spirit. The rest of the weekend, I just felt like it was that way. Everyone seemed to just be doing there job, nothing more. When I checked my bags to the airport, he said he couldn't print my boarding pass, because I didnt have seats. I went to the business office and sure enough, had seats and printed my boarding pass. I also still can't undestand how they built this hotel so spread out around the lake. With so many other disney choices, I would not stay here again.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #3379
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight79 View Post
I see all you folks talking about business class, should I upgrade from a preferred room to business class?
I think most will be disappointed by the preferred rooms. They are closer to the food court than most, but depending on which room you get can be 5-10 min walk to the main pool. When we stayed in a preferred room at CBR it was literally right beside the food court and pool, I suspect this is what most people would be expecting.

The Business Class rooms are the best location at CSR. You are 2 min walk to food court, 2 min walk to main pool, 1 min walk to quiet pool/laundry, 1 min walk to bus stop. The only major amenity that is more than a 2 min walk is the fitness center which is about 5 mins away. We stayed in the Business Class room last trip strictly for the premium location, any use we got out of the BC lounge was just a bonus to us.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #3380
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Help...

Never stood here before and wondering when check-in starts in the morning... we will be there by 7:00am Thank you
Old 02-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #3381
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

You can check in at any time, but you may not be able to go straight to the room. We will be checking in at 1, and will leave our luggage with guest services and go to the park if our rooms are not ready yet.

I would add a note that you will be there early morning, maybe they can arrange for you to check into a previously unoccupied room, you might be able to go in right away then.

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 02-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #3382
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermouse View Post
I just returned from a weekend stay at Coronado. I had previously stayed there many years ago. With the cheer competition there this weekend there was not much hotel availablility, so I decided on Coronado. I have to say I was just not really happy there. It started when we checked in at 2:15. I had requested building 1 or 3, building ( preferred) first floor, as I had two sets of luggage I needed to transport. She said they had me booked in building 3 floor 1, but they did not have any idea when it would be ready and probably would be after 3:00. She probably told me four times, that rooms did not ahve to be ready before 3. I understood that, but she was telling me it would be after 3. I needed to unload my luggage to go to the airport to pick someone up, so I really needed the room then. I ended up in building 2 floor 2. I was not happy. I guess what really bothered me was her attitude, she was not in the disney spirit. The rest of the weekend, I just felt like it was that way. Everyone seemed to just be doing there job, nothing more. When I checked my bags to the airport, he said he couldn't print my boarding pass, because I didnt have seats. I went to the business office and sure enough, had seats and printed my boarding pass. I also still can't undestand how they built this hotel so spread out around the lake. With so many other disney choices, I would not stay here again.
A possible suggestion would be to leave the luggage with bell services until the room was ready.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #3383
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougrad86 View Post
You can check in at any time, but you may not be able to go straight to the room. We will be checking in at 1, and will leave our luggage with guest services and go to the park if our rooms are not ready yet.

I would add a note that you will be there early morning, maybe they can arrange for you to check into a previously unoccupied room, you might be able to go in right away then.
Great... we are driving so leaving luggage with guess service is nice. I will try to make early arrangement, thank you so much:
Old 02-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #3384
5terre
Mouseketeer

Anyone know about the Purina or Spiritual Living conventions next week? We are booked at CBR but rooms have opened up at CSR so thinking of switching for the queen beds and more updated rooms. We were at CSR once during Grainger, and it was crazy, they closed the Dig Site and 2 quiet pools our last day for the convention, we were very disappointed as that was our resort day. I just called CSR and they weren't sure they were allowed to tell me anything about groups.

Here is the link to the Purina info:
http://www.heritage-trading.com/heri...po_Feb2014.pdf

Spiritual Living link, which is not opening for me so I can't see the schedule:
spiritualconvention.csl.org/‎

It sounds like this may be a lot with two different conventions at once. Would I be better off staying at CBR?
Feb 2011 ~ Coronado - (6)'s first trip... MAGICAL!!
2000 ~ All-Star Sports
91, 93, 96, 98 ~ Caribbean Beach
87 ~ off-property
Old 02-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #3385
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre View Post
Anyone know about the Purina or Spiritual Living conventions next week? We are booked at CBR but rooms have opened up at CSR so thinking of switching for the queen beds and more updated rooms. We were at CSR once during Grainger, and it was crazy, they closed the Dig Site and 2 quiet pools our last day for the convention, we were very disappointed as that was our resort day. I just called CSR and they weren't sure they were allowed to tell me anything about groups.

Here is the link to the Purina info:
http://www.heritage-trading.com/heri...po_Feb2014.pdf

Spiritual Living link, which is not opening for me so I can't see the schedule:
spiritualconvention.csl.org/‎

It sounds like this may be a lot with two different conventions at once. Would I be better off staying at CBR?
They completely closed all the pools to non-convention guests?? How can they even do that. Hell would hath no fury if they pulled that on me...
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #3386
5terre
Mouseketeer

In particular I am concerned about the "Dealer Appreciation Party Walt Disney Resort Style - a special day like only Walt Disney World can provide for families and staff." This statement gives me visions of the Dig Site and beach closed with tables set up everywhere for said party like what happened to us during Grainger. And we plan to use the Dig Site/hammocks that afternoon.
2000 ~ All-Star Sports
87 ~ off-property
Old 02-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #3387
themcive4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight79 View Post
I was coming down to go to POP from the 28th to the 3rd of March this year. But now I upgraded to CSR, cannot wait, never been there before.
I just did the same thing. We come down on the 25th and just decided to upgrade today to CSR. Cant wait to check it out!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #3388
5terre
Mouseketeer

Athrillingchase - Yes! Everyone who wanted to swim had to go to Ranchos and it was really crowded. We checked out of our room that morning, went to MK for early CRT, then came back at noon to spend the afternoon at the Dig Site until our flight later that night. Were shocked to return to find pools closed, tables set up everywhere, even on the beaches. I complained and got the room comped, we would just have stayed at MK had we been given any notice.
2000 ~ All-Star Sports
87 ~ off-property
Old 02-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #3389
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5terre View Post
Athrillingchase - Yes! Everyone who wanted to swim had to go to Ranchos and it was really crowded. We checked out of our room that morning, went to MK for early CRT, then came back at noon to spend the afternoon at the Dig Site until our flight later that night. Were shocked to return to find pools closed, tables set up everywhere, even on the beaches. I complained and got the room comped, we would just have stayed at MK had we been given any notice.
That is completely unacceptable. It is one thing to give notice, it is entirely another to just throw up a "closed" sign.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #3390
themcive4
Mouseketeer

Question

Quick question. Is access to the Coconino Club Level Lounge automatically included when booking a business class room?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: