Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #3316
coreynyc
Mouseketeer

Hi, I was wondering about the bathroom sliding doors & how well they quiet down noise from the bathroom.

I am in early stages of planning a trip with my wife & son (he'll be 2 at the time of trip).

Obviously, we'll be heading back to the room for naps with him and he'll generally sleep more than my wife & I do. So, I am wondering if my wife or I wanted to make use of "the facilities", to what extent will the noise from the toilet/sink/shower be blocked by the doors?

TIA
Old 01-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #3317
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Well, they are nice heavy doors, but you'll still be able to hear some of the noise coming from the vanity area. There is a regular door to the shower and toilet, so if you plan on a shower, and close both the bathroom door and the wooden door, you'll be good. Whenever anyone has a concern about noise at a resort, I always suggest a white noise ap. Before we all got smart phones, I always took a portable white noise machine to drown out my neighbors coming back really late, people at the pool or kiddos having a lot of fun next door. It makes a huge difference for us!!!

Last edited by ciera321; 01-23-2014 at 12:17 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #3318
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

The wooden doors don't block out all the noise, but it certainly helps a lot!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #3319
coreynyc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciera321 View Post
Well, they are nice heavy doors, but you'll still be able to hear some of the noise coming from the vanity area. There is a regular door to the shower and toilet, so if you plan on a shower, and close both the bathroom door and the wooden door, you'll be good. Whenever anyone has a concern about noise at a resort, I always suggest a white noise ap. Before we all got smart phones, I always took a portable white noise machine to drown out my neighbors coming back really late, people at the pool or kiddos having a lot of fun next door. It makes a huge difference for us!!!
Thanks. Now I just have to weigh whether the door in the room is more important than the smaller grounds at POFQ
Old 01-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #3320
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreynyc View Post
Thanks. Now I just have to weigh whether the door in the room is more important than the smaller grounds at POFQ
Well, I love CSR, and have our 5th stay coming up in August, but it is a large resort. We stayed at POFQ last January and we loved the close proximity to everything, and the boat to DTD. We also loved walking over to POR to see Bob Jackson perform! He's so much fun!!! Both resorts are really nice, it just depends on what works best for you. Have a wonderful time!

Old 01-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #3321
missnic07
DIS Veteran

I'm staying here in August and was just wondering if anyone has used Garden Grocers and if they incurred a delivery charge?
I've read that if it gets sent to the business section you incur a charge but if it gets sent to the operations desk you don't. GG have said that they don't use a delivery shipper (FEDEX,UPS etc) and that they deliver themselves..I just don't know which part they would deliver to.
So if anyone has used them, did you get charged? Thanka
Old 01-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #3322
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnic07 View Post
I'm staying here in August and was just wondering if anyone has used Garden Grocers and if they incurred a delivery charge?
I've read that if it gets sent to the business section you incur a charge but if it gets sent to the operations desk you don't. GG have said that they don't use a delivery shipper (FEDEX,UPS etc) and that they deliver themselves..I just don't know which part they would deliver to.
So if anyone has used them, did you get charged? Thanka
My experience in November --
We got there and I asked at check in where to get my grocer delivery. He was totally confused and referred me to the business center. I panicked about having to pay a fee, and they were closing in five minutes. So we ran there, and they said there was NO way the delivery would go there as they have no fridge. So we went back to the front desk and told to check with the desk just off the entry. I can't remember it's official title. (Remembered -- Bell services) But our GG delivery was there. NO charge to get it. And they offered to take it and us and our bags to our room via a golf cart. That was totally worth tipping since we had ordered a lot of water and pop and that walk would have been long.

Last edited by Nechville; 01-24-2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Remembered -- Bell Services!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #3323
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
My experience in November -- We got there and I asked at check in where to get my grocer delivery. He was totally confused and referred me to the business center. I panicked about having to pay a fee, and they were closing in five minutes. So we ran there, and they said there was NO way the delivery would go there as they have no fridge. So we went back to the front desk and told to check with the desk just off the entry. I can't remember it's official title. (Remembered -- Bell services) But our GG delivery was there. NO charge to get it. And they offered to take it and us and our bags to our room via a golf cart. That was totally worth tipping since we had ordered a lot of water and pop and that walk would have been long.
Brilliant! Thanks for replying
Old 01-25-2014, 05:28 AM   #3324
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Coconino Cove

Good Morning! My Mom is determined to surprise my boys (twins who will almost be 13 when we go in November) with this trip. Like, the day of. We pulled it off for their 7th birthday, but now I'm not so sure we can do it. DH is staying home this trip.
Anyway... I think I can surprise them with Coconino Cove. Do you need your key/MB to enter? Just thinking we can walk by it and they'll start with "we wish we could go in there!" Then I can say, we'll try it!
Before I booked at CS I was asking the kids what their ideal hotel would be (we've stayed at Pop, ASMov, ASMus, BC Club Level, Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, SAratoga Springs, and AofA (std and suites). They said "some place different with that "free food room" and a pool slide. I know it's not as much stuff as BC Club Level, but it's enough for them! We are RD people so it will help with the mornings for sure.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #3325
JennyLeeG
Earning My Ears

Been lurking for a while... Leaving a week from tomorrow for 7 days at CSR! Super excited to be so close to go time
Can anyone confirm if there are lines for hanging wet clothes in the bathrooms?

I read it somewhere in the early stage of planning and can't remember if CSR was the resort or not. TIA! And thanks to all who contribute - it has been a huge help in planning.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #3326
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLeeG View Post
Been lurking for a while... Leaving a week from tomorrow for 7 days at CSR! Super excited to be so close to go time Can anyone confirm if there are lines for hanging wet clothes in the bathrooms? I read it somewhere in the early stage of planning and can't remember if CSR was the resort or not. TIA! And thanks to all who contribute - it has been a huge help in planning.
Just checked in today and yes there at lines in the bathroom! Have fun!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Old 01-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #3327
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

We will be staying at CSR in September for the first time and I am super excited...

Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #3328
JennyLeeG
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
Just checked in today and yes there at lines in the bathroom! Have fun!!!
Thanks a bunch! Enjoy your stay!!!

Old 01-26-2014, 06:22 AM   #3329
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLeeG View Post
Thanks a bunch! Enjoy your stay!!!
Thanks! We stayed here in 2001 and it was just OK. The remodel is beautiful, the rooms are very nice, I love the dark wood. The bathroom doors are super helpful, but my one tip would be that there needs to be some sort of latch? They don't stay together very well when you close them. Even though these are doors, I feel like the Port Orleans curtains were more private. So far no issues with transportation. I do miss the boat to Downtown Disney.

We did get some Pixie Dust yesterday..... For the first time ever....EVER.... our rooms were ready at check-in! YAY!!!
We arrived about 1115AM and when we checked in all 3 of our rooms were ready. First time we've been able to go to the rooms and relax for a bit first! I told my DH that this was God's way of making up for not having a boat to take us to Puck Express.....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Old 01-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #3330
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Good Morning! My Mom is determined to surprise my boys (twins who will almost be 13 when we go in November) with this trip. Like, the day of. We pulled it off for their 7th birthday, but now I'm not so sure we can do it. DH is staying home this trip.
Anyway... I think I can surprise them with Coconino Cove. Do you need your key/MB to enter? Just thinking we can walk by it and they'll start with "we wish we could go in there!" Then I can say, we'll try it!
Before I booked at CS I was asking the kids what their ideal hotel would be (we've stayed at Pop, ASMov, ASMus, BC Club Level, Contemporary, Caribbean Beach, SAratoga Springs, and AofA (std and suites). They said "some place different with that "free food room" and a pool slide. I know it's not as much stuff as BC Club Level, but it's enough for them! We are RD people so it will help with the mornings for sure.
Yes it is accessed with your Magic Band. Only guests with a Business Class room will have access.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: