Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:34 AM   #3271
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksgirl View Post
My family is going to WDW for the first time this December.. We were going to book at riverside but I was checking out other resorts and this one seems better and $500.00 cheaper for 10 days stay!! As a first timer at CSR these are my questions..

Booking a two queen standard view.. Or better to pay more for a view? Or preferred room??

Shall I request to be near bus stop #2 for ease of getting bus seats?

What discounts will come out for dec 2-12 2014?
Or Will they be later out for a later stays in dec?

1900 park fare and Cinderella royal table good character meals?..

Any other first time suggestions?

My family consists of me and my husband and then 8 year old daughter!!

Please hit me with advice?? Thanks a disney obsessed mom!! And first time guest !!

Welcome this will be my fourth visit to coronado springs! You can request any area but no guarantee that you will get it. Last visit we were in ranchos area the bus stop was 2-3 min from room ...very reasonable

No guarantee for discounts at any given time really...if there will be any you will start to see them this summer or later.

We go to 1900 park fare instead of Cindy royal table. Cheaper but we still get Cinderella experience, it's first dinner of every trip we also love chef mickey and crystal palace for breakfasts

Back from Oct 2014 trip...Where we were engaged, and brother and fiance were too!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #3272
Son of Gadsden
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

Quote:
My family is going to WDW for the first time this December.. We were going to book at riverside but I was checking out other resorts and this one seems better and $500.00 cheaper for 10 days stay!! As a first timer at CSR these are my questions..

Booking a two queen standard view.. Or better to pay more for a view? Or preferred room??

Please hit me with advice?? Thanks a disney obsessed mom!! And first time guest !!
Personally, I wouldn't go for a room with a view. This resort in particular didn't have a lot that I cared to see. What I mean by that, is places like poly, CR, and GF have views of firework shows, parades, theme parks, etc. There is just a lake without anything going on at CSR. I, personally, would go for preferred if you're going to pay for location. But when I stayed, I just went standard and don't think I could have had a better room.

We were at stop #4 for our stay, and as I said, i don't think we could have had a better room. I honestly think we had the best room on the property. Could not have been closer to stop #4, and I didn't really notice a lot of full buses. In fact, a lot of the time the buses were empty when they got to us. The good thing about being at stop #4 is that all theme park buses go straight to the lobby from that point, so it's very easy to get to El Centro for food, or drink refills before heading to the park. I really don't think the stops matter too much. Just my opinion. I'm a one time visitor at CSR, so I could be wrong.

We stayed Nov 29-Dec 8 2013. We had a pin for free dining, but instead booked through orbitz and got about a 30% discount. Discounts are pretty random, you just have to wait around and keep a watch.

We don't have kids and we tried Park Fare for the first time last trip and I think that was the best breakfast I've ever had. Definitely the best breakfast on Disney property in my opinion. The wife was also excited to meet Alice and Hatter as she's a huge Alice fan. We also tried CRT. I have been about a million times through my childhood, but I haven't been for over 10 years, and DW had never been, so I figured it'd be a fun experience. We had fun. The food was okay, not great. But it's more about the experience of eating in Cinderella's Castle, and we got about the best view in the house of Fantasyland. If you're going for good food, don't go. If you want to eat in the castle, go. I thought it was worth the money (in Disney worth, anyway). We probably won't go back until we have kids, but it's definitely something to experience at least once.

Poly- '92, '94,'98, '00, '11, '12,
POR- 10'
AoA- April '13, Dec '13
Pop- Dec '13, Apr '14
CSR- '13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #3273
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:

1900 park fare and Cinderella royal table good character meals?
We stayed in Cabanas 2b, a standard room with view of quiet pool and lake the lake - but tbh it didn't matter what the view was, we didn't come to CSR to spend time looking out of the window

Buses were never full, we always had a seat which never happened at our stays at Pop and POR.

We had breakfast at CRT which was great, food was ok but for us the real bonus was getting an early ressie and being able to take some pics of the kids in front of the castle on a near empty main street, and also have them meet 5 princesses at one meal

May 2005 - 18 days, 2 weeks at Pop Century and 4 days Gulf Coast
May 2010 - 3 weeks including our Wedding - 10 days at the Pop, 7 days POR
and 5 days Honeymoon onboard the Disney Wonder

October 2012 - 17 days at CSR
May 2015 - 17 days at CSR again
Old 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #3274
caravarela
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
Double checking what I think I know about doing laundry at CSR. Please correct me if I'm wrong! 1- Laundry facilities are on site and one can be found in each section. 2- Change machines are available and take $1s, $5s and $10s so I do not need to take rolls of quarters. 3- $2 per wash cycle and $2 for a 20-30 min dry time. Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.
From now on I will always bring quarters, because on my last trip the change machine was broken and I had to lug my suitcase full of dirty laundry all the way to el centro to get quarters! Just a tip

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach Pirate Room
November 14: Coronado Springs
Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #3275
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Cabanas

We stayed in 8B @standard price in Sept 2012. Awesome building. When I called yesterday to make our reservation for June, the CM told us all of Cabanas is now "business class".

We'd really like to stay in 8A or 8B again. Nice proximity to pool and stopping to get breakfast at El Centro on the way to the busses.

Is this true, or did I get a CM that didn't know what she was talking about? She had to look it up, as she wasn't sure.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #3276
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
We stayed in 8B @standard price in Sept 2012. Awesome building. When I called yesterday to make our reservation for June, the CM told us all of Cabanas is now "business class".

We'd really like to stay in 8A or 8B again. Nice proximity to pool and stopping to get breakfast at El Centro on the way to the busses.

Is this true, or did I get a CM that didn't know what she was talking about? She had to look it up, as she wasn't sure.
It's only 9b that's business class. I just stayed in a standard 8b in December. Like you, I really enjoyed the location for the proximity to pool, el centro, and I really don't think I could have been closer to the bus stop. I say go for booking standard and request cabanas.

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
Old 01-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #3277
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh0013 View Post
It's only 9b that's business class. I say go for booking standard and request cabanas.

Only 9B is business class. The rest of the cabanas, all of the ranchos, and casitas 4 and 5 are standard buildings. Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #3278
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We stayed at both POR and CSR last October, both good choices to consider. The bulk of our stay was at CSR, standard view. While we requested Cabanas the resort was completely full and we were put in Rancheros 6A. At first we cringed because of the location, but we had a really nice corner room with a lovely view of a pond, had a rental car so the remote location wasn't a bother, and it was nice and quiet. My suggestion is unless you pay for a location, it is not a guarantee, so don't totally get your hopes too high if you go in with standard or water view and get placed in the "boonies." If you don't get your request, just take a deep breath and live in the moment. It's really such a great resort and having extra $$ in your pocket will allow you to enjoy other things. The Rancheros are a gorgeous location, and still a quick walk to the Dig Site. Bus stop #3 was great, #4 sometimes filled up the bus depending on the park, and by #1 stop there was very little room, if any left on the bus (October during Free Dining, so somewhat busy). I would pay extra for Business Class (9B Cabanas) for the perk of the lounge and location, but not for a view.

We enjoyed 'Ohana and Crystal Palace breakfasts, and will try CRT next trip for sure when DD is 8.

Discounts roll out in late Summer. They came out for Oct-Dec on August 1 last year, and in 2012 promos came out early/mid- July. Last year there was Free Dining or room only discounts (25% on moderates).

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
Old 01-16-2014, 05:50 AM   #3279
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

I just called in my room requests and requested 9B. The CM made sure I wasn't requesting a "Preferred" room, and said that 9B wasn't preferred, so she noted it on my reservation. Previous posts indicate 9B is "Business Class"? What does that mean? What's the difference?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
Old 01-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #3280
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
I just called in my room requests and requested 9B. The CM made sure I wasn't requesting a "Preferred" room, and said that 9B wasn't preferred, so she noted it on my reservation. Previous posts indicate 9B is "Business Class"? What does that mean? What's the difference?
Business Class is a room 'type' you can book. It means that you have access to the lounge with bagels, pastries, fruit, cereal for Breakfast and some snacks and drinks from 5-10pm. It is a little more expensive than booking "Preferred". I don't think you can request to be put in 9B, but you can pay to be put in 9B. (Or hope for an upgrade, but I heard that they are not doing 'free' upgrades to Business Class at CSR)

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #3281
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

9B is business class with access to Coconino Cove for continental breakfast and beer, wine, snacks in the evening from 5-10.

They are not considered preferred rooms but you pay a higher price for these rooms because of the access to Coconino Cove with amenities. I do not know if there are any "preferred" views/room within the 9B Business Class category. We had a corner room on the first floor and it was fine.

We booked the 9B in October and really like it and just booked 9B again for March. There are pics of Coconino Cove on the first page of this thread.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 01-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #3282
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
You can be in 9B and not be in business class. Your MB won't give you access to the lounge.

Casitas buildings 1, 2, and 3 are designated “Preferred” and are a separate, more expensive booking category. Compared to Standard rooms, Preferred rooms are $30/night more expensive. Casitas 1 is closest to the food, main building, and main bus stop. Casitas 2 and 3 aren’t much further away.
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
Old 01-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #3283
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
You can be in 9B and not be in business class. Your MB won't give you access to the lounge.

Casitas buildings 1, 2, and 3 are designated “Preferred” and are a separate, more expensive booking category. Compared to Standard rooms, Preferred rooms are $30/night more expensive. Casitas 1 is closest to the food, main building, and main bus stop. Casitas 2 and 3 aren’t much further away.
Interesting....we were told by CM's that 9B is strictly for business class guests.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 01-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #3284
turtlegirl41
Earning My Ears

Can someone provide more information about the coffee makers in the room? Specifically how many cups are in each room, how many coffee pods, creamer and sugar. We have 3 coffee drinkers, will we all be able to have coffee? Can I request extra coffee from Mousekeeping? Can we make hot water for hot chocolate or tea that we bring? Thanks.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #3285
PrincessPiperMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlegirl41 View Post
Can someone provide more information about the coffee makers in the room? Specifically how many cups are in each room, how many coffee pods, creamer and sugar. We have 3 coffee drinkers, will we all be able to have coffee? Can I request extra coffee from Mousekeeping? Can we make hot water for hot chocolate or tea that we bring? Thanks.
It is a double pod coffee maker and I believe two regular and two decalf same with packs of sugar/creamer. One of the first things we did was ask for more coffee and they were wonderful and brought a full bag (and then again when we ran out). I'm sure they will bring you an extra cup if you ask as well. Yes it would also do hot water. Have fun!
6-2005 DisneyLand Offsite/6-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/10-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/12-2007 WDW Pop Century/05-2008 DisneyLand Offsite/06-2009 WDW Offsite/09-2009 WDW Pop Century/04-2010 WDW Pop Century/11-2011 WDW Pop Century/12-2012 WDW Pop Century/10-2013 WDW CSR/3-2014 WDW CSR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: