Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #3226
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Enjoy your trip!

They are no longer charging a service charge at Pepper Market. At least once person has posted that there are no servers, but I haven't been there to confirm. I think you still get the card to stamp and pay at the end.
That is correct, they no longer have servers but you do have to get a card stamped when you order and pay when you leave. There is a drink island in the middle for refills.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #3227
jkthorstad
Mouseketeer

Trip in 2 weeks

We will be arriving to CSR in 2 weeks. Wondering if anyone has been recently that can tell me if the pools are open, and what the hours are? IN addition, do you know what time the busses start running in the morning?

SOOOOOOOOOO excited!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #3228
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t. View Post
That is correct, they no longer have servers but you do have to get a card stamped when you order and pay when you leave. There is a drink island in the middle for refills.
So now that PM is not a buffet, can we get pastries and other small items as snack credits?

Old 01-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #3229
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

We're going to be at Coronado Springs next week!! I am beyond excited and can't wait to try Pepper Market. Is there anything I must try?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #3230
CaliSoccer
Complete Newbie to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
You can add a fifth day on Thursday, but I think it has to be before you leave the park (you can't add it on Friday). You used to be able to add days anytime within the first 14 days, but Disney had trouble with people adding days as they were leaving and then selling the tickets (it's much cheaper to go from five days to ten days than to buy the first five days). I think you will have to add before you leave the park Thursday, but you should know by then if you want another day.

I rambled a lot there, but I would look at the price for a weekly rental compared to a day and see if the convenience factor is worth it. I probably wouldn't rent for two weeks unless you stumble on a super deal and you can avoid paying a lot for transfers - you would have to pay $105 just to park it for the week on the Fantasy plus the cost of the second week. It seems like Disney transfers to/from the port were about $70 per person, so it could be cheaper to park a rental car if you were planning to transfer four people with Disney.
Thank you so very much! You have been incredibly helpful.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #3231
annieb727
DIS Veteran

So...I am going SOLO in March...after braving Disney World with my two boys Dec 14-24, I decided I needed some ME time at the World. I wanted to go to a resort that I would enjoy. I have been to disney many times...and I have stayed onsite at Pop (once for a night or two at CR -- many years ago). So I wanted a resort I would be able to just relax and feel like I was whisked away into another world.

At first I booked POR...with a King bed with an AP discount...it was about $2200 total. Then I called and got the military discount...saved me $200...down to about $2002. Then I started reading about CSR...and the business class. Turns out...I can get 11 nights at CSR standard business class for $2181 with military discount!! I went for it...changed my reservation...I'm SO excited. This place looks amazing.

I will be there March 6-17 (my spring break - in grad school)

Oh...and I have a question...are there elevators? I will have an ECV, so if not, I will need to request a first floor room. Thanks.

~ Disneyland Resort, California ~
June 1996 (1st Disney trip ever at age 17) ~ March 1998 ~ September 1998 ~ June 2000 ~ March 2001 ~ December 2001 ~ October 2005 ~ December 2005 ~ August 2006 (solo trip! Disneyland Hotel) ~ September 2006 ~ October 2007 ~ July 2008

~ Walt Disney Resort, Florida ~
June 2003 (1 night at CR / offsite) ~ February 2009 (Pop) ~ May 2012 (Pop) ~ July 2012 (solo - offsite) ~ July 2013 (offsite) ~ December 2013 (Pop)

Next trip: March 6-17, 2014 ~ Coronado Springs Resort (Business class)
Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #3232
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb727 View Post
Oh...and I have a question...are there elevators? I will have an ECV, so if not, I will need to request a first floor room. Thanks.
Yes.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #3233
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSoccer View Post
Thank you so very much! You have been incredibly helpful.
Enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieb727 View Post
So...I am going SOLO in March...after braving Disney World with my two boys Dec 14-24, I decided I needed some ME time at the World. I wanted to go to a resort that I would enjoy. I have been to disney many times...and I have stayed onsite at Pop (once for a night or two at CR -- many years ago). So I wanted a resort I would be able to just relax and feel like I was whisked away into another world.

At first I booked POR...with a King bed with an AP discount...it was about $2200 total. Then I called and got the military discount...saved me $200...down to about $2002. Then I started reading about CSR...and the business class. Turns out...I can get 11 nights at CSR standard business class for $2181 with military discount!! I went for it...changed my reservation...I'm SO excited. This place looks amazing.

I will be there March 6-17 (my spring break - in grad school)

Business class is in cabana 9B, which has two floors. There are elevators. You can request first floor by calling and noting it on your reservation.

Enjoy your solo trip!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #3234
annieb727
DIS Veteran

Thanks! And I know I will enjoy it...I can see myself reading a book in the morning in one of those hammocks...

~ Disneyland Resort, California ~
June 1996 (1st Disney trip ever at age 17) ~ March 1998 ~ September 1998 ~ June 2000 ~ March 2001 ~ December 2001 ~ October 2005 ~ December 2005 ~ August 2006 (solo trip! Disneyland Hotel) ~ September 2006 ~ October 2007 ~ July 2008

~ Walt Disney Resort, Florida ~
June 2003 (1 night at CR / offsite) ~ February 2009 (Pop) ~ May 2012 (Pop) ~ July 2012 (solo - offsite) ~ July 2013 (offsite) ~ December 2013 (Pop)

Next trip: March 6-17, 2014 ~ Coronado Springs Resort (Business class)
Old 01-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #3235
pskelly
What is your favorite ride at Disney World?

Well we went from a party of 5 to a party of 4 so just changed our Sept. reservation from POR back to Coronado!!! woot woot!!!!

DisDad Club member #22
Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #3236
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Is Business Class usually able to be booked with discount?

Hi!! Sooooo excited. We just booked a trip for November. Right now we booked rack rate, business class. If and when discounts are released for November, are Business Class rooms usually included?

My Mom wants to surprise my boys with this trip. I tried asking them what they would want if we want again. Both said a pool slide and "that room with "free" snacks." We stayed BC CL two years ago. We stayed AofA last year.... And before that we've done Pop, ASMovies, ASMusic, and Contemporary. I asked if they would want a monorail hotel. Both said no. They like the busses. So, I'm thinking CS is a perfect fit. Can't wait.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:38 AM   #3237
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Hi!! Sooooo excited. We just booked a trip for November. Right now we booked rack rate, business class. If and when discounts are released for November, are Business Class rooms usually included?

My Mom wants to surprise my boys with this trip. I tried asking them what they would want if we want again. Both said a pool slide and "that room with "free" snacks." We stayed BC CL two years ago. We stayed AofA last year.... And before that we've done Pop, ASMovies, ASMusic, and Contemporary. I asked if they would want a monorail hotel. Both said no. They like the busses. So, I'm thinking CS is a perfect fit. Can't wait.
I booked BC at CSR with military discount so I would assume other discounts are taken depending on what Disney issues for their allowance of discounts level. The hours are limited at CSR for BC though compared to CL and snacks are limited as well.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #3238
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Yes, I did see the snacks and hours are limited. The breakfast stuff is what we will take most advantage of. Then the snacks they have at night will be perfect for them when we are at the hotel. They never went for the hot apps at BC anyway.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #3239
Schminston-Mo
Mouseketeer

After bouncing around with dates and resorts, I've booked CSR for 8/2-8/9!

Thank you all for a very informative thread! I look forward to checking back and learning more until my trip!
Camping Ft. Wilderness 2004
Off Site 2007
August 2009 POP!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #3240
MinnieMSue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Hi!! Sooooo excited. We just booked a trip for November. Right now we booked rack rate, business class. If and when discounts are released for November, are Business Class rooms usually included? My Mom wants to surprise my boys with this trip. I tried asking them what they would want if we want again. Both said a pool slide and "that room with "free" snacks." We stayed BC CL two years ago. We stayed AofA last year.... And before that we've done Pop, ASMovies, ASMusic, and Contemporary. I asked if they would want a monorail hotel. Both said no. They like the busses. So, I'm thinking CS is a perfect fit. Can't wait.
We have a trip scheduled in June and just applied the discount Disney has to our trip
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: