Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #301
GoofyCrazy
Mouseketeer

We booked using the spring discount offer. We'll be at CSR May 19-25. We love the resort. The CM's are wonderful, always smiling and speaking to you. In 2010 we had the most wonderful mousekeeper. Every morning as we were heading to the parks she was always a few rooms down. Always spoke to us every time she saw us, even talked to my son (who was 6 at the time) about how much fun he was having. On our last morning as we were packing up to leave there she was a few rooms down. As my husband was loading our car she was talking to our son. When it was time for us to leave she told us bye and told our son she sure would miss his smile. Now age 9 our son remembers her. It's little things like that you always remember. I even called once we arrived home and told Disney how wonderful she was.

We were in the Rancho's 7b and loved the quite peaceful surroundings. At booking we were asked if we would like to be in that section again and we said yes. We never had any problems at all.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #302
mommyrants
Mouseketeer

It looks like the in room coffee is a 4-cup pot? Can someone verify this? I thought they had switched to the single cup pods. Thanks!! We'll be there in 31 days!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #303
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Hey guys! My dh made an awesome video of our 8 nights in Sep/Oct at our moderate "home" CSR! I know you will love it. We had such an amazing stay. We requested Casitas and got an amazing water view in building 4. We will be back to CSR for 7 nights in Feb for the Princess Half Marathon. Can't wait! We have paid for a king preferred room, and we will be requesting Casitas 3. Love that location. I just can't believe how much room is in a King room at CSR. It's really luxurious. We spent two nights at AKL Savannah View at the end of our stay, and the room was sooo small it seemed! Here is the video, enjoy! I know it will get you psyched for your upcoming stays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNpsehX2qTU
Finally got two minutes to breathe at the office and watched the video. Loved it...thank you for sharing.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #304
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrants View Post
It looks like the in room coffee is a 4-cup pot? Can someone verify this? I thought they had switched to the single cup pods. Thanks!! We'll be there in 31 days!
They have switched to the single cup pods. It is a Cuisinart. There is a picture in the second post.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #305
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Hey Princes A! I know you from the PHM thread. I will be at the CSR from 2/23-25. Love all the Youtubes you post. Maybe we can have all have a Princess meet-up. Safe travels

Cindy
Hiyo!! I'd love that! We are doing the expo friday morning. How about you?

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #306
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark

Finally got two minutes to breathe at the office and watched the video. Loved it...thank you for sharing.
You're welcome! Next time I will ask him to get footage of other areas not just Casitas :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #307
delilah18
DIS Veteran

hello does the cabana building have elevators and what level is the business class lounges on? thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #308
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Subbing. I booked CSR with the AP rate for our still-maybe Feb trip, then upgraded today to club level. Now the hard part... Waiting on the entirely beyond my control factors that will decide whether we go in Feb or have to revert to our original Aug dates.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #309
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Hiyo!! I'd love that! We are doing the expo friday morning. How about you?
Oh poop, I'm not getting there until Saturday morning. sorry

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #310
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27
Subbing. I booked CSR with the AP rate for our still-maybe Feb trip, then upgraded today to club level. Now the hard part... Waiting on the entirely beyond my control factors that will decide whether we go in Feb or have to revert to our original Aug dates.
Just curious- what are your February dates? I have not been able to upgrade for my dates. I didn't call today though. My dates are stretched over the phm weekend
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #311
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I got a letter the other day, informing me of the refurb on the pool/slide.
Good news for me! Not about the pool but about Disney being aware of
my reservation at CSR. The new website sure isn't.....
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #312
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just curious- what are your February dates? I have not been able to upgrade for my dates. I didn't call today though. My dates are stretched over the phm weekend
Feb 17 to 22, checking out the Friday of PHM weekend.

ETA: I talked to 2 CMs who couldn't seem to find business class rooms - one told me those rooms were only king beds, the other told me it was unavailable - but it was showing on the web site so I just called back until I found a CM who knew how to find it in their system. So at least right now there does seem to be some issue with CM training and booking the new rooms. It might be worth trying back to see if a different CM gets you different results.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #313
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27

ETA: I talked to 2 CMs who couldn't seem to find business class rooms - one told me those rooms were only king beds, the other told me it was unavailable - but it was showing on the web site so I just called back until I found a CM who knew how to find it in their system. So at least right now there does seem to be some issue with CM training and booking the new rooms. It might be worth trying back to see if a different CM gets you different results.
I check in on 2/20. I bet I will have a hard time switching cause the resort is bound to be pretty full that weekend (I assume).

So you were able to see it on the website? I will have to stalk the website then since I am tired of waiting on hold for an hour just to speak to a cm- only to be told there is no a availability
Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #314
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
hello does the cabana building have elevators and what level is the business class lounges on? thanks
Yes, all of the buildings have elevator access (the top floor of casitas 2 is a bit weird, but you can still get there by elevator). The business class lounge is in cabanas 9B - I'm assuming the first floor, but I haven't been to the lounge yet.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #315
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post

There are times when what you can pull up on your home computer and what the CM can find don't match up.

When I called for my February Business Class reservation, the CM couldn't get it and when I told her I could get it online, she told me to go ahead and book it! She stayed on the phone with me until I got it done, then I gave her the confirmation #, she pulled it up and added my DME info! She was an experienced, wonderful CM so it wasn't her lack of training.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: