Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #3076
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a pretty good experience at CSR Nechville, minus a few little things. I think it is just dryers at ALL the resorts that are horrible as it took several cycles even with minimal clothing in them at POFQ, SOG, and Contemporary to get them dry (which I remember all too well as everyone else in the family was napping and mommy was sitting in a room with machines lol) Thanks for the review!
Old 11-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #3077
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoftwins+1 View Post
Sounds like you had a pretty good experience at CSR Nechville, minus a few little things. I think it is just dryers at ALL the resorts that are horrible as it took several cycles even with minimal clothing in them at POFQ, SOG, and Contemporary to get them dry (which I remember all too well as everyone else in the family was napping and mommy was sitting in a room with machines lol) Thanks for the review!
Glad I'm not the only one with the dryer problems. Too bad they are like that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #3079
Claudia Kellenberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Big RPM convention next weekend at CSR. Wish we were going.
Just curious ...... what is RPM? I go home on the 9th, I wonder how busy the Pepper Market will be?
Old 11-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #3080
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyBeans View Post
Hey all... Two quick questions:

1. Can anyone tell me what the mug refill situation is like at CSR? When we went in '09, we had CSR specific mugs. Are they standardized now with the RFD technology? If so, where are the refilll stations located? I seem to remember handing my mug to a CM at Cafe Rix to refill, but imagine a different situation must be in place for rapid refills now? Will I get to fill my own mug, and are they the standardized mugs located at all resorts?

2. What's the status on room refrigerators and what is he chance I'll get one for our early January trip? I'm trying to decide if I should place a Garden Grocer order, but definitely won't without a refrigerator.

Thanks!!!
Just getting back to catch up with things and saw these questions. Someone else probably answered but here was my experience.

I barely used the soda machines. Mostly coffee and tea. But if I remember correctly when I used Pepper Market they were not doing the RFID at least the beginning of the week, after that we were at Rix a few times and I saw someone trying to use the RFID and saw the cup overflowing and when she removed it, it kept going. So looks like they are still working out kinks.
Oh and there was no one refilling mugs. It was self serve.
Little complicated at first to figure out where you get the mugs and that area also gives you the ones that are paper as well as water bottles.
Honestly I wasn't impressed with Pepper Market. I think if I used it more I would have figured it out but wasn't impressed.

We had a fridge in our room but honestly I wasn't trusting it for food.
I don't know what I did but the first night we came home to a wet rug. The back wall was all frozen and melted. My guess is that we bumped the back number dial and it shut the fridge off. I put it all the way up to 6 and it kicked back on and the back wall froze again and kept water bottles cold.
I meant to call let housekeeping know but we were so busy and not using the fridge other than when we got back to the room, I forgot.

Overall the resort was pretty. We stayed in Casita 4 and had a nice view of the lake. But on the buses at night and walking down by El Centro it definitely is a business resort. If you are a non-alcohol family, it becomes obvious that people around you are drinking. And this was the first time I really noticed a lot of smokers. Other resorts didn't have that feel.
I have to say for the amount of people there, I didn't hardly see but a few people when I was walking around. Again other than in the Rix lounge and Laguna area where people were drinking beers at night.

I would stay here again but this would not be my first choice.
I'm more a kid at heart and the other resorts were more my interest.

Now to read more posts.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
Old 11-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #3081
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Nechville, I think we were there about the same time. I wonder if we saw you. Although I don't recall a lot of who I saw. I was very focused on me getting from A (a park) to B (bed) and didn't "socialize" as I have in the past. We were on the corner in Casita 4 near Casita 5. The bus stop was a short walk. We didn't find the El Centro a far walk but then again we like walking. One night we walked the opposite way (longer) to get our hot water for tea and that is when I saw the business crew the most.

I do like FQ better for the reasons you said. Table would have been nice instead of desk but overall we were not in the room and didn't have kids.

Overall sounds like you had a good trip.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
Old 11-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #3082
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Big RPM convention next weekend at CSR. Wish we were going.
I'd like to be there for that as well!!

We are just going to miss it as we arrive on Dec. 12th
Old 11-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #3083
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Kellenberger View Post

Just curious ...... what is RPM? I go home on the 9th, I wonder how busy the Pepper Market will be?
I'm interested as well. I'm arriving Sat Dec 7 and leaving early on Tues Dec 10.

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
Old 11-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #3084
MouseMama11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadamom
Just returned from our first trip to CSR last night and the resort was great! I had done online check-in while we were driving down and we walked right up to the counter when we got there -- no waiting. We were in room 7682 (?) in Ranchos 7B and it was beautiful. Our room overlooked the quiet pool and we only a couple of people using it the entire time we were there. The walk to bus stop #4 wasn't bad and the walk to the main building really wasn't bad either. It did seem like we had to wait longer than I expected us to for buses though. We saw the alligator one day while walking to the main building to refill our drinks -- my kids loved that! The main pool was really nice and not very crowded at all. We didn't eat the hotel at all but refilling drinks was very easy.

Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely stay there again.
Hi neighbor!! We were in Ranchos 7B room 7757 from 11/21 thru 11/29! We probably ran into you a few times LOL! Our room also overlooked the quiet pool but we only tried it once in the evening and it was freezing so that was short lived.

So we just got back from WDW last night. Our experience wasn't that great compared to other resorts. We usually stay at POR for a moderate and we liked that resort much better than CSR. We did online check in and when we checked in at the front, the guy didn't speak much English and didn't give us the full, welcoming Disney experience we are so used to. Didn't ask us if we were celebrating anything, didn't interact with our DD or ask her if she wanted stickers or something similar to that... I guess we're just used to a check in full of energy and excitement and we got a bland welcome where he just told us where our room was and how to get there, and that's about it. Then we went over to concierge to try to make sure our Magic Bands had our APs on them as opposed to the 2 day passes we had to buy to get the free dining pkg. The woman was cold and rude to us. She didnt bother trying to figure out a solution. BC she didn't know the answer, she rudely told us to go to MK guest relations and have them figure it out. We spoke to a manager about this later that night and he was awesome. He put some $$ credit on our room charge that we could use during our stay which was really nice of him.

Our room was next to Bus Stop 4, which was really nice, and overlooked a quiet pool. The room itself was great!! Housekeeping was excellent too and DD had fun finding her stuffed animals in different positions when she came back from the parks. I just hated being so far away from the main building and food. More often than not we wanted to refill our mugs at night after we got back to our hotel but didn't have the energy to walk 10-15 mins in the wind just to get drinks. Plus there weren't any restaurants or food nearby which was a bummer. The walk was the only main thing i didn't like besides the service. I usually don't mind walking but it was an inconvenience this time :/

The resort itself was beautiful, especially at night! We loved the Dig Site pool area and DD looooooved the pool activities! The 2 girls who did them were awesome. And my hubby enjoyed having the bar by the pool (I would've too except I was pregnant this trip LOL). The Pepper Market was OK. Breakfast was good and I also tried a burger and quesadilla, both very yummy! The Rix Cafe was my favorite. I liked the selection of bakery items, the location of the refill machines, and I liked how they had quick service meals there too.

On our check out day we scheduled to be picked up at 9am to be driven to the airport check in station. The guy was about 20 mins late so we were waiting around for a while. Usually they are very prompt so we were ready to go at 8:55ish.

I mean the pool was great, food was good, but I probably wouldn't stay at CSR again. Being someone who has been in customer service for years, great service is extremely important to me and I wasn't a fan of the resort layout. We wanted something different but I'm thinking next time we'll stick to POR for a moderate.

2013- Treehouse Villas (4th of July)/Caribbean Beach (Thanksgiving)
2010- Port Orleans Riverside 2009- Saratoga Springs (Honeymoon ) 2007- Old Key West 2006- Old Key West 2001- All Star Sports (1st Trip to Disney )
Old 11-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #3085
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I think maintenance is being done on the site because I don't see all the info that was there before. It's a huge car, boat, air show. The boat stuff is at the Yacht and Beach club marina. The car stuff is at the race track at MK and CSR. For the convention over Labor Day they had cars displayed in the Casitas parking lot and the convention center (ballrooms). But this is much bigger than that, I've been told.

They were offering rooms at CSR starting at $139 with 2 complimentary after 4pm tickets.

http://www.rpmmotorsportsexpo.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia Kellenberger View Post
When we were there for the last car show it wasn't much busier at lunch time. Night time was a bit busier than usual, imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I'd like to be there for that as well!!

We are just going to miss it as we arrive on Dec. 12th
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh0013 View Post
I'm interested as well. I'm arriving Sat Dec 7 and leaving early on Tues Dec 10.
Bummer, saskdw! march0013, we were impressed with the last car show.

We aren't staying at a resort but might drive down to check out some of the cars. Just FYI for anyone else, last car show, only guests of the resort or those registered with the show were allowed entry by car at CSR. All others had to get bussed in.

Same with the stuff at the racetrack. You park at a particular lot at the TTC, and they use a van to get you into the track, no pedestrian traffic allowed at all because of the way you have to enter the track. We went first thing in the morning. By the time we were done walking around, the line to wait for a van was hours long. No kidding!

And those who got bussed from CSR to the TTC, had to wait twice. Once to get the bus to the TTC and again for the van line.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #3086
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
I think maintenance is being done on the site because I don't see all the info that was there before. It's a huge car, boat, air show. The boat stuff is at the Yacht and Beach club marina. The car stuff is at the race track at MK and CSR. For the convention over Labor Day they had cars displayed in the Casitas parking lot and the convention center (ballrooms). But this is much bigger than that, I've been told.

They were offering rooms at CSR starting at $139 with 2 complimentary after 4pm tickets.

http://www.rpmmotorsportsexpo.com/

I just clicked on the link you provided and the message is:

"Due to logistical issues beyond our control we have elected to postpone Decembers 6th to 8th Showcase Expo for our 2014 season to be rescheduled to a new date and venue. We apologize for any inconvenience. Announcement will be made and posted within 3 weeks......"

Old 11-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #3087
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I just clicked on the link you provided and the message is:

"Due to logistical issues beyond our control we have elected to postpone Decembers 6th to 8th Showcase Expo for our 2014 season to be rescheduled to a new date and venue. We apologize for any inconvenience. Announcement will be made and posted within 3 weeks......"
Wow! Now that's a last minute cancellation. I click the link and don't see that message.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #3088
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Wow! Now that's a last minute cancellation. I click the link and don't see that message.
I just tried it again and still getting the same message. The rest of it says ".....For further information contact us info@rpmtradeexpo.com"

Old 11-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #3089
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I just tried it again and still getting the same message. The rest of it says ".....For further information contact us info@rpmtradeexpo.com"

Using my phone, I got the same message as you about the cancellation. But on my laptop it says site down, but nothing of the cancellation. Strange.

I'm glad we weren't counting on it like we were the Mustangs at Mickyard. I wonder if they'll still honor the convention price if people keep their reservations?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #3090
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Using my phone, I got the same message as you about the cancellation. But on my laptop it says site down, but nothing of the cancellation. Strange.

I'm glad we weren't counting on it like we were the Mustangs at Mickyard. I wonder if they'll still honor the convention price if people keep their reservations?
That is really strange that it was canceled so close to the event. I would hope as long as people have a confirmed reservation the price will be honored.

DH & I were at CSR during Dream Cars & Mustangs at Mickyard and that was so much fun! Just walking around the parking lot was such a treat!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: