Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #3046
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhiltunen66 View Post
Thank you for confirming our plans! I am glad to hear that CSR will not be busy the week we are there!! My biggest concern was waiting forever for a bus in the morning and then having it fill up so we had to wait for the next one! We should have no issues getting a rollaway then either.

I think I will call the main disney number though..we have two reservations because of the DDP and our ME tickets say we are coming in on the 15th, not the 14th. Strange because our reservations are linked...we only got one set of bands too...I thought we would get two. Hopefully that means they got the band thing figured out and people wont get a new band each time they switch resorts!

Thanks again for your input! You have made me so excited! We cannot wait to see all the Christmas decorations. Hubby and I will spend one day seeing Resort decorations while the kids hang out at DisneyQuest.

I spent last week in Miami training with two ladies from Royal Hospital in Sasketoon (or maybe they were from there) and they were so much fun! Canadians are awesome!
Lauri
Small World!! We are from Saskatoon and Royal University Hospital is 5 mins from where we live!

Good idea to call and confirm your reservations and make requests if there is some confusion. You will love the Casitas 4 location if you can get it. We stayed in Casitas 4 for 14 nights Dec. 2011. 3-5 min walk to food court area depending on walking speed. It has the largest quiet pool and the fitness center spa in it. Busstop 2 which is the first pick up is right across the parking lot! Never have to worry about getting on a bus at that stop! It was a great location for us because my son and I actually used the fitness center. We also loved sitting by the quiet pool at night. CSR is beautiful all lit up at night.
saskdw is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #3047
mickeysfavgal
Earning My Ears
 
mickeysfavgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14

Just returned from our first stay at Coronado Springs, which is now my #1 resort! Check in was fast and easy. I had requested a room in Cabanas close to the Main Building. I nearly fainted when we were given an upgrade to a suite in Casitas. King bed and queen sofa sleeper in living room with 2 baths. Beautiful view of gardens & lake. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Mousekeeper left the cutest towel animals I had ever seen, she also left fresh supply of soap/shampoos every day. Dined at Maya Grill and it was wonderful! Pepper Market was great and staff was very helpful. Market is all self serve with no tipping needed. Grounds were immaculate and I have never seen so many smiles. CSR is a great place to stay and have already booked our next trip there.
__________________

Last edited by mickeysfavgal; 11-19-2013 at 11:14 AM.
mickeysfavgal is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #3048
mickeysfavgal
Earning My Ears
 
mickeysfavgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...gsxyem1elk.png
__________________
mickeysfavgal is offline  
Old 11-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #3049
SLPCheryl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysfavgal View Post
Just returned from our first stay at Coronado Springs, which is now my #1 resort! Check in was fast and easy. I had requested a room in Cabanas close to the Main Building. I nearly fainted when we were given an upgrade to a suite in Casitas. King bed and queen sofa sleeper in living room with 2 baths. Beautiful view of gardens & lake. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Mousekeeper left the cutest towel animals I had ever seen, she also left fresh supply of soap/shampoos every day. Dined at Maya Grill and it was wonderful! Pepper Market was great and staff was very helpful. Market is all self serve with no tipping needed. Grounds were immaculate and I have never seen so many smiles. CSR is a great place to stay and have already booked our next trip there.
Wow! That is awesome!! What an upgrade
SLPCheryl is offline  
Old 11-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #3050
MouseMama11
Mouseketeer
 
MouseMama11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 128

1 more sleep and I'm there!!! Maybe ill run into some of you it seems like there will be quite a few of us checking in tomorrow! WOOHOO!!!!!
__________________
All you need is faith, trust, & a little pixie dust --Peter Pan
Kaitlin Jean


2013- Treehouse Villas (4th of July)/Caribbean Beach (Thanksgiving)
2010- Port Orleans Riverside 2009- Saratoga Springs (Honeymoon ) 2007- Old Key West 2006- Old Key West 2001- All Star Sports (1st Trip to Disney )
MouseMama11 is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #3051
v.t.
DIS Veteran
 
v.t.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 935

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysfavgal View Post
Just returned from our first stay at Coronado Springs, which is now my #1 resort! Check in was fast and easy. I had requested a room in Cabanas close to the Main Building. I nearly fainted when we were given an upgrade to a suite in Casitas. King bed and queen sofa sleeper in living room with 2 baths. Beautiful view of gardens & lake. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Mousekeeper left the cutest towel animals I had ever seen, she also left fresh supply of soap/shampoos every day. Dined at Maya Grill and it was wonderful! Pepper Market was great and staff was very helpful. Market is all self serve with no tipping needed. Grounds were immaculate and I have never seen so many smiles. CSR is a great place to stay and have already booked our next trip there.
What a great upgrade, very exciting!

How long does it take to get to the parks? I am trying to decide what time we need to be at the bus stop to make RD.
__________________
Mom of The Three Amigos
v.t. is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #3052
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 8,236

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t. View Post
What a great upgrade, very exciting! How long does it take to get to the parks? I am trying to decide what time we need to be at the bus stop to make RD.
We are here now and buses have been great. Longest park to get to was MK. Epcot and DHS have very short commutes. We got to the bus stop about 45-60 mins before RD and had plenty of time to spare.
nkereina is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #3053
tadamom
DIS Veteran
 
tadamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 2,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMama11
1 more sleep and I'm there!!! Maybe ill run into some of you it seems like there will be quite a few of us checking in tomorrow! WOOHOO!!!!!
We are on our way there now...about 4 more hours to go! Cannot wait!!!
__________________
Amy Wife to Mark Mommy to Michael (9-19-01) Mommy to Parker Renee (12-15-04)
June 1996 - My 1st trip to Disney World! -- offsite April 1997 - Honeymoon -- offsite
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

tadamom is offline  
Old 11-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #3054
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,481

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadamom View Post
We are on our way there now...about 4 more hours to go! Cannot wait!!!
Lucky YOU!!

Have a blast!
.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #3055
MouseMomma0304
Earning My Ears
 
MouseMomma0304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I wish I could say Orlando! :(
Posts: 43

We are heading to the airport in 1 hour!! Cannot wait!
__________________
MouseMomma!

MouseMomma0304 is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #3056
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni
 
marsh0013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 3,020

I've had the room booked for a few days now, but today my trip became official! I have a business trip to Pensacola Dec 10-12 so I added on a quickie trip to Disney Dec 7-10. Staying 3 nights at CSR thanks to my wonderful friend's CM discount. Never stayed here before, only other time in a mod was 2 nights at POFQ at the end of a trip once. Used to stay at Pop, now own DVC but out of points, and nothing open short notice anyway.

I've been reading this thread and it's made me a little less nervous. The size of mods in general and the potential long walks to get food/drinks or to the bus are my main concern. Probably won't have time to swim so distance to the pool is no concern. Booked in standard, thinking of requesting Casitas 4. No kids, solo trip. Thoughts?
__________________
-marcia

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #3057
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh0013 View Post
I've had the room booked for a few days now, but today my trip became official! I have a business trip to Pensacola Dec 10-12 so I added on a quickie trip to Disney Dec 7-10. Staying 3 nights at CSR thanks to my wonderful friend's CM discount. Never stayed here before, only other time in a mod was 2 nights at POFQ at the end of a trip once. Used to stay at Pop, now own DVC but out of points, and nothing open short notice anyway.

I've been reading this thread and it's made me a little less nervous. The size of mods in general and the potential long walks to get food/drinks or to the bus are my main concern. Probably won't have time to swim so distance to the pool is no concern. Booked in standard, thinking of requesting Casitas 4. No kids, solo trip. Thoughts?
Casitas 4 IMO is the best standard room location you can have, especially if you don't plan on using the main pool. Casitas 4 has the largest quiet pool anyway which would serve you fine if you wanted a quick swim or to relax by the pool. You are across the parking lot from busstop 2 the first pick up, close to the food court, and it also has the fitness center, sauna, spa, salon, and laundry. Enjoy!
saskdw is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #3058
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni
 
marsh0013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 3,020

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

Casitas 4 IMO is the best standard room location you can have, especially if you don't plan on using the main pool. Casitas 4 has the largest quiet pool anyway which would serve you fine if you wanted a quick swim or to relax by the pool. You are across the parking lot from busstop 2 the first pick up, close to the food court, and it also has the fitness center, sauna, spa, salon, and laundry. Enjoy!
Awesome that's what I got from reading so far, so thanks for confirming it for me! I know it's just a request and no guarantee, but I will cross my fingers and hope for the best!
__________________
-marcia

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is offline  
Old 11-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #3059
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran
 
DizDaD7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern ,New Jersey
Posts: 2,043

Yep Definitely Casitas 4.....Peeerrrfecttt Spot...So close to quiet pool, / GYM, Laundry area, Own bus stop...Not very far to the main bldg, & a short 8-9 minute walk to the main pool....>Place is the best..Have fun.
__________________

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #3060
jessily
DIS Veteran
 
jessily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 803

Checking into Coronado next week... thanks for all the helpful info in this thread

When I made our reservation (standard room) I had a note added with a request for Casitas 4 or 5. We stayed in Casitas 5 a few years ago and loved the location. I started online check-in this morning and under room requests it only lists Ranchos Area and Cabanas Area (along with floor level, transportation, etc.). Is that normal for Casitas to not be listed as an option?
__________________
Jessica
jessily is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: