Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #3016
cassie58
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know about how much a taxi from CSR to BC would cost? We've never used one before, but planning a late nt. at MK w/extended hrs. Thanksgiving week, and had made a brft ADR at Cape May for next day. Would like to spend extra time sleeping instead of on buses and hoped this was a reasonable option.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR & AKL Jambo
Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #3017
DisneyFan2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebayou View Post
I have a question...I booked a preferred room and I know its in cast.1,2,3...but I was wondering which building would be better...my son has aplastic anemia ...he needs a bone marrow transplant..so I want one closer to the bus if I can....which would be better I see cast.4 and 5 is close to bus stop two but I know they not preferred...should I request those instead????
I stayed in Casitas 1 last week and it was not very close to the El Centro bus stop. It wasn't that far either but it's not like you just step outside your room and it's there. You have to walk a bit. Last year I stayed in POFQ Building 4 and the bus stop was much closer. I might as well just give my full review of Coronado Springs now:

Check in/check out- Didn't do online check in. They got my room request wrong in the reservation system so I had to spend a few minutes sorting it out once I arrived. They were able to give me the exact building and floor that I wanted. Check out was a breeze.

Room- Clean, I only saw one ant. I prefer double sinks though. The tub wasn't white and shiny inside. I was on the ground floor in Casitas 1 so there was noise when people walked by at night and I could also hear the loud fireworks blasts from Illuminations every night. No problems with convention guests.

Housekeeping- No problems. Always came during the day when we were at the parks.

Bus service- Ok. I waited over 30 minutes for an Epcot bus one evening. The buses usually weren't crowded except in the mornings when the parks first open.

Food- I liked the Pepper Market although it is expensive. No servers or added tips. I ate there for dinner twice and got the Carolina roasted chicken which I liked. I did not eat anywhere else or use the bars so I can't comment.

Theming- Attractive resort. I liked the lake.

Overall grade: B-

I didn't have any major problems but I'd prefer to try a different resort next time.

July 1997- Dixie Landings
November 2012- Port Orleans-French Quarter
November 2013- Coronado Springs
September 2014- Port Orleans-French Quarter
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #3018
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan2013 View Post
Room- Clean, I only saw one ant. I prefer double sinks though. The tub wasn't white and shiny inside. I was on the ground floor in Casitas 1 so there was noise when people walked by at night and I could also hear the loud fireworks blasts from Illuminations every night. No problems with convention.
I was in room 1191 a couple of weeks ago. I had ants one day just inside the door. There must have been about 50 of them. An exterminator came and I never saw them again. My tub had dark blue streaks in it. It wasn't dirty, just blue.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #3019
MouseOfGold
Mouseketeer

If I wanted to make it to the MK for the rope drop, how much time in advance should I be at the bus stop at CSR to MK in the morning? I'm traveling with 2 small kids and my mother so I know I will need extra time.

12/'13 CSR, 1/'12 Off Site, 10/'07 Off Site, 12/'96 BC, 12/'87 The Disney Inn-my 1st WDW trip when the magic hit me
Old 11-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #3020
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Just returned yesterday from 10 wonderfully magical days at WDW and stayed at CSR for the very first time. Absolutely loved it!!!! We flew the red eye from Seattle and touched down just after 6am local time. Took the ME to CSR and was at the registration desk by 7:30. No lines at that time of the morning . Our customized Magicbands we ready and waiting for us (Disney won't ship to Canada). We were informed that we have been upgraded from a standard room to a preferred room in Casitas #3 and since we were traveling with my aged parents (their first visit to WDW) we were put in rooms with adjoining doors. Pixie dust!! also since they heard that my wife and I would be celebrating our 18 wedding anniversary while there they gave us a letter that would allow is to go to the Laguna Bar for a complimentary Champagne Toast! Thought that was a nice added touch.

Our rooms were on the 4th floor and overlooked the lake. Beautiful!!!

Our room was clean and neat. However my parents room did have some minor issues. The bathroom sink was "sticky" ??? Not sure if it was a soda or what??? A quick call to housekeeping and the manager actually came up directly And proceeded to clean the room and go over everything in the room. He was very apologetic and made sure my parents were happy be fore he left. He even gave them his direct line and told them to call him if there was anything else they needed. Both I our rooms were cleaned perfectly for the remainder of our stay.

Every day we had different towel art made by the Mousekeepers. From Mickey logo, ducks, swans and so on. Another nice touch

We at at the Pepper Market only a couple of times. Breakfast was so-so. Lunch was better. It's nice that there is no more tipping required at Pepper Market but it didn't really impress us that much. We actually preferred Rix Cafe for its selection and ease of use in the morning or later in the evening when we would come back from the parks.

The grounds are gorgeous! We walked the entire lake in about 30 minutes (not sprinting). We also could cut half way over the bridge and in 15-20. Being in Casitas #3 we had easy access (3 min walk) to bus stop #2. Never did we have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus to any of the parks.

The gym was also close (passed it every day on the way to the bus stop). We never used it but it looked very well kept.

There is also the salon right next to it. My wife needed to have some "repair work" don't to one of her nails and when she went in there the lady said it was such a quick fix so she wasn't going to charge her for it. Thought that was also very nice (my wife did give her a nice tip though ).

The laundry room is also in the same area just around the corner from the salon. We did a load of laundry while there. Found it to be clean and served its purpose. 10 washers and 20 dryers. There's a change and soap dispenser machine in one corner.

Every Cast Member that we encountered was very warm and friendly. We all loved CSR and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

We are already starting to think about our next trip (well at least I am ) Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Last edited by jedijuhl; 11-14-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #3021
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseOfGold View Post
If I wanted to make it to the MK for the rope drop, how much time in advance should I be at the bus stop at CSR to MK in the morning? I'm traveling with 2 small kids and my mother so I know I will need extra time.
I did this by myself last week and made sure I was waiting at bus stop #2 just over 1 hour prior to rope drop. I waited about 10 minutes before a MK bus came by. Then it was about another 10 minutes before the bus made it's way to the other stops on property and then started heading to MK. I ended up getting to MK with about 15 minutes to spare which was enough time to get to the front entrance and a perfect camera position. Hope that helps!! Have a great trip!!! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Last edited by jedijuhl; 11-14-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #3022
MouseMama11
Mouseketeer

At the 7 day mark!!!! 1 week from right now we will be on a plane heading to WDW!!!! :D

2013- Treehouse Villas (4th of July)/Caribbean Beach (Thanksgiving)
2010- Port Orleans Riverside 2009- Saratoga Springs (Honeymoon ) 2007- Old Key West 2006- Old Key West 2001- All Star Sports (1st Trip to Disney )
Old 11-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #3023
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie58 View Post
Does anyone know about how much a taxi from CSR to BC would cost? We've never used one before, but planning a late nt. at MK w/extended hrs. Thanksgiving week, and had made a brft ADR at Cape May for next day. Would like to spend extra time sleeping instead of on buses and hoped this was a reasonable option.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR & AKL Jambo
Dec. 2011 we took a taxi from CSR to BW twice there and back. It ranged $6-$8 depending on traffic. I added $2 tip each time so $8-$10. BC should be about the same, but I don't know how much rates have gone up in 2 years. I'll find out in Dec!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #3024
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMama11 View Post
At the 7 day mark!!!! 1 week from right now we will be on a plane heading to WDW!!!! :D
Exactly 4 weeks to the hour for us!
Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #3025
DisneyFan2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I was in room 1191 a couple of weeks ago. I had ants one day just inside the door. There must have been about 50 of them. An exterminator came and I never saw them again. My tub had dark blue streaks in it. It wasn't dirty, just blue.
The ant I saw was in the bathroom. Maybe I just didn't notice the others because the carpet in the room is dark (I think). My tub had bluish marks also and it bothered me. lol I'm picky about stuff like that but I always wear shower shoes in hotels anyway.

July 1997- Dixie Landings
November 2012- Port Orleans-French Quarter
November 2013- Coronado Springs
September 2014- Port Orleans-French Quarter
Old 11-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #3026
MouseOfGold
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijuhl View Post
I did this by myself last week and made sure I was waiting at bus stop #2 just over 1 hour prior to rope drop. I waited about 10 minutes before a MK bus came by. Then it was about another 10 minutes before the bus made it's way to the other stops on property and then started heading to MK. I ended up getting to MK with about 15 minutes to spare which was enough time to get to the front entrance and a perfect camera position. Hope that helps!! Have a great trip!!! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks jedijuhl! I appreciate the feedback

12/'13 CSR, 1/'12 Off Site, 10/'07 Off Site, 12/'96 BC, 12/'87 The Disney Inn-my 1st WDW trip when the magic hit me
Old 11-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #3027
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

After a poll on the best Moderate Resort Pool, CSR was the winner and it also happens to be the only Mod we have not stayed at. We are looking at adding two nights in May to start our trip. We want to be close to the Dig Site and a Bus Stop. Has anyone had any difficulty getting on the buses in the morning when staying at Cabanas 8A or 8B or Ranchos 7B?

Old 11-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #3028
cassie58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Dec. 2011 we took a taxi from CSR to BW twice there and back. It ranged $6-$8 depending on traffic. I added $2 tip each time so $8-$10. BC should be about the same, but I don't know how much rates have gone up in 2 years. I'll find out in Dec!
Thanks - sounds like it will definitely be worth the money to have the extra sleep! Another person PMed me with the same price, so it sounds like a good estimate. I will be there in a week and a half to confirm!
Old 11-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #3029
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMama11 View Post
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #3030
MouseMama11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t.

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!
W00t w00t!!!! See ya soon LOL

2013- Treehouse Villas (4th of July)/Caribbean Beach (Thanksgiving)
2010- Port Orleans Riverside 2009- Saratoga Springs (Honeymoon ) 2007- Old Key West 2006- Old Key West 2001- All Star Sports (1st Trip to Disney )
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: