Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #2851
stan_the_man
Wierdo with a beardo

Does anyone know why the end of September/beginning of October is busy there next year? I tried a few 14-17 night stay bookings, and most dates didn't have availability at CSR (all other mods were fine), and if it did then it was king room only (which I think get filled last anyway). Can't see that any major conventions are there then
Old 10-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #2852
pink_zebra
Mouseketeer

I've tried searching but I'm getting conflicting responses. Does CSR charge a handling fee if I ship a case of water from, say, Staples? I know I've read to ship from a source that uses USPS but I've also read that Disney addresses aren't delivered to with the USPS system. Thanks for the help!! Can't wait to be at CSR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #2853
zelie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
Does anyone know why the end of September/beginning of October is busy there next year? I tried a few 14-17 night stay bookings, and most dates didn't have availability at CSR (all other mods were fine), and if it did then it was king room only (which I think get filled last anyway). Can't see that any major conventions are there then
in the wdw.uk
I tried from september 28th to october 12th and You can have a room with tickets(ultimate ticket) for £ 2,306.00 for 2 adults

Your Walt Disney World holiday itinerary is displayed below.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
2 Adults
Standard Kingsize from 28th September 2014 - 12th October 2014

Disney's 14 Day Ultimate Ticket
Disney's 14 Day Ultimate Ticket
2 x Disney's 14 Day Ultimate Ticket (Ages 10 and Up)
Your Disney Tickets are valid for use from 28th September 2014
Your package includes a 14 Day ticket for the price of a 7 Day!

Disney Dining
Disney Quick (Counter) Service Dining Plan
2 x Disney Quick (Counter) Service Dining Plan (Ages 10 and Up)
Book now and enjoy FREE dining worth £727.72!

Disney's Magical Express
Disney's Magical Express
As a guest staying in a Disney Resort Hotel you are eligible for Disney's Magical Express transfer service which provides FREE transportation from and to Orlando International Airport (MCO).
Disney Magical Extras

FREE Exclusive Magical Extras
EARmails Service
Disney Store merchandise discount at disneystore.co.uk
20% off 'Characters in Flight' morning trips
Splitsville Luxury Lanes - 10% off merchandise
Splitsville Luxury Lanes - 10% off food
Splitsville Luxury Lanes - 10% off bowling (conditions apply)
Wolfgang Puck Cafe - 10% off
Planet Hollywood® Dining Certificate
LittleMissMatched - 15% off merchandise
Curl by Sammy Duvall - 10% off merchandise
Basin - 10% off merchandise
Walt Disney World Marina Discounts
Sammy Duvall Water Sports Centre - 10% off
Portobello's Yacht Club® - 10% off
Fulton's Crab House® - 10% off
Ghirardelli® - 10% off
House of Blues - 10% off merchandise
House of Blues - 20% off lunch or dinner
Planet Hollywood® Souvenir Merchandise Keepsake

PriceTotal price: £2,306.00 – reserve today for just £100 deposit!
From aug 13 to aug 24 . 2014

Old 10-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #2854
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

checked in on the 26th. Longest wait so far for a bus was 13 minutes to Epcot today at 530pm. Fridge looks old, works great, no freezer section. I'm here for a conference, when we broke for lunch at 1145 this morning PM and Cafe Rix were mobbed. CSR is definitely built for the business traveler. I wouldn't stay here with family.

ETA: Been to MK and Epcot so far, bus stops at both parks are very close which is nice.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #2855
busymomma123
Mouseketeer

I completely forgot to have water shipped to the resort. We arrive tomorrow. Any ideas besides garden grocer for a case of water? Do they sell any by the case at the resort???

May 2005 POP Aug 2006 Contemporary Oct 2007 AKL Nov 2008 SSR Dec 2009 Poly Oct 2010 CSR Oct 2011 CSR Oct 2013 CSR
Old 10-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #2856
MouseMama11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymomma123
I completely forgot to have water shipped to the resort. We arrive tomorrow. Any ideas besides garden grocer for a case of water? Do they sell any by the case at the resort???
Some resorts sell cases but idk about this one as it would be my first time staying next month. We always order groceries from wegoshop.com... you might be able to get a last minute order in

2013- Treehouse Villas (4th of July)/Caribbean Beach (Thanksgiving)
2010- Port Orleans Riverside 2009- Saratoga Springs (Honeymoon ) 2007- Old Key West 2006- Old Key West 2001- All Star Sports (1st Trip to Disney )
Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #2857
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
Fall is convention season in the U.S. so its possible they are holding rooms. It may be that one of the nights you are trying to search is sold out, which is causing your entire search to come up empty. If you check shorter increments, you may be able to pinpoint which night isn't available and work around that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymomma123 View Post
There is a Hess gas station near DTD. I have read it's easy to walk there from the bus stop at DTD, and I suppose you could call for a cab back since you'll have a case. Assuming you don't have a car. I think there is also a Hess near BW.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #2858
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_zebra View Post
I've tried searching but I'm getting conflicting responses. Does CSR charge a handling fee if I ship a case of water from, say, Staples? I know I've read to ship from a source that uses USPS but I've also read that Disney addresses aren't delivered to with the USPS system. Thanks for the help!! Can't wait to be at CSR!
Of course USPS delivers to Disney.

There's a $3 handling fee to pick up from the business center if packages are shipped by a carrier other than USPS.

Stupid Judy.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #2859
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
ETA: Been to MK and Epcot so far, bus stops at both parks are very close which is nice.
You have no idea how happy this just made my DH. We stayed at Pop last year and it felt like you walked miles to the bus stop after exiting, especially at Epcot.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #2860
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post

Of course USPS delivers to Disney.

There's a $3 handling fee to pick up from the business center if packages are shipped by a carrier other than USPS.
This irks me. It doesn't seem fair the other resorts don't charge for this. Had considered shipping some items from Amazon but they would come UPS. And I know $3 isn't much but it makes me mad that at POFQ last year I didn't have to pay.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #2861
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

We checked in last night, and we got KTTW cards as well as the MB we had. There is a fridge in our room too! The MB have worked great so far & we have not had to use the KTTW cards at all!! My DD even forgot her paper ticket to MNSSHP last night but it was synced to the MB and it worked fine for entry. Had a blast at the party!!! And love love LOVE CSR!!!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #2862
faylynn24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
We checked in last night, and we got KTTW cards as well as the MB we had. There is a fridge in our room too! The MB have worked great so far & we have not had to use the KTTW cards at all!! My DD even forgot her paper ticket to MNSSHP last night but it was synced to the MB and it worked fine for entry. Had a blast at the party!!! And love love LOVE CSR!!!
For the mnsshp it used the rot portion of ticket? Bc I've Been reading on the board to not have them synced bc it will used a regular park ticket and short you a day.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #2863
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faylynn24 View Post
For the mnsshp it used the rot portion of ticket? Bc I've Been reading on the board to not have them synced bc it will used a regular park ticket and short you a day.
It might have, but I spaced a little and forgot that the ticket was a park entry so I had an extra day anyway! So it worked out great & she didn't have to run back to the resort to get a paper ticket!

Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #2864
Disney44please
Mouse Hater?

Hey everyone, I just booked a CSR preferred room for out last minute December trip! We are first time Disney guests and like that everything was totally themed out at CSR. Any room requests/suggestions I should be looking for? How is PM now, do they have someone seating you still? Thanks!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #2865
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quick CSR review

We stayed at CSR last week October 18-25 and loved the resort. Even though we requested Cabanas ahead of time (just a request) we were placed in quite possibly the most far out room in all of CSR. The front desk CM was a little abrupt on arrival when I asked if there was any possibility to move at least closer to a bus stop - the resort was full so no pixie dust or moving. It ended up being OK because we had a rental car for our stay, so we drove to El Centro instead of walking a couple of mornings. The rest of the front desk encounters were more pleasant, so maybe just a chaotic arrival day with Free Dining period starting.

We were in Rancheros 6A, corner room 1st floor 6130. Our room was clean, and stuffed animals organized for us daily. I will try to post a couple of shots that we took in the Rancheros section and our room. Rancheros section was actually very tranquil and beautiful. DH did spot a large black snake walking back from the Dig Site one night though!

We were only a short walk along the lake to the Dig Site - closer than the quiet pool. Laundry was a bit of a pain though since that was by the quiet pool. Kids loved the Dig Site pool, more than POR or POFQ main pools that we got to try out at the end of our trip. We enjoyed the larger hot tub as well that was not overrun by too many kids. DD enjoyed the playground.

While it is definitely more adult feeling at the resort, I think it actually made it feel more relaxing than POR and POFQ. Definitely still families around.

We only filled up mugs (both at El Centro and Dig Site), never ate at the resort, so can't speak to that. Staff at Panchito's were really nice and offered DD and DS a chance to open the store with tambourines and stuff one day while we were sitting at the fountain and while DH was talking to the front desk. They were too shy though.

Here's a map with our room location below (UPDATED WITH LOCATION). It was a close walk to Bus Stop 3, and I loved that the buses hit the outer stops first. We never waited long for a park bus. CSR has a nice central location for driving around Disney too - we drove to Walmart, AK, AKL, GF, Poly and used the rental when switching resorts.

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995

Last edited by ColonelHathi; 10-31-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: