Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #2761
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Hey Venom, our last stay at CBR we had a need to speak to the general manager. While waiting with her for Housekeeping to call her back, I was asking questions. One of them was about room requests and she said POR and POFQ were the only resorts on property that still read and act upon faxed requests. Has that changed?
Well for as long as I can remember we were told the day we got behind the name tag to say that, so we can reduce guests from requesting that too much and making it harder to assign guests their rooms. Now we just kinda roll with it and if we can we try to make the magic happen. I am an admin but not a manager yet. I have granted the requests even at the Polynesian using my very own template.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #2762
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Well for as long as I can remember we were told the day we got behind the name tag to say that, so we can reduce guests from requesting that too much and making it harder to assign guests their rooms. Now we just kinda roll with it and if we can we try to make the magic happen. I am an admin but not a manager yet. I have granted the requests even at the Polynesian using my very own template.
Thanks for clarifying.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #2763
amy hood
Earning My Ears

Charges for room service?

Anybody know the charges for room service. I figure 18% and what else? Thanks
Old 10-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #2764
bld1995
Earning My Ears

fridges

So who has stayed recently and did u have a fridge in your room? We leave in 10 days and we hope to have a fridge!!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #2765
jlm196
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bld1995 View Post
So who has stayed recently and did u have a fridge in your room? We leave in 10 days and we hope to have a fridge!!
Yes we had a fridge.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #2766
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I called yesterday to ask about the fridge situation and was told that all of them have been updated. So there are new ones in all the rooms!

Old 10-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #2767
lisam427
DIS Veteran

5 of us are planning on going next year. it is myself (41 y.o), my sister (25), our cousin (17), my nephew (4), and my neice (who will be a little less than two). with that party size/ages would we be able to book one room or do we have to get two at coronado? tia.

lisa

Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #2768
LipGlossQueen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We just got back yesterday and did have a fridge in our room. We were in preferred Casitas building 1.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #2769
troll buster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipGlossQueen

We just got back yesterday and did have a fridge in our room. We were in preferred Casitas building 1.
I'm debating casitas or cabanas. What did you think?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #2770
aylarosie
Mouseketeer

Smile

I am so excited,I just booked March 15-23 2014.I booked the bussiness class section.I decided to splurge as I will celebrate my 60th birthday that week. My husband humors me and comes along even though are kids are grown. Last year we stayed at POR,it was a fun week.I hope this resort will be good.My husband uses a scooter for long distances. Is there room in the rooms in bussines class. Should I request anything in particular? He can walk he has nearopathy and can not feel his feet. I am trying to get reservations at resteraunts but the site is really slow.I was able to reserve for our first night at Maya Grill. I may just call them when I figure out where we will be each day. Is there a charge for the alcoholic drinks in the lounge in BC.? I have read the whole thread,but still don't quite get the QS resteraunt.Is the 10% added or do you choose to tip? Sorry for so many questions,just excited to plan this trip. Thanks Nan
Old 10-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #2771
LipGlossQueen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll buster View Post
I'm debating casitas or cabanas. What did you think?
I really can't say for cabanas but casitas 1 was great. We were close to the main building and restaurants. We were near Bus 1 which was great. Only thing was at the end of a long day we were the last stop. But it wasn't bad. Just a few extra minutes.
We we not very close to the dig site but we never used it. Lol. We were more into the parks than hanging out at the hotel. We were very happy with our location. We booked preferred so automatically got casitas.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #2772
FancyNancy
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I can attest to that. I used Venom's template for my POR stay back in April and not only were we granted our requests (mansion room close to food court) but because it was my DD9's Birthday trip we were also upgraded from a standard room to a Royal Courtyard/River View corner unit. I actually started crying at check in. Venom may or may not have had a little something to do with that but I would like to think that he did!

Anyways his template is an excellent resource as long as you take the advice that was given to me and keep in mind that a request is just a request and it may or may not be granted. This year I really have no requests because I paid for Business Class but I would not hesitate to use the template for future stays at moderates.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #2773
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

What is the template?

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #2774
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
What is the template?
That was my question as well we are leaving in 11 days and would like to make a request for Casitas #4 and adjoining rooms if possible, as we are traveling with my parents with some mobility issues... Thanks to everyone in here as you've answered a lot of my silly questions over the last few months

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 10-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #2775
amy hood
Earning My Ears

Question Rix have pitchers of Sangria?

does anybody know if Rix has pitchers of sangria?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: