Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #2671
SarahhhFo
Disney-Obsessed

This is our first stay at CSR and probably our 8th or 9th trip to WDW! I cannot WAIT to stay here! These photos are getting me even more excited.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #2672
snausman
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone, need some help and I will say right away that I did not read this whole thread. I think it would take me till next week to read it all. We will be staying here on Sept 17 and have a king size bed room. We will be only staying the one night as we will be going to YC for the rest of our stay. I was wondering if anyone could till me where we should request if we want a room close to El Centro and parking. Thank you for all your help. And also, love the first page, it was very helpful to us.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #2673
Tink0812
Mouseketeer

Checking in on Sunday!! Can't wait! We will be in a King room with no special request made (DH and I are okay with walking if need be). Will report back (probably at the end of week)
Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #2674
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Hi everyone, need some help and I will say right away that I did not read this whole thread. I think it would take me till next week to read it all. We will be staying here on Sept 17 and have a king size bed room. We will be only staying the one night as we will be going to YC for the rest of our stay. I was wondering if anyone could till me where we should request if we want a room close to El Centro and parking. Thank you for all your help. And also, love the first page, it was very helpful to us.

Laura
The very closest rooms are bookable categories, as are King bed rooms. If you don't have a Preferred Location category, request Casitas 4 or Cabanas 9A.

Stupid Judy.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #2675
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I check in a week from tomorrow. Wahoo!!

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #2676
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
There should, shouldn't there?

I enjoyed my stay a great deal, front desk incompetence notwithstanding. I stated in two different sections during my 11 days: Casitas, which I found had all the charm of a prison block, but the quiet pool was spotless and my building four location was convenient to parking and bus stop two. Even the oft-maligned Ranchos seemed to have more character; and Cabanas, which had much more charm and "color" and was much more attractively landscaped.

I particularly liked its position on WDW property. I drive most everywhere, and loved the quick commutes to most parts of the property. Even AK, which can seem so remote, was a hop, skip, and a jump away.
Specifically, what was it you disliked about the Casitas? I could use some information to help me decide which area to stay in.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #2677
buzz25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There should, shouldn't there?

I enjoyed my stay a great deal, front desk incompetence notwithstanding. I stated in two different sections during my 11 days: Casitas, which I found had all the charm of a prison block, but the quiet pool was spotless and my building four location was convenient to parking and bus stop two. Even the oft-maligned Ranchos seemed to have more character; and Cabanas, which had much more charm and "color" and was much more attractively landscaped.

I particularly liked its position on WDW property. I drive most everywhere, and loved the quick commutes to most parts of the property. Even AK, which can seem so remote, was a hop, skip, and a jump away.

got to agree with this i dont think i drove anywhere longer then 25 mins while staying at CSR its so easy
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #2678
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The very closest rooms are bookable categories, as are King bed rooms. If you don't have a Preferred Location category, request Casitas 4 or Cabanas 9A.
Thank you!

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
Old 10-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #2679
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Specifically, what was it you disliked about the Casitas? I could use some information to help me decide which area to stay in.
The whole section is a bit barren and concrete, for want of a better description. There are some lovely parts close to the water, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the buildings are large (three or four stories each), and there's not much in the way of architecture except for some arches. The outside hallways in particular felt like cheap motel, and the "interior" hallways (between sections) felt like a city underpass. The parking lot-facing rooms look onto a large expanse of concrete and asphalt, which was stark and depressing. Other than that I loved them.

The Cabanas, on the other hand, are in a more tropical and tranquil setting, with colorful buildings that are only two stories high, so you get more of a laid-back, vacation-y feeling there. I was lucky enough to have a pool view, but even the parking lot views have lush trees and lawns to provide visual interest.

The Ranchos, which many seem to not like (probably due to their remote location on the property more than anything else), had more charm and Southwest detail.

Guess it's all a matter of opinion, but these were my impressions.

Stupid Judy.

Last edited by gmi3804; 10-11-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #2680
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
The whole section is a bit barren and concrete, for want of a better description. There are some lovely parts close to the water, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the buildings are large (three or four stories each), and there's not much in the way of architecture except for some arches. The outside hallways in particular felt like cheap motel, and the "interior" hallways (between sections) felt like a city underpass. The parking lot-facing rooms look onto a large expanse of concrete and asphalt, which was stark and depressing. Other than that I loved them.

The Casitas, on the other hand, are in a more tropical and tranquil setting, with colorful buildings that are only two stories high, so you get more of a laid-back, vacation-y feeling there. I was lucky enough to have a pool view, but even the parking lot views have lush trees and lawns to provide visual interest.

The Ranchos, which many seem to not like (probably due to their remote location on the property more than anything else), had more charm and Southwest detail.

Guess it's all a matter of opinion, but these were my impressions.
I believe the bolded was meant to say Cabanas.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #2681
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I believe the bolded was meant to say Cabanas.

It was. I've corrected my post. Duh.

Thanks!

Stupid Judy.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #2682
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checked in yesterday morning at 7am. Our room was ready King Room in Business Class on the first floor facing the little lake in the back. Our room is very clean and so far our Magic Bands from our stays last month at Pop and YC are working! CMs checking us in were a delight at 7am! The lounge was very yummy for breakfast as well.

DF's luggage at MCO ended up going on DME even though he didn't tag his bag and he didn't take the bus. His flight was delayed so I was off work and picked him up. It was nice that they flagged his bag but we also didn't get it till late but it did arrive and was in our room.

Called HK about a boxed fan (drown out noise) and they said they did not have any. Our bathroom fan seems to be loud enough. Today our housekeeping never came. DF left at 10:30am, took the sign off the door, and came back at 3:30pm with no housekeeping. When he called he was told that they didn't do it during the day incase we wanted to rest???!! I guess we'll call tomorrow before we leave for MK. It seems very odd to me. I'm sure because of that the service was limited since it was done between 3:30 and 4pm.

We went to the pool today. The mugs are used at the snack bar and the snack bar machines are not coded they are just the same machines. Not sure if they would be filling old mugs or not. We got ours with the DDP. We did alert a lifeguard coordinator when 3 small (ages 3-6 probably) were alone in the hot tub jumping in and kicking around with floaties on. When the parents were found they were by the firepit area in lounge chairs drinking adult drinks.

The lounge no longer has white sangria (sad day) or bottled waters...also sad day!!!

Aside from a few minor things we are having a great time and love it!!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #2683
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

water

No bottled water now that is sad I am diabetic and bottled water is almost the only thing I drink......

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #2684
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checked in yesterday morning at 7am. Our room was ready King Room in Business Class on the first floor facing the little lake in the back. Our room is very clean and so far our Magic Bands from our stays last month at Pop and YC are working! CMs checking us in were a delight at 7am! The lounge was very yummy for breakfast as well.

DF's luggage at MCO ended up going on DME even though he didn't tag his bag and he didn't take the bus. His flight was delayed so I was off work and picked him up. It was nice that they flagged his bag but we also didn't get it till late but it did arrive and was in our room.

Called HK about a boxed fan (drown out noise) and they said they did not have any. Our bathroom fan seems to be loud enough. Today our housekeeping never came. DF left at 10:30am, took the sign off the door, and came back at 3:30pm with no housekeeping. When he called he was told that they didn't do it during the day incase we wanted to rest???!! I guess we'll call tomorrow before we leave for MK. It seems very odd to me. I'm sure because of that the service was limited since it was done between 3:30 and 4pm.

We went to the pool today. The mugs are used at the snack bar and the snack bar machines are not coded they are just the same machines. Not sure if they would be filling old mugs or not. We got ours with the DDP. We did alert a lifeguard coordinator when 3 small (ages 3-6 probably) were alone in the hot tub jumping in and kicking around with floaties on. When the parents were found they were by the firepit area in lounge chairs drinking adult drinks.

The lounge no longer has white sangria (sad day) or bottled waters...also sad day!!!

Aside from a few minor things we are having a great time and love it!!
Did the parents show any sign of embarrassment? Or were they offended you didn't want to babysit? I just don't get some people.

Sorry to focus on that part of your email.
Thanks for your feedback of your stay so far.
Thanks for the confirmation I'm packing my "under $20" white noise machine that I got at Walmart. It will fit nice and flat in my suitcase. I know some people have white noise apps on their cell phones but I prefer to charge my phone fully at night and bring the white noise machine. Again it's flat and was under $20 so it will be well worth the investment to pack it as anyone walking by my room talking or not will wake me. I'm a mother so I sleep light.

Can't wait to hear more updates.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #2685
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
No bottled water now that is sad I am diabetic and bottled water is almost the only thing I drink......
I was very surprised by this as well. In Feb when we stayed they did have the small bottle of Dasani which were great to throw in a bag for the parks and keep in your fridge. They asked me if I wanted water "to go" which I'm guessing meant putting it in a coffee cup with a lid.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: