Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #2656
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Thanks! We actually had the same issue with the bands at Yacht Club (when POP told us they could be linked) and spent almost 2 hours and 3 visits to the front desk for it and then again a few weeks later at Art of Animation where we spent 2.5 hours one night and were told after they "rebooked the room" to link the bands then told us there was a possibility that no bands would work at all. We ended up getting a free night out of it which was nice but you can't tell a guest that it will take 10 mins to rebook the room to reset the bands then tell us no bands will work at all! I'm hoping since CSR is supposed to be in testing soon that they will have the "experts" on hand to help link them and if not we'll use the plastic room keys as usual.
Three of my four front desk visits had nothing to do with MBs, for the record.

Stupid Judy.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #2657
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Three of my four front desk visits had nothing to do with MBs, for the record.
This makes me nervous. I'm used to checking in, and that's it. I can't think of a time that I had to go back to the front desk at other resorts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #2658
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
This makes me nervous. I'm used to checking in, and that's it. I can't think of a time that I had to go back to the front desk at other resorts.
I had back-to-back reservations, so I went back to the desk to check out/in, then again at final check-out. I had Gift Cards to pay for my tab, and neither of the CMs at the front desk knew how to apply them to a bill. Then there were lots of "Earning My Ears" people hanging around, training. I'm sure they meant well, but the training of CMs is abysmal. They typically don't know how to do anything beyond the standard hand-out-welcome-packet duties or print out a final bill from a credit card on file. Any deviation from that and chaos ensues. (And this is not a problem that's limited to CSR.)

Stupid Judy.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #2659
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
I sent you a PM about your concerns! Hopefully it eases your worries!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #2660
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
I had back-to-back reservations, so I went back to the desk to check out/in, then again at final check-out. I had Gift Cards to pay for my tab, and neither of the CMs at the front desk knew how to apply them to a bill. Then there were lots of "Earning My Ears" people hanging around, training. I'm sure they meant well, but the training of CMs is abysmal. They typically don't know how to do anything beyond the standard hand-out-welcome-packet duties or print out a final bill from a credit card on file. Any deviation from that and chaos ensues. (And this is not a problem that's limited to CSR.)
Sorry for all the trouble! Unfortunately when you have a continuing reservation you have to check in/out even if you are in the same room. It's company policy just not CSR. You could have asked to have the new room keys brought to your room if you had a credit card on file for charging/express check-out. If you have gift cards you can always apply them before you check in (saving you a trip to apply them) and then anything not used will go back right onto the gift card(s) you used. I do agree that not knowing how to do a gift card is a problem. I would have asked for a manger who would know how to do it. I have learned in the past few weeks if you are calm and patient with the front desk staff it will pay off and if not, you can always ask to speak to a manager and/or write a letter to the GM..someone from Disney will respond. They did with my complements/ concerns at AOA. Hopefully your next trip will be better!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #2661
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

I understand about the checking in/out thing, having been to WDW dozens of times in the last 39 years. My beef is with CMs who aren't trained to handle even the slightest deviation from a "normal" check-in or -out. The problem is rampant in all the WDW resorts, and writing a letter after the fact doesn't help me at all when I have to take precious vacation time to complete something which should be a matter of course for an adequately-trained staff in a service and hospitality business. Don't get me wrong, I'm WDW's #1 fan, but I hate to see this kind of slippage in service.

Stupid Judy.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:34 AM   #2662
buzz25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sounds neat!!

Awesome!! I am so excited now because I watched a full review of CS that the people from the DIS had on YouTube today. They seemed to love it and gave it a very good review.

I do have a question though. I was reading about the food court, The Pepper Market, and they were saying that they have a different way of ordering there now. Something about each person getting a card and you select and then you are seated. They will bring your drinks to you and there is a 10% tip required unless you get the meal to go.

Can someone explain this better to me? I want to see what they have before we order. I like the regular food courts and the way the work. Is this system good or should we skip eating there? I don't see us going much, but my kids do like to get a late night snack or something for breakfast on some mornings. I like the grab and go. Not sure I want to be tied down to being served for a fruit cup and having to tip for it.
how it worked for us last week was

go to the front desk tell them how people are in your party
get seated and order drinks
they give you a menu and a stamp card
you can then get up and look around at all the food once you decide what you having you order it from the station
they stamp your card
wait for the food
sit down eat your food
go get desert (massive let down tbh)
then ask for the bill and pay at the table
Old 10-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #2663
troll buster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804
I understand about the checking in/out thing, having been to WDW dozens of times in the last 39 years. My beef is with CMs who aren't trained to handle even the slightest deviation from a "normal" check-in or -out. The problem is rampant in all the WDW resorts, and writing a letter after the fact doesn't help me at all when I have to take precious vacation time to complete something which should be a matter of course for an adequately-trained staff in a service and hospitality business. Don't get me wrong, I'm WDW's #1 fan, but I hate to see this kind of slippage in service.
There should be someone right next to them that does know how to do everything, so they can watch and learn.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #2664
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz25 View Post
how it worked for us last week was go to the front desk tell them how people are in your party get seated and order drinks they give you a menu and a stamp card you can then get up and look around at all the food once you decide what you having you order it from the station they stamp your card wait for the food sit down eat your food go get desert (massive let down tbh) then ask for the bill and pay at the table

Thank you! What dessert did you have that you didn't like? We loved the cheese cake at riverside and I am hoping that they have some here. I wish they had pictures online.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #2665
buzz25
Mouseketeer

the only one i liked was the churoes (sp) i think the main dissapointed thing with me was that they didnt have ice cream as well as the fact that the girl on the counter was very rude to the point we both didnt want to go get any
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #2666
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

I've not read through this thread, but is this a good family resort or does it cater to a more business clientele?
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
Old 10-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #2667
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingMom View Post
I've not read through this thread, but is this a good family resort or does it cater to a more business clientele?
It's fantastic for families!!! You don't really even notice the "business clientele" that much.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #2668
ciera321
DIS Veteran

I agree with Kris! We've stayed there 4 times, with a 5th visit planned for May and we've never even noticed, much less been bothered by, conventioneers. It does sometimes get a little crowded in the morning at Café Rix, but it's always been well staffed and the line goes quickly! We LOVE CSR!!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #2669
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz25 View Post
the only one i liked was the churoes (sp) i think the main dissapointed thing with me was that they didnt have ice cream as well as the fact that the girl on the counter was very rude to the point we both didnt want to go get any
My kids love those!! We are not big ice cream eaters so that will be fine, but it is surprising though. I'm sitting here worried about dessert when I need to be dieting!! Haha!!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #2670
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll buster View Post
There should be someone right next to them that does know how to do everything, so they can watch and learn.
There should, shouldn't there?

I enjoyed my stay a great deal, front desk incompetence notwithstanding. I stated in two different sections during my 11 days: Casitas, which I found had all the charm of a prison block, but the quiet pool was spotless and my building four location was convenient to parking and bus stop two. Even the oft-maligned Ranchos seemed to have more character; and Cabanas, which had much more charm and "color" and was much more attractively landscaped.

I particularly liked its position on WDW property. I drive most everywhere, and loved the quick commutes to most parts of the property. Even AK, which can seem so remote, was a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Stupid Judy.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: