Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #2641
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002 View Post
Hi All, We wIll be syating for one week in Septermber of 2014. We are considering renting a car for our entire trip. How helpful would a rental car be in getting around the reosrt and the to the parks? Would you say it's worth and extra $250 or should we just stick with the bus system?
We are renting a car for a portion of our upcoming trip, mainly to get us to some resort meals, the GF spa, Walmart or Publix for some extra breakfast items/snacks, and toodling around town a bit. We'll also probably drive to AK and make a quick escape to get to our TRex dinner ADR a bit more easily. We also ended up with a split stay, and will have the car for our resort switch day which should make that easier. We went with Alamo through the Disney Car Care Center which saves a bit (on top of other discounts) because there are no airport fees tacked on. I was in the DCP years ago, so I don't mind driving around a bit, including to a couple of parks, but can see why others wouldn't want to bother. We are planning on taking the bus for MK and MNSSHP though.

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
Old 10-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #2642
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Hey everyone! I'm new to this tread. We moved to this resort from riverside to be close to friends. Can anyone tell me the best location for a standard room? We want to be close to the food court.

Also, is there anything special that's a must see or do at this resort? Anything especially good at the food court? I would love any and all tips.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #2643
buzz25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
Hey everyone! I'm new to this tread. We moved to this resort from riverside to be close to friends. Can anyone tell me the best location for a standard room? We want to be close to the food court.

Also, is there anything special that's a must see or do at this resort? Anything especially good at the food court? I would love any and all tips.
you can now watch classic disney movies under the stars at night near the dig site it looked pretty cool to me
Old 10-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #2644
vikster1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3

The pool slide is awesome. Ping pong and arcade are entertaining. The hot tub is large and was warm. Everyday there were numerous poolside activities. Movies and marshmallow roasting at night. There are many hammocks around surrounding the lakes. I was able to see fireworks over the Rancho rooms. Saw turtles, frogs and thankfully no snakes. I read somewhere on here there were armadillos roaming. We did not see any and boy my son looked hard. CSR is a beautiful resort. All CM's we encountered were awesome.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #2645
GeocacherDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikster1 View Post
I read somewhere on here there were armadillos roaming. We did not see any and boy my son looked hard.
We saw one duck in to a bush as we got off the bus, kids were quite impressed. Lots of lizards around but they are fast!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #2646
Nigel Channing
Earning My Ears

Lizards were everywhere at CSR when we were there. There were also some pretty large snails moving along the walkways. My brother saw an alligator in the lake a few times as well.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #2647
vikster1
DIS Veteran

look at post 1802.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2107062

It is some kind of frog I passed while heading to my room.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #2648
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
look at post 1802.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2107062

It is some kind of frog I passed while heading to my room.
Just a helpful hint, if you click on the #1802 you can copy and paste that URL and it will take your readers directly to that post instead of to page 1.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1802
Old 10-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #2649
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

I so hope I don't see any little creatures when I'm walking around the resort.
I'm so not into wild life unless it's on TV.

You are making me nervous.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
Old 10-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #2650
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney
I so hope I don't see any little creatures when I'm walking around the resort.
I'm so not into wild life unless it's on TV.

You are making me nervous.
Its Florida...if you don't see a lizard (gecko) or a frog at some point I'd be surprised! Although gators...not something I would want to see! The lizards are tiny...like the size of your index finger. They zip across walkways. CSR was beautiful. I wish I had more time to explore it!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #2651
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie58 View Post
We like Cabanas 8A - close to pool and bus stop.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR & AKL
Thanks!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #2652
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz25 View Post
you can now watch classic disney movies under the stars at night near the dig site it looked pretty cool to me
Sounds neat!!

Quote:
The pool slide is awesome. Ping pong and arcade are entertaining. The hot tub is large and was warm. Everyday there were numerous poolside activities. Movies and marshmallow roasting at night. There are many hammocks around surrounding the lakes. I was able to see fireworks over the Rancho rooms. Saw turtles, frogs and thankfully no snakes. I read somewhere on here there were armadillos roaming. We did not see any and boy my son looked hard. CSR is a beautiful resort. All CM's we encountered were awesome.
Awesome!! I am so excited now because I watched a full review of CS that the people from the DIS had on YouTube today. They seemed to love it and gave it a very good review.

I do have a question though. I was reading about the food court, The Pepper Market, and they were saying that they have a different way of ordering there now. Something about each person getting a card and you select and then you are seated. They will bring your drinks to you and there is a 10% tip required unless you get the meal to go.

Can someone explain this better to me? I want to see what they have before we order. I like the regular food courts and the way the work. Is this system good or should we skip eating there? I don't see us going much, but my kids do like to get a late night snack or something for breakfast on some mornings. I like the grab and go. Not sure I want to be tied down to being served for a fruit cup and having to tip for it.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #2653
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking into Business Class tomorrow!!! Going early at 7am to check in and grab breakfast before I have to go to work! Hoping the resort will be able to activate our Magic Bands from last month!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #2654
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking into Business Class tomorrow!!! Going early at 7am to check in and grab breakfast before I have to go to work! Hoping the resort will be able to activate our Magic Bands from last month!!
They can, but don't hold your breath. The front desk staff at CSR is among the worst I've encountered at WDW. During four front desk transactions last week, I never got out in fewer than 25 minutes. And that's after I got to the CM. The bellhops confirmed that the front desk staff has an alarming rate of turnover, and as a result, most of the CMs at the desks are undertrained. It was maddening.

Once the bands are correctly linked, however, you'll have no problem with charging, room entry, or park entry.

Stupid Judy.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #2655
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
They can, but don't hold your breath. The front desk staff at CSR is among the worst I've encountered at WDW. During four front desk transactions last week, I never got out in fewer than 25 minutes. And that's after I got to the CM. The bellhops confirmed that the front desk staff has an alarming rate of turnover, and as a result, most of the CMs at the desks are undertrained. It was maddening.

Once the bands are correctly linked, however, you'll have no problem with charging, room entry, or park entry.
Thanks! We actually had the same issue with the bands at Yacht Club (when POP told us they could be linked) and spent almost 2 hours and 3 visits to the front desk for it and then again a few weeks later at Art of Animation where we spent 2.5 hours one night and were told after they "rebooked the room" to link the bands then told us there was a possibility that no bands would work at all. We ended up getting a free night out of it which was nice but you can't tell a guest that it will take 10 mins to rebook the room to reset the bands then tell us no bands will work at all! I'm hoping since CSR is supposed to be in testing soon that they will have the "experts" on hand to help link them and if not we'll use the plastic room keys as usual.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: