Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #2626
twinmom2002
Mouseketeer

Is Rental car Helpful

Hi All,
We wIll be syating for one week in Septermber of 2014. We are considering renting a car for our entire trip. How helpful would a rental car be in getting around the reosrt and the to the parks? Would you say it's worth and extra $250 or should we just stick with the bus system?

July 2009 - offsite - Reunion Resort
August 2010 - Contemporary
November 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2013 - offsite - Peabody Orlando
September 2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #2627
pink_zebra
Mouseketeer

We are staying at CSR one month from today! DH and I have stayed there before and loved it, but this will be the first time with our son, who is 14 months. We doubt we will be using the pool much, but want to he close to the food court/lobby shop so it will be convenient for snacks, milk, etc for him. Also thinking about requesting ground floor so we don't have to lug the stroller up stairs each night. Any recommendations for room location requests? Thanks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #2628
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_zebra View Post
We are staying at CSR one month from today! DH and I have stayed there before and loved it, but this will be the first time with our son, who is 14 months. We doubt we will be using the pool much, but want to he close to the food court/lobby shop so it will be convenient for snacks, milk, etc for him. Also thinking about requesting ground floor so we don't have to lug the stroller up stairs each night. Any recommendations for room location requests? Thanks!!
There are elevators. You wouldn't have to "lug". We were on the 2nd floor in Cabanas. This is at the elevators ...

IMGP7148 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 10-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #2629
margareton27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvb View Post
I am usually very frugal as well so thats why the thought of spending that much money for a few perks has me stressing out. The reason why I was considering it is that a lot of people here say they would pay the extra $ just for the location alone. Having never stayed here I am relying on others for their opinions. DH and I are both 40 and our girls are 10 and 8 so we don't have a problem walking to get somewhere. We are rope drop people so will be up early and most days will leave the parks early. We have ADRs for most dinners so probably won't use the CSR restaurants more than a few times over the 2 weeks. When we stayed at POP two years ago I brought breakfast food in our suitcase and ordered a case of water. If we don't do BC that's what I'd do again. Not sure about ordering water though. Is water available at the drink stations? if yes will the new chip technology eliminate your ability to get the water? Thanks to everyone who has provided their opinions.
We just returned home from CSR. We like to get up and out to the parks and usually have breakfast foods that we munch on as we are getting ready. When we have ADR's we don't tend to come back to the resort in between. When we travel elsewhere we usually book BC but with our Disney routine we opted not to. For us it just didn't make sense.

Yes you can get water in your mugs at the drink stations.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #2630
margareton27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002 View Post
Hi All, We wIll be syating for one week in Septermber of 2014. We are considering renting a car for our entire trip. How helpful would a rental car be in getting around the reosrt and the to the parks? Would you say it's worth and extra $250 or should we just stick with the bus system?
The buses are very efficient and we have never found it necessary to have a car when staying at a Disney resort. The one time I would have liked it was when having dinner at one resort then getting back to CSR. You have to go back to a park or DTD and then back to CSR. But I also like to have some wine with dinner so I never had to worry about drinking and driving - especially during food and wine
Old 10-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #2631
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

We are staying at csr December 21-28 in a preferred room. I know that preferred is Casitas 1,2 or 3. Which should I request? We have two connecting rooms and two small children. I think I'm also going to request ground floor.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #2632
vikster1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002 View Post
Hi All,
We wIll be syating for one week in Septermber of 2014. We are considering renting a car for our entire trip. How helpful would a rental car be in getting around the reosrt and the to the parks? Would you say it's worth and extra $250 or should we just stick with the bus system?
If you don't plan on leaving the property, I would skip the car. The buses at CSR are great. Alot of people say they are the best on property. The only time we had to "wait" 15 mins was leaving DTD.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #2633
robynluvsdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio
We are staying at csr December 21-28 in a preferred room. I know that preferred is Casitas 1,2 or 3. Which should I request? We have two connecting rooms and two small children. I think I'm also going to request ground floor.
There is absolutely no need for a car. Enjoy!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #2634
troll buster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002
Hi All,
We always rent a car. I'd rather not wait for the buses.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #2635
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

One of our favorite things about going to Disney is that we never use our car while we are there. We have stayed as long as 12 days before and never once moved the car, so I wouldn't rent one if I was only planning to do WDW while in Orlando. I do agree though that the transportation between resorts can be long and sometimes aggravating, but for us, we still prefer to just let Disney do the driving.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #2636
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
One of our favorite things about going to Disney is that we never use our car while we are there. We have stayed as long as 12 days before and never once moved the car, so I wouldn't rent one if I was only planning to do WDW while in Orlando. I do agree though that the transportation between resorts can be long and sometimes aggravating, but for us, we still prefer to just let Disney do the driving.
I second this. The few times that we drove someone on Disney property, we wished that we had taken the buses .

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #2637
annieL
Earning My Ears

We are finally staying at this resort after one cancelled vacation. We will be there in two weeks to finish off our stay. My question is- we have dining ressies at GF one night. Can someone recommend the best way to get there using the buses?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #2638
joanne312
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieL View Post
We are finally staying at this resort after one cancelled vacation. We will be there in two weeks to finish off our stay. My question is- we have dining ressies at GF one night. Can someone recommend the best way to get there using the buses? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Take the bus to MK and then monorail or boat to GF.

Planning: Jan 2014 CSR, Oct 2014 BC
2013 POFQ ~ 2011 POR ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2008 DCL E. Caribbean ~ 2006 DCL W. Caribbean
Old 10-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #2639
platypus74
Earning My Ears

We took the bus to MK and hopped on the monorail to GF. I recommend allowing at least an hour to get there.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #2640
mandi321
Earning My Ears

11 days until we are CSR can't wait!!! can't believe how fast it is coming up now after what seems like waiting forever

offsite 1988 & 1997, Caribbean Beach-2003, offsite 2004
Coronado Springs 2005, offsite 2008, 2009, Port Orleans 2010, Coronado Springs 2013, offsite 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: