Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #2626
twinmom2002
Mouseketeer
 
twinmom2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118

Is Rental car Helpful

Hi All,
We wIll be syating for one week in Septermber of 2014. We are considering renting a car for our entire trip. How helpful would a rental car be in getting around the reosrt and the to the parks? Would you say it's worth and extra $250 or should we just stick with the bus system?
__________________
Me, DH, DS (12) , DD (12)

July 2009 - offsite - Reunion Resort
August 2010 - Contemporary
November 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2013 - offsite - Peabody Orlando
September 2014 - Coronado Springs



twinmom2002 is offline  
Old 10-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #2627
pink_zebra
Mouseketeer
 
pink_zebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 78

We are staying at CSR one month from today! DH and I have stayed there before and loved it, but this will be the first time with our son, who is 14 months. We doubt we will be using the pool much, but want to he close to the food court/lobby shop so it will be convenient for snacks, milk, etc for him. Also thinking about requesting ground floor so we don't have to lug the stroller up stairs each night. Any recommendations for room location requests? Thanks!!
pink_zebra is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #2628
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,079

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_zebra View Post
We are staying at CSR one month from today! DH and I have stayed there before and loved it, but this will be the first time with our son, who is 14 months. We doubt we will be using the pool much, but want to he close to the food court/lobby shop so it will be convenient for snacks, milk, etc for him. Also thinking about requesting ground floor so we don't have to lug the stroller up stairs each night. Any recommendations for room location requests? Thanks!!
There are elevators. You wouldn't have to "lug". We were on the 2nd floor in Cabanas. This is at the elevators ...




IMGP7148 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 10-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #2629
margareton27
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oshawa, ON
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvb View Post
I am usually very frugal as well so thats why the thought of spending that much money for a few perks has me stressing out. The reason why I was considering it is that a lot of people here say they would pay the extra $ just for the location alone. Having never stayed here I am relying on others for their opinions. DH and I are both 40 and our girls are 10 and 8 so we don't have a problem walking to get somewhere. We are rope drop people so will be up early and most days will leave the parks early. We have ADRs for most dinners so probably won't use the CSR restaurants more than a few times over the 2 weeks. When we stayed at POP two years ago I brought breakfast food in our suitcase and ordered a case of water. If we don't do BC that's what I'd do again. Not sure about ordering water though. Is water available at the drink stations? if yes will the new chip technology eliminate your ability to get the water? Thanks to everyone who has provided their opinions.
We just returned home from CSR. We like to get up and out to the parks and usually have breakfast foods that we munch on as we are getting ready. When we have ADR's we don't tend to come back to the resort in between. When we travel elsewhere we usually book BC but with our Disney routine we opted not to. For us it just didn't make sense.

Yes you can get water in your mugs at the drink stations.
margareton27 is offline  
Old 10-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #2630
margareton27
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oshawa, ON
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002 View Post
Hi All, We wIll be syating for one week in Septermber of 2014. We are considering renting a car for our entire trip. How helpful would a rental car be in getting around the reosrt and the to the parks? Would you say it's worth and extra $250 or should we just stick with the bus system?
The buses are very efficient and we have never found it necessary to have a car when staying at a Disney resort. The one time I would have liked it was when having dinner at one resort then getting back to CSR. You have to go back to a park or DTD and then back to CSR. But I also like to have some wine with dinner so I never had to worry about drinking and driving - especially during food and wine
margareton27 is offline  
Old 10-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #2631
kristainohio
Mouseketeer
 
kristainohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 264

We are staying at csr December 21-28 in a preferred room. I know that preferred is Casitas 1,2 or 3. Which should I request? We have two connecting rooms and two small children. I think I'm also going to request ground floor.
kristainohio is offline  
Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #2632
vikster1
Mouseketeer
 
vikster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: jersey shore
Posts: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002 View Post
Hi All,
We wIll be syating for one week in Septermber of 2014. We are considering renting a car for our entire trip. How helpful would a rental car be in getting around the reosrt and the to the parks? Would you say it's worth and extra $250 or should we just stick with the bus system?
If you don't plan on leaving the property, I would skip the car. The buses at CSR are great. Alot of people say they are the best on property. The only time we had to "wait" 15 mins was leaving DTD.
__________________
vikster1 is offline  
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #2633
robynluvsdisney
Earning My Ears
 
robynluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio
We are staying at csr December 21-28 in a preferred room. I know that preferred is Casitas 1,2 or 3. Which should I request? We have two connecting rooms and two small children. I think I'm also going to request ground floor.
There is absolutely no need for a car. Enjoy!
robynluvsdisney is offline  
Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #2634
troll buster
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom2002
Hi All,
We wIll be syating for one week in Septermber of 2014. We are considering renting a car for our entire trip. How helpful would a rental car be in getting around the reosrt and the to the parks? Would you say it's worth and extra $250 or should we just stick with the bus system?
We always rent a car. I'd rather not wait for the buses.
troll buster is offline  
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #2635
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

One of our favorite things about going to Disney is that we never use our car while we are there. We have stayed as long as 12 days before and never once moved the car, so I wouldn't rent one if I was only planning to do WDW while in Orlando. I do agree though that the transportation between resorts can be long and sometimes aggravating, but for us, we still prefer to just let Disney do the driving.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #2636
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,256

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
One of our favorite things about going to Disney is that we never use our car while we are there. We have stayed as long as 12 days before and never once moved the car, so I wouldn't rent one if I was only planning to do WDW while in Orlando. I do agree though that the transportation between resorts can be long and sometimes aggravating, but for us, we still prefer to just let Disney do the driving.
I second this. The few times that we drove someone on Disney property, we wished that we had taken the buses .
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #2637
annieL
Earning My Ears
 
annieL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 73

We are finally staying at this resort after one cancelled vacation. We will be there in two weeks to finish off our stay. My question is- we have dining ressies at GF one night. Can someone recommend the best way to get there using the buses?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
__________________
annieL
annieL is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #2638
joanne312
DIS Veteran
 
joanne312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieL View Post
We are finally staying at this resort after one cancelled vacation. We will be there in two weeks to finish off our stay. My question is- we have dining ressies at GF one night. Can someone recommend the best way to get there using the buses? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Take the bus to MK and then monorail or boat to GF.
__________________
Me DH DS 1



Planning: Jan 2014 CSR, Oct 2014 BC
2013 POFQ ~ 2011 POR ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2008 DCL E. Caribbean ~ 2006 DCL W. Caribbean
joanne312 is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #2639
platypus74
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4

We took the bus to MK and hopped on the monorail to GF. I recommend allowing at least an hour to get there.
platypus74 is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #2640
mandi321
Earning My Ears
 
mandi321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 35

11 days until we are CSR can't wait!!! can't believe how fast it is coming up now after what seems like waiting forever
__________________

offsite 1988 & 1997, Caribbean Beach-2003, offsite 2004
Coronado Springs 2005, offsite 2008, 2009, Port Orleans 2010, Coronado Springs 2013, offsite 2014
mandi321 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: